Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starbuck's Father (Spoilers)

spoilers for daybreak and final season
    with it being revealed that Starbuck was an angel in the finale, it ties up her loose end of the story, but it does not tie up her father and the fact he used to play her the cylon song to her. my theory is this;

is there anything to suggest that her father maybe Cylon # Seven (daniel i think he was called) who was described as being artistic, perhaps he liked to play the piano. also kara's father's sudden disappearence could be explained by cavil's boxing and destruction of number 7. anyone else think this might work?
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

TPTB said they never intended there to be a link between Kara's father and missing Cylon model #7, "Daniel #7" was simple to tie up the loose end of the Cylon model numbers not being correct, "we" the fans made a connection between Kara's father and #7 which wasn't ever there in the writers eyes.

But it would have made a better tie up for Kara than the crap they came up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      TPTB said they never intended there to be a link between Kara's father and missing Cylon model #7, "Daniel #7" was simple to tie up the loose end of the Cylon model numbers not being correct, "we" the fans made a connection between Kara's father and #7 which wasn't ever there in the writers eyes.

But it would have made a better tie up for Kara than the crap they came up with.
      this has already been discussed before? forgive me! i only got the final season a few days ago and watched all the episodes in a small space of time! and i tried searching and found no mention of the connection. but it's hard to search for things like "cylon" and "starbuck" since "7" is too short to search for
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

oh don't worry about going over old ground, it's only old for some of us, others haven't even seen series 4 yet

I'm about to start a rewatch from the mini-series again, cos there's such utter crap on tv at the moment.

Edit - talk about small world, you = Worthing, me = Gatwick, didn't see that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          oh don't worry about going over old ground, it's only old for some of us, others haven't even seen series 4 yet

I'm about to start a rewatch from the mini-series again, cos there's such utter crap on tv at the moment.

Edit - talk about small world, you = Worthing, me = Gatwick, didn't see that before.
          Besides, it isn't like we don't discuss things over and over sometimes anyway.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe Daniel, Shelly Godfrey, and the group of survivors on Caprica will be explained in "The Plan". At least I hope so. It's a great opportunity to answer these questions.
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I doubt it tbh.
              The Plan seems to be the story of "John" loosing the plot.

Comment

an even better question is, how this song that was taught to starbuck by her father ended up being coordinates to a habitable planet with primitive humans on it...

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
                  an even better question is, how this song that was taught to starbuck by her father ended up being coordinates to a habitable planet with primitive humans on it...
                  God did it.

Comment

It seems very likely that her father was an angel for the following reasons:
                    1. He disappeared like angel Starbuck
                    2. He seems to have charecteristics of an angel/headperson
                    3. His song led them to a habitable planet
                    http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

No jenks got it first time, God did it.

LOL.

Comment

and it makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                          Maybe Daniel, Shelly Godfrey, and the group of survivors on Caprica will be explained in "The Plan". At least I hope so. It's a great opportunity to answer these questions.
                          I hope so. I have a lot of questions about the cylons. ESPECIALLY Shelly Godfrey. How did she disappear? And just the general "how were the cylons able to come and go through the fleet so easily after the attacks?" because that happened ..a lot. cylons would just appear and then disappear from the fleet. And I understand what happened to Daniel, but it would be interesting to know more about him. I think I might have missed some of what Cavil said about Daniel's end. Was he terminated before or after the final five were dumped on the colonies? I need a rewatch.

so, that is NOT Kara's father, then? I thought it was possible, but I didn't want to dwell on it. guess it's good that I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            God did it.
                            Believe it or not, this is the answer we're expected to believe.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Believe it or not, this is the answer we're expected to believe.
                              you should read the Final Five ccomic books and you'll find out who the Head characters really are
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X