My question(s) + thoughts on the show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now I have a second problem.

I purchased 2.5 used, and the previous owner accidentally left the the second and third disks in opposite cases. I didn't realize this until now.

I just finished watching the last episode on disc three, in effect, the last episode of the second season. And I have yet to watch disc 2.

As for the person who I accidentally found out to be a Cylon, I'm not surprised. Them being "found" seemed a little convenient.
    Last edited by Gen. Chris; 20 December 2011, 10:22 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Just received season 4.5.

I stopped watching for a bit...Finding out that I had skipped an entire disc kind of ruined it for me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        Just received season 4.5.

I stopped watching for a bit...Finding out that I had skipped an entire disc kind of ruined it for me.
        I had that with DS9, I was at season five, and accidentally watched the season six finale, man I was really pissed and ruined everything for me! Still, I love this show!
        sigpic

Comment

Well I'm back to watching...Thoughts:

Revelation on four of the hidden Cylons: My face---->

Is Gaius supposed to be sort of a Jesus figure?

And I keep getting distracted...I need to stay completely focused...
          sigpic

Comment

Revelation on four of the hidden Cylons: My face---->
            Loved that finale.

Fun story from a few episodes previous: Adama, in his grief smashing his model ship? Yeah, that is (was) an actual model ship worth some ridiculous amount of money on loan from a local museum. And when EJO smashed it, it wasn't in the script--it was completely ad-libbed. EJO didn't know its value, and the people who did were pretty much crapping their pants when they saw him destroy it
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Loved that finale.

Fun story from a few episodes previous: Adama, in his grief smashing his model ship? Yeah, that is (was) an actual model ship worth some ridiculous amount of money on loan from a local museum. And when EJO smashed it, it wasn't in the script--it was completely ad-libbed. EJO didn't know its value, and the people who did were pretty much crapping their pants when they saw him destroy it

Lol, and then later on when Saul and Adama fought it got broken again. "Do you know how many times I have had to repair that?"
              sigpic

Comment

Geez that mutiny was bloody...87 people killed or died otherwise throughout the two episode arc. Such an unnecessary loss. Glad to see that

Spoiler:
                Gaeta and Zarek got killed off
                sigpic

Comment

Lol at the "vanity card" animations at the end of each episode. The one I just watched had Edward James Olmos coming in and punching one of them and asking "Where's my check?!" *handed the check* "Gracias"
                  sigpic

Comment

Daybreak...Wow.

Mind is blown.
                    sigpic

Comment

Geez that mutiny was bloody...87 people killed or died otherwise throughout the two episode arc. Such an unnecessary loss. Glad to see that

Spoiler:
                      Gaeta and Zarek got killed off
                      Those two episodes are the new benchmark by which any mutiny story should be done, IMO.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Okay, so...Lasting thoughts on the show as I think of them.

-Apollo's "fat" period. Lol. "Get your fat ass out of here". I found it amusing that between two episodes he was back to his old self, it seems.
                        -Thrace...What the hell?
                        sigpic

Comment

-Apollo's "fat" period. Lol. "Get your fat ass out of here". I found it amusing that between two episodes he was back to his old self, it seems.
                          Yeah, but it was a longer stretch of time than just a couple of weeks. After the rapid-fire, one-after-the-other of Occupation through Collaborators, it's easy to get that impression, but it slows down considerably afterward. The gap from Collaborators to Torn is nearly two months. And then from part two of that, A Measure of Salvation, another three months pass between that and Hero.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Ti...on_3_%28RDM%29

-Thrace...What the hell?
                          Ah, the subject of much debate, consternation, and outright derp.

My take on it is that Kara as we knew her did indeed die in the storm; the Kara that guided the fleet was an angel like Head Six and Head Baltar, but more hands-on.

Some more fun Starbuck food for thought: Kara had to come to terms with her relationship with her mother in order to move from one step of her journey to the next--from frak-up ordinary human to angel/instrument of god that led humanity to Earth 1. Then she had to come to terms with her relationship with her father to lead them all to Earth 2 and complete her journey.

And in absolute trippy-ness, it comes up earlier on in the series (I forget when, precisely) that FTL coordinates are able to function as a jump from point A to point B because the point of origin is part of the calculations. So if you stop to think about it, the FTL numbers that Kara deduced from the Music which took them to Earth could only have taken them to Earth by starting at the Cylon Colony as it was in the process of being destroyed/consumed by the black hole.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Yeah, but it was a longer stretch of time than just a couple of weeks. After the rapid-fire, one-after-the-other of Occupation through Collaborators, it's easy to get that impression, but it slows down considerably afterward. The gap from Collaborators to Torn is nearly two months. And then from part two of that, A Measure of Salvation, another three months pass between that and Hero.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Ti...on_3_%28RDM%29

Ah, the subject of much debate, consternation, and outright derp.

My take on it is that Kara as we knew her did indeed die in the storm; the Kara that guided the fleet was an angel like Head Six and Head Baltar, but more hands-on.

Some more fun Starbuck food for thought: Kara had to come to terms with her relationship with her mother in order to move from one step of her journey to the next--from frak-up ordinary human to angel/instrument of god that led humanity to Earth 1. Then she had to come to terms with her relationship with her father to lead them all to Earth 2 and complete her journey.

And in absolute trippy-ness, it comes up earlier on in the series (I forget when, precisely) that FTL coordinates are able to function as a jump from point A to point B because the point of origin is part of the calculations. So if you stop to think about it, the FTL numbers that Kara deduced from the Music which took them to Earth could only have taken them to Earth by starting at the Cylon Colony as it was in the process of being destroyed/consumed by the black hole.
                            Oh I know it was at least a few months...I just wanted to see a transition. But whatever.

And I don't want to think about it anymore...Lol. I'm mad though cause she didn't get to live off the fruits of what she...well...died for.
                            sigpic

Comment

There must be some way out of here....

Loved that version of the song. Hope your accidental revelations didn't ruin it for you. This is easily the best series ever on TV.
                              sigpic
                              Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                                There must be some way out of here....

Loved that version of the song. Hope your accidental revelations didn't ruin it for you. This is easily the best series ever on TV.
                                Well, the spoiler happened to be
                                Spoiler:
                                Ellen being a Cylon. While this ruined the Final of the Final Five, if I had accidentally found out someone else, say, Saul, then when he started freaking out, I would have realized the others were one too. But that was a shock.

As for the song, I love Bear McCreary's version....It's awesome.

And the ending about the series being
                                Spoiler:
                                150,000 years in the past
                                was also a big surprise.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X