Revelations (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateDragon View Post
    it's assumed the final 5 was were born not built and can't resurrect like the others

the final 5 can age, get sick they are more human then the other 7
    As theorized on another thread by myself and couple of others, the Final five are Human but with a genetically engineered set of memories. Galen's is under 40 years old and therefore can't be one of the one cylons who traveled from earth. Especially if they age. If they have genetic memory and the ability to add their memories to that, then to pass on said memories one would only need to have children.

Galen's father worshiped the five priests. That is were Galen learned that history. Galen found the temple on the algea world by following instincts, or fragments of memories from his father. This also easily explains Tory, and Anders both of whom are roughly the same age as Galen.

Their download mechanism is in their children, Which oddly enough makes Nicky a cylon.

Comment

Originally posted by AeronPrometheus View Post
      I think what has made most Science Fiction great is political statements and reflecting through fictional elements. What made Star Trek (each individual series in it's own time) so good was the futuristic approach to then present day problems here on Earth.

What makes Battlestar Galactica so much fun for me to watch and get involved in is the violent shaking of everyone's comfort zone...
      Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I will never understand the whole 'art should be entertaining, not make statements' mindset. It's the entire function and purpose of art that it says something.
      Agreed.
      BSG has been about making statements since day 1. If they were subtle enough that folks who don't like 'statements' still enjoyed the drama, then they must've been doing one heck of a story-telling job, eh?

But I can see the other side, too. Sometimes I like a pretty little bow on the end of a story - the whole fairy-tale ending has appeal (go watch stargate). However, I have a feeling that all the whooping and cheering has happened now in BSG and now we're going to get the fall out. Life is dark, BSG is going to get darker.

Comment

I'd just like to throw it out there that someone needs to explain to the cast and crew (namely the chick that plays kara) that well-trained soldiers do not run like kindergarteners with their hands flapping.

That kinda took away from the scene where she was running to stop the airlocking.

(And why didn't she just call anyway?)

Comment

Maybe Roslin isn't the "Dying Leader".
          There are only 3 options:
          1. Roslin is not the dying leader referred to
          2. The planet on which they landed is not the "promised land" regardless of whether it's Earth or not.
          3. The prophesy is not true.

Here is what we know about the prophecy regarding a dying leader:
          Elosha: "And the lords anointed a leader to guide the Caravan of the Heavens to their new homeland." (The Hand of God)

Elosha: She also wrote that the new leader suffered a wasting disease and would not live to enter the new land. (The Hand of God)

Roslin: The scriptures tell us a dying leader lead humanity to the promised land. (Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I)
          Last edited by Ladybug; 17 June 2008, 09:08 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Originally posted by m57lyra View Post
            And, would make Leoben's statement accurate ;^D
            Leoben did not know who the Final Five were when he made that statement. He was simply doing what Leoben does best - fraking with people's minds.

Comment

Chiming in to add that I like my entertainment to have some meaning behind it as well. Sure I enjoy some fluff sci-fi, Stargate, Star Trek, love them. But nothing feels as satisfying as a great sci-fi show that demands you as a viewer to think, to possibly disagree with and dislike your favourite characters at times, to see your heroes do the unheroic, and to have it all be completely honest about what it is to be a human being. But most important of all, demands emotional investment (for me that's the most important aspect of storytelling in any medium- make me feel something, then make me think about those feelings). It's not pretty, but it's thought provoking, entertaining, and in the end the most satisfying. These characters earn their victories; they come along so rarely that when they cheer like they did at the end of Revelations, it really means something rather than victory of the week which becomes stale, tired, and pretty soon means nothing. I'm sure that final victory had most of us as viewers strung along thinking everything would be okay, even as in the back of our minds we all know that something is going to go very very bad, but when you want your characters to have that happy moment so much that you start fooling yourself, I figure that's a sign of some pretty awesome writing to create that kind investment in the characters.

So let Earth be a craphole. I want to see what my beloved characters do about it, and yes, it won't be pretty or heroic, which is fine by me.

Comment

I'm pretty sure we can still only tell about planets in other star systems by the "wobble" their gravity imparts to the star itself...

For a planet to be habitable for humans means it's the correct size for the gravity well to hold oxygen and nitrogen. Too big means it'd hold lighter gasses and have a hydrogen or helium atmosphere, too small means it wouldn't even hold oxygen.

