The Hub (409)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoof View Post
    Good episode. The confession of Baltar was priceless. So was Laura being told she's a cylon. Note that D'anna didn't say she wasn't, either And watching Baltar try to convert the Centurion... very nice.

BTW, I wish to reiterate again my annoyance at previews. Ever since early in the series, I have been avoiding the previews/teasers, after having stuff spoiled (like Cally going out the launch tube). Just for kicks, I looked at last weeks teaser after watching The Hub. They completely spoiled the D'anna telling Laura she's a cylon thing. I am so glad I did not see that teaser. It would have totally ruined a very unexpected moment (no one expects such a reveal on this episode, they're obviously going to play that card at a opportune moment).

What goes on in the mind of the SciFi teaser-making crew? Why do they insist on spoiling future episodes like that? I've been adverse to watching SciFi recently for fear of a BSG ad showing up spoiling something. It's not like their fan base is going to be increased significantly at this point regardless of what they put in the teasers/ads, and we fans don't need those kinds of "grab you" teasers to keep watching. All they do is spoil it for us and make people like me avoid their channel for fear of spoilerage. Very strange thinking on their part.
    I Absolutely agree!!!!! We get very different teasers on SPACE which are pretty much non-spoilery, but I keep forgetting that ours are different, so I just went and clicked on spoiler space for teaser discussion and got spoiled on what looks like to me the entire episode!

Anyone else thinking next week will play out season finale big rather than typical mid-season finale big? Hope so.

Comment

the end was great lol i dont thiink rosslin is ever going to turn to believing in one God tho. d'anna one can just see that coming with how she is. the hub really looks beautiful. the end is coming for baltar on the next ep when adama and the rest of the fleet find out the truth. i wonder how forgiving theyll be?

Spoiler:
      starbucks squeaky clean ship radar turns on and im sure we can all guess where it leads, did we see a glimpse of that special place we all call home?
      Last edited by daniel9; 07 June 2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        I Absolutely agree!!!!! We get very different teasers on SPACE which are pretty much non-spoilery, but I keep forgetting that ours are different, so I just went and clicked on spoiler space for teaser discussion and got spoiled on what looks like to me the entire episode!

Anyone else thinking next week will play out season finale big rather than typical mid-season finale big? Hope so.
        I hope so as well considering next week is supposed to be like the last episode of 2008 if I heard right (oh it better not be I waited a damn year for this season to start)
        Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 06 June 2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
          I hope so as well considering next week is supposed to be like the last episode of 2009 if I heard right (oh it better not be I waited a damn year for this season to start)
          Last week of 2008. Though there's the possibility of it coming sooner.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Cellar Dwellar,

Where did you get that last supper pic with Lee's ex-wife in it? Explain anything about it you know please...

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
              I hope so as well considering next week is supposed to be like the last episode of 2009 if I heard right (oh it better not be I waited a damn year for this season to start)
              SPACE showed a giant "last episode until 2009" tag to the trailer.....the size of "2009" not my emphasis.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chev's Ron View Post
                I thought that Roslyn's worrying about baltar was out of character, but with her "shaking" and stuff, it could have been a side effect of her meds.
                Actually... I think she was just in emotional chaos in learning that the man she hates most... was also the man who caused the death of billions of people... and is now laying there nonchalanty talking about how he doesn't have any guilt...
                Wouldn't you be falling apart with rage also?

Thats what was happening.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                  whoops how could I have gotten 2008/2009 mixed up *slams head on my desk*

I really hope it comes sooner

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    SPACE showed a giant "last episode until 2009" tag to the trailer.....the size of "2009" not my emphasis.....
                    2009... oy.

Atleast that gives me enough time to watch an episode or two of the series collection I have a week in order to whet my appetite. I just hope that this episode and the next aren't the highlights of this season. Despite this ones excellent show, and the potential for an awesome episode next week, I am hoping that the wait will be worth it.
                    Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                      Actually... I think she was just in emotional chaos in learning that the man she hates most... was also the man who caused the death of billions of people... and is now laying there nonchalanty talking about how he doesn't have any guilt...

In a perfect world that was an Emmy-stealing scene right there.....

That scene was so amazing- laid out before her are all her sins, and all of Baltar's and she it literally covered in blood of a human being (that she could either "airlock" or save) for the first time, the distance is gone, and she's facing a choice, and Mary played it remarkably.

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post

He did have guilt, but he "let go" of the guilt. And I agree, the emotional chaos of learning that the man that lied before her had committed such a sin was what caused her to shake. There was the man that betrayed humanity. Lying, bleeding, drugged, dying... and he was talking about a religious epiphany. Though he could have phrased that a LOT better than how he did.

Did anyone get any sort of satisfaction when Cavil got pwned?

And where was Leoben, Simon and Doral?
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Chev's Ron View Post
                          2009... oy.

Atleast that gives me enough time to watch an episode or two of the series collection I have a week in order to whet my appetite. I just hope that this episode and the next aren't the highlights of this season. Despite this ones excellent show, and the potential for an awesome episode next week, I am hoping that the wait will be worth it.
                          Hmmm, that is a bright side! Re-watch the entire series! I always like that plan.....

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            Don't you dare. Don't you even dare.

My hope is left dwindling but upon it's last clasp after the yearlong wait last year. You will pay for my shattered humanity if you utter any variation of those words.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                              Its interesting to me that it is the humans that aren't being trustworthy and the cylons are the ones that have kept their part of the bargain. After the entire series of the humans saying how untrustworthy and how evil the cylons are, it is the humans that are actually the untrustworthy ones.
                              Why don't people have perspective?

The humans were not the ones who nuked several billion people into oblivion now were they?
                              The Cylons were. The Cylons are not entitled to the Human's trust.

Comment

Did anyone get any sort of satisfaction when Cavil got pwned?
                                I know I did when I saw #3 go Xena on his ass

Comment

Working...
                                X