Guess What's Coming To Dinner (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two great episodes in a row, sweet!

Did anyone happen to catch what Athena said to Tigh right before she shot Natalie?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I liked this episode. It was good enough that I didn't notice that the hour had elapsed.

Comment

Originally posted by hoof View Post
        Oh man, I just had an epiphany. The song Gaeta is singing at the end has the same tune as the music that's playing when the basestar jumps and Natalie gets shot.

That's got to mean something. No idea what yet
        Didn't particularly notice that, but that would be because it flows nicely- if I recall there wasn't any break between the basestar jumping and Gaeta singing. To have two different tunes would sound weird. It's simply Bear McCreary being excellent, rather than having any significant meaning I think.

Comment

Shoot, two weeks all because of memorial day.

Well I guess I'll just play Halo or something not-as-fun as a new episode.

Kind of weird that the rebel Cylons don't want to resurrect anymore. I know that that wouldn't be me if I was a Cylon.
          sigpic

Comment

The song Geita is singing will be season 4's Watchtower, this episode reeked of movie quality shots and music, they even strummed a few lines from the song that led up to Watchtower in the Season 3 cliffhanger while the groups were walking to their respective destinations. The music for this series is outstanding.

Tigh's "Which one of them shot Geita?", spoken in the same breath as Kara's "They're with me". Which was in reference to the skin jobs. What a poetic line, seeing as it WAS a Cylon that shot him. Almost as funny as Tigh quoting Charlton Heston in the brig with Six.

I didn't like Tori getting all mopey when the president found her out, that's not how she acts now at all. She should have snapped back and walked out of the room in protest. However her attempted manipulation of Baltar is on the mark.

Tyrol seems to be obsessed with being super-mechanic now, even during the storage locker gang meeting he was cleaning something. Watch at the end of the series he builds his own homemade Centurion and lets it loose on the ship. At least he had the sense to realize that mixing paint wasn't nearly as interesting as following Athena aimlessly through the ship. Don't they have Amber Alert, that thing is a mile long.

I like the idea that the Base Star will heal itself (depleted of raiders oh well, unless they can heal too), by the time it's fully operational they'll manage to blow it up, along with half the namelesses that are currently on board. I laughed at how the Centurions are all "Move, *****es". Hope the ship doesn't have public showers.

Let's see, continue talking about the third dimension of the show or talk about how bad ass the CGI was during the Base Star's popping up inside the fleet. That had to make several captains wet themselves. Ships were going everywhere and Galactica was just waiting for a clean shot, loved it to death. Although why didn't Tigh just say he saw the overlapping FOF tags on Dradius? Was no one else looking? Was the Base Star's comm out also, hard to believe when that frakked up Heavy Raider could talk to Kara.

That's all I've got right now. Damn fine episode, they're pouring all the good gasoline into the rest of the series now, expect each episode to be better than the last.

Comment

The writers are blurring the line...Humans and Cylons are more alike than they care to admit. The distrust, lies or half-truths, and even shooting/killing their own.

Liked the coloring book, as the pages were turned, it started to look like '666' in groups of three. RDM probably threw that in there.

Should be interesting where the baseship jumped to.
              It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

More meat and potatoes this week of the major plot thread it fact I think this is the most together(physically) that the story has been since the season opener. I still have mixed feelings on the larger season arc. While I like that kind of show, battlestar has always walked the line of being arc driven and still having one shot episodes. There is no more of that of course there is to much ground to cover and just one season to cover it. At this point I like the journey I think its strong is most parts, not all but most. However I reserve my judgment until I see the end. Because this season will be made or broken on how they finish the show.
                "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Great episode, it had a bit of everything. For the first time this season I feel like the show is moving forward and going somewhere instead of keeping questions unexplained and forgotten.

Also on another note it was good that there were no minor season 1/2 actors killed off - I was worried in the final scene with Gaeta that something was going to happen but thankfully it didn't pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                    Easily my favorite episode of the season, if not the entire series just because of the last five minutes. I mean wow...what more is there to say?

And the next one looks good,
                    Spoiler:
                    anyone else catch Tight punching Adama?
                    <orgasmic>JUMP</orgasmic>

Wow Just fracking Wow. I loved this episode. Between Gaeta's sweet voice,(and yes I can see him wanting to be awake for the cutting, In the civil war era and in military hospitals it can be done still that way. The only reason to knock you out completely is for the pain.

On the Basestar, is half the viper wing as well as a number of raptor pilots. Oh yea Basestar's are grown? but Raiders aren't? A Basestar can't replace missing raiders either. this is odd considering the Pegasus could. Maybe Raiders with their downloads require them to be built at the resurrection ship/hub

As Well I can see Six, Baltar, Hera, Baltar's harem, and the remaining Cylons going back to Kobol to restart human life. Starbuck the harbinger of death will kill all Cylons, one way or another.

Originally posted by hoof View Post
                    Oh man, I just had an epiphany. The song Gaeta is singing at the end has the same tune as the music that's playing when the basestar jumps and Natalie gets shot.

That's got to mean something. No idea what yet
                    Isn't it the same song that the other 4 heard at their meeting? could be wrong on that though. I don't have an ear for music.

As someone else pointed out the three may not be D'anna but the 3 T's Tigh,Tori, & Tyrol. I bet Tigh gives up Anders, and maybe Tori in the next episode.

Comment

For anyone wondering about the music, Bear McCreary's blog has a great (as usual) entry about this past episode: http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=349

(My reactions later, I need to watch the episode again.)
                      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                        For anyone wondering about the music, Bear McCreary's blog has a great (as usual) entry about this past episode: http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=349

(My reactions later, I need to watch the episode again.)
                        Nice!!!!

well we thought the song wired into the ep and we were right

i really hope it's on the soundtrack
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm surprised that many times it has been said "the Final Five cylons are from Earth" yet no one seems to be in the least disturbed or surprised by that fact. There should have been at least some worry about Earth being compromised by the enemy.

Comment

Why are the colonials letting the centurions just walk around? Wouldn't the first thing to do upon taking over the basestar be to melt them all down into scrap?

Comment

Originally posted by stdhs View Post
                              Why are the colonials letting the centurions just walk around? Wouldn't the first thing to do upon taking over the basestar be to melt them all down into scrap?
                              How about we melt you down into scrap. remember this group of cylons freed the centurions and made them truly sentient. The Centurions might object, Violently.

Comment

Originally posted by stdhs View Post
                                It's most likely that they can't. The colonials on the base star are probably greatly outnumbered by the Centurions.

And it's not like the Centurions are blindly taking orders anymore, either. They would probably look unkindly on any attempt to scrap them.

Comment

Working...
                                X