• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
    much Better Battle Scene Than Razor!!!!
    it worked cause we knew it was open season on the civilians
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Personal gripe. Why does Baltar aways get the harem willing to kill for him?

Starbuck isn't cylon, but I do wonder if she got thrown through a wormhole? From One gas giant to a neabula? That could be how that particular nebula was formed by gas that has been dragged through that wormhole. Why it wraps around earth and back again is a mystery. Or maybe it's the Jupiter's storm spot. Maybe the three places(perhaps more) are linked. She could get gun camera footage of earth, and then got sucked out to where all the gas goes (nebula).

Why did she get a shiny new fighter, was gone for 2 months/6 hours? If she is a copy does she still have her ovaries, various broken bones that the old Kara had? Doc's medical exam wasn't very good if it didn't mention that stuff. X-rays would have detected most of it.

Comment

Starbuck went through the Stargate to reach Earth!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by turtlesstartedit View Post
          Did anyone notice...

That some of four "new" cyclons talked to Boomer and she didn't seem to notice anything about them? If the Chief is really a Cylon, that means there was a little Cylon-on-Cylon action during season 1 when the Chief and Boomer were hot and heavy for each other. It also brings a new sense of humor to the episode when the Chief is confiding in the (at that time unrevealed Cylon) Cavil character and Cavil states something like, "I know you're not a Cylon, because I am and I haven't seen you at any of our meetings."

That when the #6 that is in Baltar's head appeared this time, no "Cylon music" preceded her appearance? Every time he had a vision of her, there was no music. Oversight on the producers' parts, or does it mean something? (I kinda miss the music, it was a little creepy.)
          I'm wondering the same thing, if 6 can detect the final 5 why couldn't Boomer? Maybe she can't because she is not thinking about them / searching for them like the 6's are?
          z

Comment

pooor pixis .....

love the return of funny baltar

Comment

lol next week is gonna be fun. caval is gonna find out what results from him lobotomizing the raiders. hehehe

Comment

About Laura being the final Cylon...I'm kind of torn on that. Does the dying leader that leads the remnant of humanity to Earth necessarily have to be human? I know it's definitely implied, but has it been implicitedly stated somewhere?

I guess it ties in to how the final five are different from the rest of the Cylons. Do they have the same destruction of humanity MO, how did the Cylons evolve, where does the Cylon God fit in? Why are the other Cylons programmed to avoid thinking about them? Is there another intelligence at work, and if so, what does it/they want?

Comment

I was amazed by the battle scenes. They were so gorgeous in HD.

Comment

Awesome ep.
                    Intense battle scene.
                    Excellent opener.
                    and finally baltar gets a haircut and shaved his face !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Great Episode overall. I think the Baltar story-line kinda dragged and was the only slow part of the episode. The ep began strong and ended strong. It was a solid good opener, but not the best Season premiere, imo.
                      Agreed.

Scattered will always be my fav. I think I even liked season 2's better, but I wasn't expecting a whole lot from this episode so I didn't come away disappointed. It served its purpose as a setup episode to get the season rolling.

Wow. They knocked off another 600 just like that. At least that interesting looking ship survived ...for now....

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
                      He wasnt giving them lobotomies to find any answers he was doing it so they would over ride their base program and attack the fleet even though the raiders all knew that the final 5 are in the fleet and as such they can't attack the fleet because there is a chance that they would kill the final 5 which is against their programming. That's what cavil is trying to do, by-pass that programming by lobotomizing them.
                      That's what I'm thinking too. Next week's episode looks like a good one. Dammit! We have to wait a week.

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                      If she is a copy does she still have her ovaries, various broken bones that the old Kara had? Doc's medical exam wasn't very good if it didn't mention that stuff. X-rays would have detected most of it.
                      If she is a copy, Simon knows about the broken fingers etc. I'd wager Leoben knows about the fingers as well...if she is a copy sent by the group of known seven Cylons. They aren't going to mess up those details.

But.....I don't think she is some kind of copy and definitely do not think she is a Cylon or has been one from the beginning. She is the real deal, imo. Human through and through. *crosses fingers that that is true* I'll just go along for the ride on how they explain what happened to her rather than try to guess.

As far as Kara going after Laura at the end...Is pointing a gun at Laura going to make her change her mind and reverse her suspicions? No way, but Kara has always been impulsive and irrational at times. She has really seen earth and just can't believe that the fleet is jumping away from their destination.

*whines* Do we need a fifth and final Cylon? I don't want any of the other major characters to be revealed as one. If there has to be a fifth, make it Dee.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Starbuck went through the Stargate to reach Earth!

I thought it was a cool season premiere. the battle scenes were awesome and the story interesting. didn't like the Baltar storyline though, those people remind me too much of the telepaths in s5 of B5 (btw that was Leela Savasta right? ). anyway once again someone tries to kill him and he survives. no surprise imo. good to know how Kara feels about Cylon husbands LOL I thought it was interesting that Lee mentioned Zak, especially since some people suggested he might be the final Cylon. I guess Kara will convince Roslin and the fleet will head back to the nebula. looking forward to the next ep!
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Bloody brilliant *******s with an evil cliffhanger.

No body does it better. Simply the best television around.

QM

Comment

great show, great episode
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I think Laura's role as dying leader pulls her from the running. She's suposed to be the dying leader who will take the humans to Earth. PRetty much implies she's Human herself. Plus it'd be a big cope out.

I also don't see her living past the middle of the season.

Then again.. "dying leader". I wonder jsut how bad Starbucks headaches are gonna get....
                              Spoiler:
                              Nah. She's going to die, but it'll be in the last four episodes of the series. My bet anyway.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              i rewatched the ep right before pixis goes up you hear seelix call sam "hardball" and sam calls seellix "longshot"
                              Love it! I have to go re-watch in a few minutes. Didn't Seelix had trouble scoring on the pyramid game in the bar?
                              Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                              As far as Kara going after Laura at the end...Is pointing a gun at Laura going to make her change her mind and reverse her suspicions? No way, but Kara has always been impulsive and irrational at times. She has really seen earth and just can't believe that the fleet is jumping away from their destination.
                              Someone else in the thread mentioned this idea (can't remember who), but I agree with it.
                              Spoiler:
                              Starbuck will do an Athena, flip the gun around and hand it to the president, HOWEVER, guessing from the commercials Roslin is going to hold the gun on Starbuck. But she won't of shoot of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                [SPOILERS]Someone else in the thread mentioned this idea (can't remember who), but I agree with it.
                                Spoiler:
                                Starbuck will do an Athena, flip the gun around and hand it to the president, HOWEVER, guessing from the commercials Roslin is going to hold the gun on Starbuck. But she won't of shoot of course.
                                I thought about that moment but they have already done that in the show.

speculation talk about the speculation talk......
                                Spoiler:
                                I suppose Starbuck could repeat it, but it doesn't make as much sense since Boomer had been programmed to kill Adama and tried to carry out the deed. Same can't be said for Kara. It loses its impact, imo, and don't think that RDM would pull a repeat.

I could be wrong, but it just wouldn't carry as much weight as the original if played out in the same manner....so I kinda hope that's not where they are going with it.

On another note, I hope Conner...the dude from Stargate: Atlantis...isn't dead after the way that woman was beating the *bleep* out of him. I liked seeing him pop up last season even if he didn't have all that much to do (except bar tend) after Collaborators, but he was a familiar face.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X