Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another BSG spin-off

Syfy orders heroes pilot, considers 'Battlestar' spinoff

Exclu: Syfy has greenlighted a pilot that puts a spin on the traditional superhero genre, and also seeks to continue growing its “Battlestar Galactica” empire.

[snip]

http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/syfy-...tlestar-.html?

I'm not sure what to think about this. Sure, Caprica has been a really good show so far, and now they're talking about yet another spin-off that'll go back to BSG's "space opera roots". I'm just not sure how they could pull something like that off without having it feel like BSG 2.0. Still, this is just one interview, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
    sigpic

hell, i ll take all of them... just love the bsg show, and if its any good as caprica or bsg itll do fine.
    sigpic

Comment

well the obvious next move would be to do a cylon war series.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Interesting.

How about Kobol? The BSG finale unequivocally went with "god is real" so there's no reason why a spin-off couldn't incorporate the proverbial garden world where gods and mankind lived together. We could see what the 13th tribe originally looked like, the relationship that drove them out, and the final calamity that caused the 12 tribes to depart.

I'm just brainstorming
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Interesting.

How about Kobol? The BSG finale unequivocally went with "god is real" so there's no reason why a spin-off couldn't incorporate the proverbial garden world where gods and mankind lived together. We could see what the 13th tribe originally looked like, the relationship that drove them out, and the final calamity that caused the 12 tribes to depart.

I'm just brainstorming
          I was very sceptical, but that actually sounds a pretty awesome idea. Can you really see SyFy doing something controversial as to make a show in which there are actual Gods as main characters though?

Comment

Well the Gods of Kobol weren't actual gods since there was the revelation cos there was only one god in the end. However it would be interesting to see how that original Kobol mythology developed. You could certainly do alot based purely on Greek mythology anyway but give it the traditional BSG dramatic twist. Having said that the Greek pantheon of Gods had plenty of drama to go around anyway but it would be interesting to see how these people who were most likely just leaders of Kobol developed into legends and later gods.

Comment

I think a show on the First Cylon War would be very, very cool. Caprica can end with the Cylon uprising just getting underway, and then the next show picks up with the Colonies desperately trying to subdue the robots. I think it'd be very interesting to watch the twelve worlds try and hammer out some sort of coalition government even while attempting to fight off the Cylons on so many fronts, not to mention the coolness factor we could have when the battle shifts to orbit...
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

but if they use the first cylon war as the bases for the new series, which battlestar will they use?? there's only 12 to choose from and it would be boring to use galactica again
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  but if they use the first cylon war as the bases for the new series, which battlestar will they use?? there's only 12 to choose from and it would be boring to use galactica again
                  But would it even matter? All they'd have to do is pick one....
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

But would it even matter? All they'd have to do is pick one....
                    yea, they could use Columbia which did have a dramatic ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trNW6...eature=related
                    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 16 March 2010, 06:28 AM. Reason: link
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      yea, they could use Columbia which did have a dramatic ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trNW6...eature=related
                      Very cool way to go, but I think I'd like to see the ship we follow survive the war.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I'd think it would be fine, so long as they don't call the show Battlestar Columbia

Comment

I'd think it would be fine, so long as they don't call the show Battlestar Columbia
                          How 'bout Columbia 1980?
                          sigpic

Comment

Interesting.

I'm just brainstorming
                            I was gonna post about wanting a series about Kobol, but since you beat me to it, i'll just agree with you
                            sigpic

Comment

They needn't use battlestars at all. I mean Battlestars were created half way through the war as far as we know. On top of that BSG was the millitary based drama really, while caprica is about a scientist and lawyer/gang member.....so if a third spin off were to happen it should focus on say the politics of the 12 colonies during the war, or perhaps maybe make the main character a war correspondant for a colonial news corporation. That way he can be close to the action while still providing a mix between millitary and civilian plots.

Comment

Working...
                              X