Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well i finally got to the end.......... Phew...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i finally got to the end.......... Phew...

Well I finally finished the series....... Season 4 took longer to go through as I had other things to do but finally got to the end. I found it very uneven in parts...... Best parts Gaeta's rebellion and that was full of tension and drama.

All the wishy washy Cylon stuff annoyed me..... If they're machines why are they in human bodies blah blah blah........ They're really clones if you ask me with the ability to control organic based technology, which is what I assume the ship and all it's controls are based on...... I found their bickering annoying to the nth degree.

As for the ending I liked that. With one niggle... Was Kara an angel thingy like Baltar's funny woman 6, only that everyone could see and hear her and all? And why did the two angels appear in modern USA? What did Baltar mean by "god doesn't like to be called that?"

I think for me season 1 and 2 were my favourites.

Oh and where did Adama ditch his Raptor when Roslin died?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Well I finally finished the series....... Season 4 took longer to go through as I had other things to do but finally got to the end. I found it very uneven in parts...... Best parts Gaeta's rebellion and that was full of tension and drama.
    The Gaeta/Zarek rebellion were two of the finest episodes in the entire series, IMO.

All the wishy washy Cylon stuff annoyed me..... If they're machines why are they in human bodies blah blah blah........ They're really clones if you ask me with the ability to control organic based technology, which is what I assume the ship and all it's controls are based on...... I found their bickering annoying to the nth degree.
    Not really following you here....

As for the ending I liked that. With one niggle... Was Kara an angel thingy like Baltar's funny woman 6, only that everyone could see and hear her and all?
    It's certainly a subject for debate, but that's absolutely what I believe.

And why did the two angels appear in modern USA?
    Um....to place the series in the past and question the implications of technological development outstripping moral/spiritual development.

What did Baltar mean by "god doesn't like to be called that?"
    A little unclear, but I believe it was a reference to the scripture that was quoted when they discovered the Temple of Five in season 3: "the five priests to the one who shall not be named."

Oh and where did Adama ditch his Raptor when Roslin died?
    Off-camera
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Not really following you here....

The constant bickering between the cylons annoyed me..... To my way of thinking they were really clones of the same core members of their race with the added ability to control the ship and their machines via touch as they were organic technology..... Dean Stockwell great actor but his character I found most annoying of all.

I do wonder if the big robots have squishy brain bits inside like the raiders.

It's certainly a subject for debate, but that's absolutely what I believe.

I kind of agree..... She was there for a while to get them to Earth, Our Earth then left when her job was done.

Um....to place the series in the past and question the implications of technological development outstripping moral/spiritual development.

I got all that just found them there funny.

Off-camera

I wonder........ And all those other gorups who had them. I guess they could have programmed them to go into the sun too.

I did like that bit at the end mentioning that "eve" woman that they actually did find in Africa....... That could have been Roslyn LOL Nice way of tying the story to the real world.

Comment

Mitochondrial Eve is Hera

I kind of agree..... She was there for a while to get them to Earth, Our Earth then left when her job was done.
        And here's something else to chew on: Kara had to make peace with the major stumbling block in her life, her mother, in order to find the clarity that would lead the fleet to Original Earth. And then she had to make peace with the other, her father, in order to lead the fleet to our Earth.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Mitochondrial Eve is Hera

And here's something else to chew on: Kara had to make peace with the major stumbling block in her life, her mother, in order to find the clarity that would lead the fleet to Original Earth. And then she had to make peace with the other, her father, in order to lead the fleet to our Earth.

Oh hell who was her mother?

Comment

Oh hell who was her mother?
            http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Socrata_Thrace
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Something else I wonder... Who and when named our world Earth?

For instance our world..... We call it Earth but where in history was that name first given to our planet, for all we know it could be called floppyalamatosis for all we knew.....

Who was the first person to name our world Earth? In the real world?

Comment

Bill Adama, in the "Earth is a dream" conversation with Roslin.

Comment

For instance our world..... We call it Earth but where in history was that name first given to our planet, for all we know it could be called floppyalamatosis for all we knew.....

good question i have never thought about it before does anyone know.
                  sigpic
                  The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Keep up.
                    Bill Adama, in the "Earth is a dream" conversation with Roslin.

Comment

bsg earth name
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7dwOMjpaSc

as for the real real world,
                      http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/...its-name-0428/

The answer is, we don't know. The name "Earth" is derived from both English and German words, 'eor(th)e/ertha' and 'erde', respectively, which mean ground. But, the handle's creator is unknown. One interesting fact about its name: Earth is the only planet that wasn't named after a Greek or Roman god or goddess. For example, Saturn was named after the Roman god of agriculture, and Jupiter's name comes from the King of the Roman gods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7dwOMjpaSc

Comment

What did Baltar mean by "god doesn't like to be called that?"
                        Heh. I considered it to be a bit of breaking the 4th wall and referring to RDM.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                          Heh. I considered it to be a bit of breaking the 4th wall and referring to RDM.
                          Hehe that's possible I like that ........

And who knows maybe RDM and all of the writers had a race memory to create this version of the series...... Would make sense wouldn't it?

Comment

A friend and I just finished watching it too! We were annoyed by all the religion and moralising but very impressed with Roslin's nightwear, lol!!

Wouldn't it have been just that little bit fab if Adama had flown his raptor into the side of a mountain right after Laura died though..?

"Because I can't live without her." *SPLAT*

Hey! It was a dark series! lol
                            sigpic
                            "Science flies you to the moon.
                            Religion flies you into buildings."

Comment

Originally posted by Aphelionite View Post
                              A

Wouldn't it have been just that little bit fab if Adama had flown his raptor into the side of a mountain right after Laura died though..?

"Because I can't live without her." *SPLAT*

Hey! It was a dark series! lol
                              i could have lived with that. watching lee running towards the mountian and then showing him on the mound at the end instead of adama.

Comment

Working...
                              X