Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateDragon View Post
    it's scifi not ron moore
    Good. so I have the appropriate targets....

Next year.

BAH!!!
    Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
    Spoiler:
    "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
    "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
    "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
    "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
    "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Fantastic episode, 10/10. If they had been unable to finish the season order and this had ended up being the finale, I would have been content. Thankfully we have even more to come!

I think there is more than meets the eye, I believe there will still be humans left somewhere, whether they colonised the moon, Mars or Titan, or even if there are still pockets of humans left on Earth. Keep in mind we only saw the ruins of one nuked city. There are so many cities the world over that could still be standing and inhabited, I don't think the fleet can scan planet surfaces from space and they have to rely literally on what they can see from their Raptors. Earth is a big bloody planet lol. They can't see it all straight away.

Either way, I think Earth will be the new Kobol. A new civilisation will be set up here eventually, only for it to eventually splinter hundreds or thousands of years down the road, like what happened 'originally'.

P.S: Keep in mind everyone, we moan now that the new episodes are far away, but when they do come we will be all the more greatful for them!

Can't wait to see what happens! I thank god Atlantis starts in a couple of weeks, because I need a fix of my favourite shows!

Comment

Oh man, once I saw how desolate the planet was after they landed, I honestly wanted to commit suicide myself. Well of course not really but I would have if I were in their shoes. I mean, when they found Earth while still in orbit, that music was SOOO HAPPY then BAM! I mean, what a fracking slap in the face and kick in the nuts the ending of that episode was.

I mean, I half expected something to be wrong since it was not the final episode; however, I just got so caught up in their joy.

I love this show.

"Oh sirrah, how deliciously absurd!" - Hedonism Bot

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
          Spoiler:
          This is rather suggestively familiar, though I'm pretty sure a close analysis of the shape will prove that it is not what it resembles at first glance:

Did anyone else get this?

I'm still trying to work out my real reactions and get them in a form of English that won't be corrected later on.
          Spoiler:
          It looks sorta like a Viper but I think your just looking too hard.
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I honestly thought the fleet would be attacked after it made the jump to "Earth" A bunch of unknown ships suddenly appearing above your planet, looks mighty threatening.

I really hate Tori, she's such a *****. The president asks her to please convince Diana not to kill the humans and she says "I done taking orders from you" What the hell?

Really liked Tigh in this episode, but they did have plot induced stupidity. Tigh and and the other 3 could have told Diana to back down and let the humans go. Or they will never come over. Instead of having the stupid threat of killing them.

Also first thing they should have done after diana took hostages is to have the rest of the fleet to jump to the emergency coordinates.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
              There aren't enough nukes in the world to bomb every corner of it
              Yes there are.

Comment

the only thing that bothers me, is that the dieing leader is Not supposed to SET FOOT on the planet earth and here we see all candidates for that role on the so called planet "earth". maybe this isnt earth! yeah to me it looks like a ruined nyc, but then again, in the the season 3 finale, rdm made the earth as clear as can be... we see the outline of north america and he made florida very obvious. why all the clouds to cover it up? it looks to be like a permanent cloud cover, and it wasnt so in that episode.
                -also, how long would the soil be radioactive after a nuclear blast? the city looks like its been abandoned way longer than 50+ years and i mean hiroshima and nagasaki have ppl living in them again (i dont know if those were just different types of bombs.) but with that it would make me think that the devastation was more recent. plus shouldnt there be some ppl left living in like fiji er something?

-also, if this is earth and it is abandoned... who made and gave kara her shiny new viper?
                ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

The planet was a terraformed Mars. (sarcasm added) All in all, if it is Earth so be it. I think a destroyed Earth will make for a more interesting plot pointthan a technologically marvelous Earth.
                  When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

-also does any1 have screenshot from when they pan around the ruins they are standing in... to me some of the stones looked like they had christian crosses on them, suggesting that they are in a church of somekind...
                    ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
                      the only thing that bothers me, is that the dieing leader is Not supposed to SET FOOT on the planet earth and here we see all candidates for that role on the so called planet "earth". maybe this isnt earth! yeah to me it looks like a ruined nyc, but then again, in the the season 3 finale, rdm made the earth as clear as can be... we see the outline of north america and he made florida very obvious. why all the clouds to cover it up? it looks to be like a permanent cloud cover, and it wasnt so in that episode.
                      -also, how long would the soil be radioactive after a nuclear blast? the city looks like its been abandoned way longer than 50+ years and i mean hiroshima and nagasaki have ppl living in them again (i dont know if those were just different types of bombs.) but with that it would make me think that the devastation was more recent. plus shouldnt there be some ppl left living in like fiji er something?

-also, if this is earth and it is abandoned... who made and gave kara her shiny new viper?
                      I thought the prophecy said specifically that the dying leader would not set foot in the promised land. Who is to say that Earth is the promised land.
                      When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

-haha that 1 ship that they launched on the initial survey really made me think it was the prometheus...

Comment

A destroyed earth is stupid. It's basically New Caprica again. They found a planet they believe they will be safe on but need to rebuild/add infrastructure to live on it.

Comment

yeah... the writers making us THINK it's Earth might be another one of their clever ploys to trick us.

Comment

Originally posted by nckzvnbr View Post
                              I thought the prophecy said specifically that the dying leader would not set foot in the promised land. Who is to say that Earth is the promised land.
                              exactly the promise land could be a another planet ...

earth could be a road sign to a bigger better place

Comment

Originally posted by Adar0 View Post
                                Has anyone had this idea?

Spoiler:
                                ...Laura Roslin isn't dead yet "They will be lead by a dying leader who will not live to see the promised land"...
                                Well... She kind of hasn't gotten to see the promised land. It was supposed to be sanctuary, the thriving home of their long lost brothers and sisters. It isn't. It is something none of them saw coming, far from the promised land it was supposed to be, if you get what I mean. But I'm probably totally wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X