Humans of Earth (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humans of Earth (spoilers)

I was thinking about the humans on Earth2 in the final episode. One of them suggested that genetically compatible humans evolved on another planet a million light years from the colonies. The main plot of BSG is the cycle of time happens over and over and over. This lead me to the theory that the super primitive humans on Earth2 are survivors of a previous cycle, forgotten by the survivors on Kobol.

Or it could have happened even farther back, hundreds of cycles ago. What we saw on the show was just Kobol > 13 Colonies > Earth2 We dont know how far they advanced every cycle, at one point Earth2 and Kobol could have been colonies of an even earlier homeworld. And on and on and on back to the first life in the universe.

Civ1>colonies>boom>Civ2>colonies>boom>Civ3>etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc >Kobol>13 colonies>boom>Earth2

What do you think? Are there other ruined worlds of humans and variations of cylons out there? Maybe some still inhabited? I kinda think one of the first civilizations would have covered many galaxies before its fall, but thats just my 2 cents. Who knows, maybe the Redstripe Centurions have spent the last 150,000 years exploring the universe and recearching history?

Another thing to think about: How a song played by one of the final 5 thousands of years before the start of the series ended up being spatial coordinates for a planet where human's naturally evolved on there own? None of the final 5 had no previous knowledge of this planet yet, a song one of them played led them right to it.

Comment

Maybe the angels/head people influenced the notes knowing where earth would be at the necessary time? Idk. I kinda always pegged them as being somewhere between Q on startrek and the ascended ancients on stargate, if they wanted something done they got the power to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
        I was thinking about the humans on Earth2 in the final episode. One of them suggested that genetically compatible humans evolved on another planet a million light years from the colonies. The main plot of BSG is the cycle of time happens over and over and over. This lead me to the theory that the super primitive humans on Earth2 are survivors of a previous cycle, forgotten by the survivors on Kobol.

Or it could have happened even farther back, hundreds of cycles ago. What we saw on the show was just Kobol > 13 Colonies > Earth2 We dont know how far they advanced every cycle, at one point Earth2 and Kobol could have been colonies of an even earlier homeworld. And on and on and on back to the first life in the universe.

Civ1>colonies>boom>Civ2>colonies>boom>Civ3>etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc >Kobol>13 colonies>boom>Earth2

What do you think? Are there other ruined worlds of humans and variations of cylons out there? Maybe some still inhabited? I kinda think one of the first civilizations would have covered many galaxies before its fall, but thats just my 2 cents. Who knows, maybe the Redstripe Centurions have spent the last 150,000 years exploring the universe and recearching history?
        This is exactly what I think has been happening. That is why all the talk Lee was talking about the whole cycle stopping with them was just inefficacious. The cycle will just continue over and over except this time, the inhabitants are not human or cylon, but a mixture of the two. That's my take on this...

Comment

Working...
        X