No announcement yet.

Faith (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far better ep than last week's, thank goodness.

-Interesting how they have been focusing on Roslin's hairstyles. First she had the Cain-style wig. Then she was bald in front of Tory to portray her vulnerability and fear. And later I thought her headshawl looked a lot like a nun's as she cared for Nana's character.

-Wait, did Baltar quote Shakespeare in his radio address? I could have sworn I heard something about a mortal coil.

-I loved the end where Roslin stated to Adama with such confidence that they'll find Earth. Finally, some hope is back in this show! And it came about indirectly from Baltar of all things.

-I wonder what would have happened if Anders had touched the basestar's interface.

-Natalie killing the 6 was a great scene, as was Roslin on the boat.

-What are we supposed to assume activated the hybrid? An 8's blood dripping into the bath, physical proof of the centurion's independence, or close proximity of Starbuck? The immediate assumption of the hybrid's comment was that following Starbuck would lead to the humans' demise. But could the death refer to someone else (the cylons) or could "death" be more philosophical than actual?

-Gaeta is so losing his leg.

-Looking forward to unboxing the 3s and jumping the basestar into the RTF, heh. I wonder who 3 is going to recognize first, and if she's going to tell everyone or keep it to herself.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
      im guessing the 3 which will lead them to the 5=tigh, tyrol and anders.
      No, the missing 3 is D'Anna.

The dying leader will know the truth of the opera house (Rosyln)

The missing 3 will give you the 5, who have come from the house of the 13th (D'Anna, the Final 5 - who she saw in the temple, the opera house is where the 6 and gaius saw the 5 light-people)

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
        Anders definitely seems like the one who has the strongest connection to the other Cylons.
        Respectfully disagree...

Tyrol to Sharon
        Tigh to Six

Comment

-Wait, did Baltar quote Shakespeare in his radio address? I could have sworn I heard something about a mortal coil.
          yes he was quoting Shakespeare

I distinctly recall him saying

''The undiscovered country, from whose bourne no traveler returns'' which is from hamlet at one point

Comment

A harbinger is a forerunner. Kara is the forerunner of death. Perhaps she will "lead them all to their end"

But who are the "them" that the hybrid was referring to? Is it the Final Five, who were meant to shepard the two races together? Is it the 7 models, who kara will somehow imbue with more humanity and bring their race to the point of inevitable deaths instead of resurrection?

Or... does the "end" not equal death, and instead mean an end to the separate races an the BEGINNING of a new race? The death of the endless cycle of war between the two races...

When they made the river styx analogy, I figured this must mean that humans left earth (meaning *us*) after creating the cylons, and religion and scholarly pursuits (greek mythology, etc) got mangled after 5 millenia.

My 2 cents...

Comment

now was that really jupiter? bc if it was... shows over next week
              ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

-theories are great so far... heres mine:

-we may have a while for d'anna to recognize the 5 bc... who knows if they could just throw in and say- well the boxing fraked with her memory... plus yes she knows who tigh is... but whos to say that her particular model ever met the other 3? she may know what they look like and now anders and the rest may just be advised to steer clear...

-i do like the idea that tigh is kara's father, as mentioned by some1 b4... it would explain the visions and her connection to it all. plus tigh is the appropriate age and character to have messed around with some random woman on caprica 1 nite

-this theory is 2 part... some1 in another thread listed the cylons in order. from caval being a 1 to sharon as an 8... that order seems to increase in just how human they are and act (kinda like 5th in the replicators on sg1)... but no matter what they are still flawed and hold jealousy's... anders i think is the most human of all of them so far.
                --now having said that -in my opinion... roslin is not the dieing leader. that would be too much of a not suprise w/o a real twist. i really do think its gonna end up being Lee. hes no in a gov position, and as soon as roslin kicks it, could easily end up coming into office. -

--(crazy no basis theory time)--perhaps its not a slow death as we are made to assume, but maybe he's simple just shot.- we see kara slipping away from anders, and his actions with felix just show hard hes trying to hold onto her, and how lopsided his feelings are. when all is revealed i think kara flips to lee and drops anders bc he's a cylon. -perhaps the dieing leader is lee, but is taken out over just love/jealousy by anders at the end.

-but thats just my opinion, i could be wrong...
                ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by m57lyra View Post
                  A harbinger is a forerunner. Kara is the forerunner of death. Perhaps she will "lead them all to their end"

But who are the "them" that the hybrid was referring to? Is it the Final Five, who were meant to shepard the two races together? Is it the 7 models, who kara will somehow imbue with more humanity and bring their race to the point of inevitable deaths instead of resurrection?

Or... does the "end" not equal death, and instead mean an end to the separate races an the BEGINNING of a new race? The death of the endless cycle of war between the two races...
                  Well, like a lot of prophecies, it's pretty vague. But the First Hybrid was a bit more specific in Razor:
                  Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end. She is the herald of the apocalypse, the harbinger of death. They must not follow her.

