Just finished watching BSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    Exactly! After finishing with it, I wanted to start over from the start. Shows how much I loved BSG. One night had some spare time and re-watched the miniseries. Actually, wanted to watch about half an hour or so, but couldn't stop anymore.
    once you get drawn in..... you really get DRAWN IN and there is no way to stop!
    sigpic

Comment

I tried watching it out of order on telly... it didn't really get into it. After I started watching on DVD... I just couldn't get enough.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I got hooked on BSG about 30 seconds into the miniseries and I watched every episode as it aired and then bought the DVD's as soon as they came out at the end of the season. I started each new season by rewatching the previous season(s), starting with the miniseries each time.

I have the entire series now, and it is the only TV series I own. I haven't seen anything else even close to this good, and find that I watch less TV now than I did before BSG. Damn you Ron Moore! Why did you have to make a series so frakkin' good that everything else seems like pointless drivel?!

Spoiler:
        "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
        ---Bill Adama

Comment

This evening, my wife's journey through BSG was completed. She was crying towards the end, and could not believe the last revelation. She loved the way everything came together, but was sad to see it actually end.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've been watching the series over the last few weeks when I received my complete box set. I've currently seen the mini series, seasons 1-3, Razor, and the first two eps of season 4.

I'm sad to say that I think the series has seriously declined in quality after season 2 which is its best. I find it has gotten too messy and I feel like it is too narrow in its focus... there are so many questions left unanswered, especially in comparison to Stargate Universe which is a lot more similar in terms of a group of peoplel trapped on a ship.

I feel like BSG becomes too contrived with the way everything is run and orchestrated, how you still have a large amount of press, they rarely seem to have issues with supplies...

Comment

I recently finished as well. When I completed the final episode, I attempted to watch another show, and I failed. Now that I have watched BSG I can't watch anything else. It's one of those shows that you feel so connected to that you can't let go at the end.

Don't get me wrong, I love Stargate and Farscape and so on, but BSG is the only show that makes me stay up late just to watch an episode that I've already seen over again. I could watch this series over and over and never be sick of it.

I love BSG.

Comment

Originally posted by eastwood View Post
                I recently finished as well. When I completed the final episode, I attempted to watch another show, and I failed. Now that I have watched BSG I can't watch anything else. It's one of those shows that you feel so connected to that you can't let go at the end.

Don't get me wrong, I love Stargate and Farscape and so on, but BSG is the only show that makes me stay up late just to watch an episode that I've already seen over again. I could watch this series over and over and never be sick of it.

I love BSG.
                That's because, although of all their flaws in the last season (which I'd live with, quite good), it's a great show!

One of those I really loved (and I can count those on the fingers of one hand).

— I enjoyed Caprica after BSG, it gave me a more complete story! —
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                  That's because, although of all their flaws in the last season (which I'd live with, quite good), it's a great show!

One of those I really loved (and I can count those on the fingers of one hand).

— I enjoyed Caprica after BSG, it gave me a more complete story! —
                  I have to agree with you. Even with some miss-steps, BSG is a great show!

I haven't watched Caprica yet, but I look forward to doing so.

Comment

BSG is my favorite genre show by quite some margin. But it's tough to watch sometimes and I for one am relieved that there's some "fluff" such as SG-1 and SGA to watch when it all gets too much. But it was brilliantly done for the most part. Even "bad" BSG is better than most other stuff currently on the air.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X