No announcement yet.

Guess What's Coming To Dinner (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode tonight. Too bad it had to end. Two weeks before seeing what happens next is going to so suck.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

In The scifi trailer for 2 weeks from now:

Spoiler:
      For a couple frames there was someone being sworn in. It looked like lee was being sworn in as president, or something. Keep in mind the RTF has no clue where the base-ship jumped to and may temporarily assume roslin dead.

Comment

anyone else find it kinda errie that the survivor count isn't moving much ...it's like there want you to get that number in your head

like something bads going to happen. it's been bugging me lately
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought it was ironic that Natalie thought the Humans couldn't be trusted, then had the revelation that it was the Cylons that couldn't be trusted, and then she comes back to the Galactica to be shot by Athena, a Cylon.

Spoiler:
          If you look up some of the season promos for Lee for season 4 there is one on youtube showing him taking an oath, but with his father present. But the legal thing, if their law is anything like ours would be to make the vice president the president not some quorom member, which would mean Zarek not Lee.
          When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
            [spoiler]The Quorum of the Twelve was a weak plot device. They were forced on us to help with Lee's plot. And then seeing the dead, clueless look in their faces. There was no connection. The emotions that Natalie supposedly saw in the Quorum were non-existent to the viewers.
            Oh, I dunno. I kinda thought that was the point ... the Quorum was so dead and unaffected by her speech which, I think, came across to the viewer (and Roslin and Starbuck, at the least) as kinda deeply moving. There doesn't seem to be as much possible empathy for certain Cylons with people outside the inner circle and I think this is a big issue with the rebel Cylons ... as it probably ought to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if RTF mutiny becomes a significant point a little further down the road. The Cylons have had civil war ... why not the humans? Lord knows (as does Natalie) that it's in our nature. Again, another issues that minimizes the differences between Cylons and humans. Rebel Cylons hooking up with rebel RTF humans - this could be our new tribe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart View Post
              Oh, I dunno. I kinda thought that was the point ... the Quorum was so dead and unaffected by her speech which, I think, came across to the viewer (and Roslin and Starbuck, at the least) as kinda deeply moving. There doesn't seem to be as much possible empathy for certain Cylons with people outside the inner circle and I think this is a big issue with the rebel Cylons ... as it probably ought to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if RTF mutiny becomes a significant point a little further down the road. The Cylons have had civil war ... why not the humans? Lord knows (as does Natalie) that it's in our nature. Again, another issues that minimizes the differences between Cylons and humans. Rebel Cylons hooking up with rebel RTF humans - this could be our new tribe.
              or humans prove that they are worthy to survive and the cylons end up breaking apart completely
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Spoiler:
                im looking at the screencap, Lee is DEF. being sworn into something, zarek and adama are present, but lee is DEF. in the spotlight. There is a microphone aimed at lee on the edge of the pic and behind him someone is holding a remote-control shaped silver device up to eye level and pushing something on it.

Comment

for the preview for the next episode

Spoiler:
                  was that Lampkin I saw in it since I cant name many if at all any characters other than him that wear sun glasses... I sure hope its him

Comment

Another great episode...I'd rather not have my three day weekend next weekend and see the new episode instead.

The truth of the opera house...we don't really know it yet, do we? I wonder if Athena, by killing Natalie, is actually making what she most fears come true. Like some sort of odd self-fulfulling prophecy.

Feelix, wow, nice seranade. Does anyone know the song he was singing? I'm sure it has some sort of significance.

The wheely ship that was damaged in the premiere looks like it is fully repaired now...will this new alliance bring "wholeness" to the remnants of humanity?

I hope they give Lee something more to do soon. So far I'm not impressed with his political career.

Roslin asking Starbuck for help--that was majorly unexpected for me. I wonder why the hybrid immediately jumped, and to where.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                      for the preview for the next episode

Spoiler:
                      was that Lampkin I saw in it since I cant name many if at all any characters other than him that wear sun glasses... I sure hope its him
                      no one else in the series wears them so its obvious who it is

hm am i the only one who thinks the opera house is a superpowered resurrection hub?

lol i wonder how athena is gonna feel when she finds out she shot the wrong 6? lucky she didnt see baltar like rosslin did or she wouldve gone after caprica

hm why was baltar so trusting to helo? he just went with him to an unknown place. is there a reason for that besides him now being fearless? and who told baltar that gaeta was singing and why would he need to know?
                      Last edited by daniel9; 16 May 2008, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Oh, also, Baltar's new facial hair arrangement:

W.
                        T.
                        F.

Is he trying to look like a carny?
                        OMG I am so glad I wasn't the only one wondering WTF was up with Baltar's facial hair. Dear lord please shave it off.

And I am pretty much with everyone else on this. Gaeta's voice = FTW. That man needs his own album. Screw American Idol, I wanna hear more of Gaeta singing.

Spoiler:
                        And seriously was that Lampkin I saw a quick flash of? I ADORE Lampkin and would love to see more of him.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                        Photobucket

Comment

I knew that none of the Main characters on the Base Ship were going to die when Galactica deployed vipers, but still... The scene was intense. (Good twist on Demetrius not jumping in time)

I wonder what Caprica thinks of the Rebellion. Obviously she would support most of the rebels given her willingness to help Galactica's crew. I just wonder if her defection, like the boomer-apathy on side choosing, is unique to her model.

I certainty wasn't expecting Natalie to be shot, even with Athena's gun raised. Given Hera's response to the dream when she spoke to Athena, I wonder if the Baby "knows" more than her mom and the others. Perhaps death and life... Roslyn and a Newborn, will lead humanity to Earth.

Saul Tigh's willingness to destroy/backstab the Rebel cylons shows his deep fear of discovery. With all the talk about the final five knowing the way to Earth, the four must be having doubts as to Earths existence.

What I mean by that is that if the others "messianic quest" for earth, wrong on that point, then the final five might think that the whole thing is a bunch of hooey.

I only hope that the Rebels are allowed back into the fleet, I really liked the idea of a joint task force.

Spoiler:

I think that in the next Episode Saul will either admit that he is a cylon, or come damn close to it. If all else is frakked up, then Saul might just end his friendship with Adama and say the hell with it.
                          Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                          -----------------------------------------------
                          I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Crap...Double post delete plz
                            Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                            -----------------------------------------------
                            I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

I was watching the rerun of the episode, when I realized something. The hybrid said Kara was the harbringer of death (how do you spell that word?). The humans and the rebels are planning on destroying the ressurection capacity of the cylons. In a sense, they are bringing death (at some future point) to the Cylons, could this be what the hybrid meant? That Kara would start the events that lead to the loss of the cylon's immortality?

Speaking of which, I have two thoughts about this supposed nexus. If there's only one, and destroying it eliminates the ressurection capacity, then I'd guess that the cylons would've been in trouble had the humans not been destroyed and war had started. After all, once the humans found (and destroyed) this facility, the cylons would no longer be immortal. You'd think that they'd decentralize the system or have the ability to replace it. The fact that they don't (as implied by the rebels) indicates that the human cylons were made by something else, something else that deliberately left that weakness.

Also, since the rebels showed interest in bringing #3 back, Cavil's group should realize that the facility would be a target (at a minimum, to get #3 back). As a result, they'd be wise to set a trap, wait for someone to try to make a move, then kill them. It only makes sense.

Comment

Oh man, I just had an epiphany. The song Gaeta is singing at the end has the same tune as the music that's playing when the basestar jumps and Natalie gets shot.

That's got to mean something. No idea what yet

Comment

Working...
                                X