Also, it would have to be at the correct distance from the star to be a good temperature for us, i.e. farther from a hotter star or closer to a colder star.

Some of that maybe we can guess at, but we're not capable of looking through space to do a Star Trek-style survey of a planet, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  <Insert a Really awesome rant from above>

So let Earth be a craphole. I want to see what my beloved characters do about it, and yes, it won't be pretty or heroic, which is fine by me.
                  Actually in BSG it will be pretty and Heroic, just not in the way that most people are assuming.

BSG is what drama should be. thought provoking with just enough twist to go huh?

I don't mind the fact the earth is destroyed. what I want to know is what are they going to do now? Some how I think the fleet is going to divide. A group will follow Baltar and settle in one location while another group goes back to Kobol and starts again. I would also like to know how the earth was leveled. but that is a long time away. It is hard to believe that it has been 5 years since the mini series came out.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                    Actually in BSG it will be pretty and Heroic, just not in the say that most people are assuming.

BSG is what drama should be. thought provoking with just enough twist to go huh?

I don't mind the fact the earth is destroyed. what I want to know is what are they going to do now? Some how I think the fleet is going to divide. A group will follow Baltar and settle in one location while another group goes back to Kobol and starts again. I would also like to know how the earth was leveled. but that is a long time away. It is hard to believe that it has been 5 years since the mini series came out.
                    Good point, it'll be heroic by BSG's definition rather than the standard hero ideals that the word "heroic" conjures.

I can't believe I've been watching this show for five years either.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
                      Leoben did not know who the Final Five were when he made that statement. He was simply doing what Leoben does best - fraking with people's minds.
                      i have a theory that, like laura Roslin kinda pointed out, that they know *someting* about the Final Five, or else why would they have been specifically programmed *not* to think about it.

In an "instinct" or "species memory" kind of way then, they should be capable of speaking a truth about it, whether it is a conscious truth or not.

I think Leoben was, agreed, doing what he does best, and that is letting flow with his gut (instinctual) feelings...

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                        ... what I want to know is what are they going to do now?
                        First I would suggest they do a recon on "Earth" to determine if it really is Earth and to find out if there are any human survivors of the event that caused the radioactive soil.

Supposing it is Earth and there are no survivors, what do they do next?
                        What are their options?
                        1. Stay with the Cylons and go find another habitable planet that someone hasn't already nuked.
                        2. Shake hands, hug, promise to write and part ways with the Cylons to each separately find their own new home. Just remember that resentment may tend to grow while apart and everyone may be facing another Colonial/Cylon War in another 40 years.
                        3. Go back to Caprica and deal with the radiation. (Either together or separately).
                        4. Stay on Earth and deal with the radiation. (Either together or separately).

Comment

Wow what an ep!

Sif make us wait until next year! GRRRR!

Spoiler:
                          Oh, it looks like they landed in Sydney, more precisely Neutral Bay/Kirribilli area. In fact, you can see Fort Denison when it begins pan across the destroyed city after zooming out from Starbuck.

Comment

Added speculation, but are prime numbers important to this show?

There are right now eleven revealed cylons.
                            There are seven significant sevens.
                            There are five final fives.
                            Now, the three played her role in identifying four of the final five.
                            So next up is the prime number two. Is it possible that Leoben has an important role next?

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
                              Added speculation, but are prime numbers important to this show?

There are right now eleven revealed cylons.
                              There are seven significant sevens.
                              There are five final fives.
                              Now, the three played her role in identifying four of the final five.
                              So next up is the prime number two. Is it possible that Leoben has an important role next?
                              Interesting theory. I could see more Leoben as long as he doesn't get all stalker-ish on Kara again.
                              Also, wanted to add that it reminds me of McKay/Zelenka game of prime/not-prime.

Comment

Originally posted by m57lyra View Post
                                I'd just like to throw it out there that someone needs to explain to the cast and crew (namely the chick that plays kara) that well-trained soldiers do not run like kindergarteners with their hands flapping.

That kinda took away from the scene where she was running to stop the airlocking.

(And why didn't she just call anyway?)
                                i thought of that too...kara, pick up the radio and say stop

then again, we wouldn't have had the drama i guess
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X