And I also agree that "death" could be an allegory for a lot of different things. But I still think it's strange that nobody (in the show) seemed to be worried about that statement. Well, Kara seemed to be taken aback for a second, but after that, it was just "Let's go find Deanna" and everyone seemed to ignore a pretty powerful statement. Hopefully RDM will talk about this in the podcast, if not come back to that line in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by fatarse View Post
                    What's the possibility of earth not populated with humans? And bam, hera and nick becomes adam & eve
                    That's the theory I've been toying with for a while... Humans and Cylons make it to Earth but wipe each other out and somehow Nick & Hera are the only ones left and repopulate the Earth as Adam & Eve... Glad I wasn't the only one thinking of this.

Think of it as a sci-fi version of Blue Lagoon...
                    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Bicyclist View Post
                      Well, like a lot of prophecies, it's pretty vague. But the First Hybrid was a bit more specific in Razor:
                      Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end. She is the herald of the apocalypse, the harbinger of death. They must not follow her.

And I also agree that "death" could be an allegory for a lot of different things. But I still think it's strange that nobody (in the show) seemed to be worried about that statement. Well, Kara seemed to be taken aback for a second, but after that, it was just "Let's go find Deanna" and everyone seemed to ignore a pretty powerful statement. Hopefully RDM will talk about this in the podcast, if not come back to that line in the show.
                      Actually, I think the more relavent question is who is really human? My theory is that none of the characters we currently know are human, but are cylons (or the descendants of their equivelant of cylons) from the last cycle, and that the "humans" referred to were the Earthlings, soon to be destroyed as the RTF leads the current Cylons to them.

Of course, that was my theory until we found out (or the Hybrid suggested) that the final 5 were from Earth.

Either way, until it's established *who* are human (we just assume the Colonials are), we cannot know who the Hybrid was referring to.

Comment

As everything I would say has already been previously stated, all I'm going to say is:

Tory, Tigh, Anders, and Chief better come out of the closet soon, or I'm going to become very sick of their story. All I ever hear from their side is whine whine whine whine whine, oh I'm a cylon, boo hoo, woe is me; it's getting very tiring, very repetitive, very stupid. I liked Anders' development this time around, but geeze, drag it on much?

The lack of Jesus Baltar in this episode probably pleased me the most. Down with Jesus Baltar, more final cylon revealing. (If it's Dee, I will fall off my chair laughing during that episode.)

Playing the cancer card a third time, now, didn't please me; sure, the scene was well played, but we went through all of this before. We've seen the pasty white, I'm about to die Roslin beforehand, and in reality, I'm sick of it too. =( She got my pity once, but twice is pushing it.

Loveboat Galactica is nonexistent at the moment! Good thing? Bad thing? I don't know yet. I still want proper closure on Apollo/Kara, if they're done or if they're continued (considering their last scene together), and I'm going to say that Anders is going nutso over him being a cylon so he has no time for Loveboat. Tory is already all over Baltar, so she's on my "no thank you" list, Adama is obviously <333 with Roslin, Tigh is most def. with that Six in my books, Chief is going waaaay too crazy about Cally to be an elective...blah blah...>_>;;

Helo development! <3
                        Leoben is finally important again! <3
                        We may ACTUALLY get rid of Roslin this time! :O

I'm done. XD

Next episode looks interesting. Any speculations?

Comment

the 'the missing 3 will give you five' means that d'anna knows who the other 5 are. and if they can 'rescue' her and unbox her (i'm gonna presume that they need to infiltrate cavil's groups to do so) then they can find out who the five are.

and, i'm guessing, once those 5 see each other and know who each other are, something in their programming will click and they'll know how to get to earth
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i just remembered a point.
                            Originally posted by battlestarwiki
                            # After sensing something strange one time too many, Tyrol leaves the harvest camp and begins a trek to a mountainous area. He discovers a door--not a naturally-carved one, but a rectangular door, apparently constructed by human hands.
                            # Tyrol enters the door and walks through a passageway into an immensely large domed room, carved from within the mountain. In the center of the room is a center spire that reaches high into the structure. The spire is surrounded by five pentagonal obelisks. The center spire has ancient tribal carvings at the bottom, as well as illuminated crystalline pillars atop it. Tyrol, the son of a priest and an oracle, has a fair idea of what he has discovered: The Temple of Five.
                            Did Galen remember the temple's location? or is it something else. One point I am confused on is that human cylons age like humans do. Tigh has lived a long life inside the colonial fleet. How can 3 of the 4 been younger than 40 while still being cylon's without resurrection tanks? The only answer I can think of is that Anders, Galen, and tori are in fact hybrids. Tigh and possibly the mystery cylon are the only ones with direct memories.
                            Last edited by peragrin; 12 May 2008, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Ooh ooh... has anyone mentioned that this was the first time in the series that we've seen a FTL jump from the cockpit's perspective? I was wondering when we were gonna see that!
                              sigpic

Comment

Oooh good point about the FTL jump.

Continuing on the four of five theme running rampant in my head.

Four of the final five cylons were activated when they arrived in the ionian Nebula. The Temple of Five was a pointer for that nebula. Someone is going to have to go back to the nebula and figure out which way to go next.

So the final five know the way to Earth. The ionian nebula pointed the way. Maybe Kara's purpose is to take them back to the nebula to find the way there?
                                Last edited by peragrin; 12 May 2008, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X