Anyone on a Re-Watch mood here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
    would you watch caprica first or would you not watch it at all?
    I've never seen the old ones and not galactica 1980 are they watchable? I'm not sure always wanted to try them though
    I would just stick to BSG first. I don't think you have to watch Caprica first, but if there's a majority that wants to i'm in on that too.

I watched the old BSG when i was younger and have caught a few reruns on retro tv channel, but i don't own the original show. It was good tv for the time, but imo i like the new BSG. I like the dark-drama feel of the new one but that's just me. Plus I love the soundtrack by Bear and the special effects. FYI (for those who don't already know): Bear is releasing piano solo videos on YouTube from the BSG soundtrack. Check them out if you love his music!!

Comment

I have caught a couple of episodes of the old BSG when i was younger.... my dad was a fan of it i dont know if he would have liked the re-make or not but im with Digi the original was so cheesy

after how bad i thought the original was im pleasantly suprised that even checked out the RDM version
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
        I honestly don't understand what cheesy means in this context, and I really don't think it's such a bad thing.
        It means the perspective of such a term changes as societies preferences of entertainment changes
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I've never seen the old ones and not galactica 1980 are they watchable?
          This thread is a pretty good microcosm of the opinions at large. Some people swear by old BSG, others scoff at it.

But even the ones who swear by it (generally) refuse to acknowledge Galactica 1980 as anything other than crap.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            This thread is a pretty good microcosm of the opinions at large. Some people swear by old BSG, others scoff at it.

But even the ones who swear by it (generally) refuse to acknowledge Galactica 1980 as anything other than crap.
            Oh, it is crap. It's more than likely the inspiration for the human cylons but other than that, I don't remember any other parts of it being used for the new series. It only lasted like 10 episodes so the highlights are basically time travel, super powered kids, flying motor bikes, an episode about farming, microwaves able to disable Cylons and Starbuck.. The episode about Starbuck wasn't too bad.

sigpic

Comment

I already started my BSG rewatch. They're showing episodes every Saturday on BBCA I'm currently on season 2 episode 13 when Roslin collapses from the cancer, after the whole Ressurection Ship debacle.
              My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                I seriously don't have any frak of what you are talking about.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I have way too many rewatches right now to join in, even in December! Though I plan on my own rewatch at some point.
                  I am almost finished the 4400 (though it's actually my first time watching).
                  Working on X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and I'm picking up my Highlander series DVDs this weekend from my sisters. Which I hope is as cheesy and awesome as I remember.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Actually I have to postpone it as well... or I do it really quick during christmas time. This or rewatching all six Star Wars movies... or both, if I got the time , its been a long time since Ive seen Star Wars but I wait because I hope we finally get a bluray player christmas... I would only buy Star Wars again on bluray... the others I would not care... well maybe LOST at some point and SG:U.. but thats it
                    sigpic

Comment

I rewatch BSG like once a year.
                      Last year I bought the Blurays (next to the DVDs) for season 1 till 3 that I rewatched. Last xmass I also got season 4 on BluRay which gives me a good excuse to do an entire re-watch again
                      sigpic

Me @ Livejournal, Youtube, Tumblr Deviant-art and my band: Alantia

Comment

Yeah.. I bumped my BSG Re-watch after my exams in early february, then Ill have two month for my BSG/Chuck/How I Met Your Mother Re-Watch.. its gonna be great
                        sigpic

Comment

Im moving it forward till Jan/early Feb since then Ill be in Finland for my internship.
                          Since Ill be frozen if I go outside Ill stay inside and do a BSG rewatch
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nanouk View Post
                            Im moving it forward till Jan/early Feb since then Ill be in Finland for my internship.
                            Since Ill be frozen if I go outside Ill stay inside and do a BSG rewatch
                            Then we can watch ist together more or less anyway.. I'll watch caprica after I watch BSG, although its a prequel, I like the airing order not the storyline order...
                            sigpic

Comment

Then we can watch ist together more or less anyway.. I'll watch caprica after I watch BSG, although its a prequel, I like the airing order not the storyline order...
                              I agree, I watch Caprica after BSG also. And I've never watched Caprica in a row.... (watched it on tv so every week 1 eo) so that will be new
                              sigpic

Comment

So is there gonna be a rewatch? Jan/Feb is great! Just keep me posted. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X