Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think we would make the same mistakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say if it WAS possible (and i am not a scientist so i don't know if it is) it would happen sometime in the next 50-150 years with the rate our computers have been going in the past 20 years alone.

Comment

Definitely within 100 years. That is my opinion.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

great counter-argument the thread strater makes; very optimistic
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

If humanity actually learned from its mistakes it would no longer have things that are extremely divisive like partisan politics and organized religion.

Comment

Thinking about this now, I still think we have to be very careful what we create. That, and how much power we give our creations.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i think that we have learned enough from movies to make robots sufficiently safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                If humanity actually learned from its mistakes it would no longer have things that are extremely divisive like partisan politics and organized religion.
                I tend to agree. Hence my sig. They may be lines from television, but they are hugely applicable today. I think we already have made/are making the same mistakes.
                "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

I can see us making the same mistakes. It all has to do with the untrustworthiness among the countries. Think about it. Everyone wants to be superior. What measures superiority? Technology. Creating Humans is the ultimate accomplishment as seen in the eyes of a scientist; that is a major milestone trying to be acquired. On the path to such a discovery, mistakes must be made-we are only human. Such mistakes could have overwhelming consequences.
                  I know it may sound farfetched, but I am sure in the future there is a great possibility of this happening.

Comment

Working...
                  X