No announcement yet.

Anybody here use 'frack' in real life??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to church the other day with my wife and they actually used it in the sermon. Of course they were referring to the process of injecting fluid into a well to fracture rock, but it was still funny to hear a bunch of Evangelical Christians talking about fracking.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I use frak quite often ... more-so than the word that it replaces in BSG
      sigpic
      Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        I went to church the other day with my wife and they actually used it in the sermon. Of course they were referring to the process of injecting fluid into a well to fracture rock, but it was still funny to hear a bunch of Evangelical Christians talking about fracking.
        And let me guess, when you were snickering no one got the joke. Typical...
        Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
        End of line.

Comment

I have tried to use the word "Frell" but it doesn't seem natural. It doesn't have the same punch that Frak has. Don't get me wrong, I love Farscape. But honestly I think that their swear words are (Whats the word I am looking for).... Forced...

Think about it. What sounds more offensive

Frak those frakking frakers

Frell those frelling frellers....

I think frak has more of a punch.
          Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
          End of line.

Comment

i got to use "start your frakking mouth" the other day
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i use it all the time... and then people are like WHAT? and i'm like shut the Frak up.. lol!1 I can't help it. I love the word
              sigpic

Comment

I also use it all the time. Confuses people around me, because they only watch the dubbed versions of BSG and I only watch the original (so I don't know how they translated it *looks up* oh, the substituted it with actual curse words since there are not really restrictions on German TV).
                This heart was like a tardis
                I went and lost the key in a fight

Facebook | Twitter | Livejournal | Last.fm

Comment

lol!!

It's just funny to see people's faces when I go, "Frak you." and they are like what?
                  sigpic

Comment

No idea what originally prompted it but for as far back as I can remember, Ive always used "Frig" or "Friggin."

However, without realizing it my frigs in everyday convo's have mutated to Frak. If that makes any sense at all.

Comment

Yep! Before I starting watching the show too.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Me and the future mrs do all I'm saying
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I dont use it anymore but i use to use it all the time
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I have never used "frack" and I never will...

Farscape's "frell" on the other hand... I use it all the time!
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                              I have never used "frack" and I never will...

Farscape's "frell" on the other hand... I use it all the time!
                              I use both occasionally, usually just around my wife or friends. You know, people who know me and what I like.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Never really used 'frell'. I used to use 'friggin' as a teen.
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X