Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yo! West Coast wake up and watch CSI - Was that a RDM Cameo?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo! West Coast wake up and watch CSI - Was that a RDM Cameo?

About 10 minutes into the episode, there's a video showing the main victim presenting a clip from a reimagined fictional sci-fi series. Immediately after the clip, everyone is silent and then a guy (looking like RDM) yells out 'You suck'. Was that him?
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Actually it IS him and as it turns out Ellen's there as well, although she doesn't sleep with anyone.

Comment

what episode was it and from which of the three CSIs is it
      check my story's:
      Battlestar group 16
      and Under Siege
      and respond at:
      Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
      my newest story:
      TFS Ticonderoga
      and respond at:
      TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

Grace Park and Rekha Sharma did a cameo too.

@ boeli: CSI: Las Vegas "A Space Oddity" (s9ep20)
        So say we all!

Comment

I noticed RDM and Grace Park, too. And my first reaction is to pause the video and come here and see if anyone would post anything.

keke, hilarious spoof of reimagined bsg.

"you suck!"

Comment

Originally posted by cap'n nick View Post
            I noticed RDM and Grace Park, too. And my first reaction is to pause the video and come here and see if anyone would post anything.

keke, hilarious spoof of reimagined bsg.

"you suck!"
            Oh that way caught me off guard. I would have paid cold hard cash to have been there when they shot it. In fact, if I had the choice between being in on the ending of BS:G or that shot, I'd have taken that later.

Comment

The fact that RDM and Kate Vernon would appear in "Space Oddity" has been announced two months ago in TV Guide and on various websites -_-

The only thing that was new to me was the fact that Grace Park also decided to do a cameo.

Regarding the episode - well....that was certainly different. I am not quite sure whether this was more cringe worthy then funny or the other way around. It was a strange episode. What I did like:

- Ron D.Moore and Grace Park doing short cameos as infuriated Trekkies I mean Questers because that guy wanted to re-invent the show and make it grittier and more realistic (ROFL now that was tongue in cheek)
              - at the end of the cold open Hodges says to Brass "He is dead Jim" ^_^
              - Kate Vernon and Lisa Weil (Paris from Gilmore Girls) having roles in it
              - Hodges and Wendy being Trekkies Questers

What didn't work:
              - Hodges fantasy sequences :cringe:
              - trying to copy the style of BSG in that one sequence (handheld cameras)
              - the crime itself was unfortunately very blah

Too bad that they had to invent some scifi show and couldn't use Star Trek of BSG (TOS) for real but I guess they didn't want to piss fans off and some folks will always be offended.
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Completely unrelated, but I think I saw Tahmoh on Law & Order a few nights ago.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

did anyone see the CSI ep written that was written by Bradley Thompson & David Weddle it featured Ronald D. Moore along with Galactica actors Grace Park and Rekha Sharma, make cameo appearances in the 2009 episode "A Space Oddity". (The three appear in a science fiction convention scene, with Moore shouting angrily at a man while Park and Sharma play audience members). Another Galactica alumnus, Kate Vernon, is a major guest star in the same episode. Tricia Helfer also appears as dead model "Ashleigh James" in the 2002 Episode "The_Hunger_Artist"

it's a great ep
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yes I saw it, its a shame Ron was not the one killed.

I only watch it because it was a scifi themed special, it return the favour a stargate Atlantis did a CSI theme episode olast season.

It more accurate to describe it as CSI startrek and than CSI Galactica, all of the inside jokes were startrek, with only the remake of the made up tv really mentioning Galactica in any form, and even that could be more moulded to the new JJ Albram film than Galactica.
                    It a shame there was not anything about starwars in there. Thought they could of snuck one in when they were looking for the camera. They even had the vulcan nerve pinch, the red shirt joke, and there no life here jim, not an exact quote, but it close enough.

Very entertaining episode, through CSI fans are not a fan of the episode, they probably did not get half of the references, which what made this episode fun.

Some the dream sequences were brilliant, reminded me of Star trek original 100%.
                    Liz Vassey looks very nice in the costumes, she has a very nice body. The aliens were surprisingly well done for a tv show which usally does not do them.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 21 April 2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

It more accurate to describe it as CSI startrek and than CSI Galactica, all of the inside jokes were startrek,
                      but it was written by two former bsg writers with 4 people from bsg
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        but it was written by two former bsg writers with 4 people from bsg
                        All the jokes were from star trek, as far as I am concern that take precedence over a fews actors, and a couple of Bsg writers who obviously did not want to or knew how to joke about there own work either as all the jokes were about Star trek. In fact apart from the remake footage there was nothing in it about BSG or even hinted about BSG, as I said even that footage could of been interpreted more as a dig JJ startrek remake than BSG remake, the fans were more Star trek inspired that BSG inspired. To be honest did not even notice there were BSG actors until it was pointed it out to me on this forum.

The made up TV show was just star trek under a different name.
                        It more star trek than BSG, hell they could even bothered to do something like 4 eyes ladies from original or even some cylons lookalike or perhaps some BSG papers with the angle corners. Hell even the room created to look like tv sets were a nod to star trek fans who have done the same thing.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 22 April 2009, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Grace Park was sweet. Her stricken horror face was priceless.

That Episode was like a combined spoof of Star Trek and BSG I think. Spoofing BSG cuz the 2004 reimagining made the characters more real than the first one. The fact that RDM shouted "You Suck" made it all the more funnier and better. And it outright spoofed the Original Series of Star Trek.
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                          X