sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
      Cavil can't have enverything... so sad.
      poor genocidal baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
        poor genocidal baby.

Yes, the Five's first kid and he turns out to be damaged, seeking love and forgiveness that he will never get. So uch for him being a Prince of the Universe.

Prince of Darkness i can understand. He and the rest of the Cylons wiped out humanity with out thought.... well much thought.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, the Five's first kid and he turns out to be damaged, seeking love and forgiveness that he will never get. So uch for him being a Prince of the Universe.

Prince of Darkness i can understand. He and the rest of the Cylons wiped out humanity with out thought.... well much thought.
          One thing I don't think they ever explained either is why his model became basically the leader of all the others. It could be because he was just made first or maybe even just because of his more assertive personality but I don't recall there ever being a reason given.

A bigger problem I always had though is how the skin jobs ended up running things in the first place. The Centurions had just escaped slavery to one race and then they end up enslaved to another, with inhibitor chips planted in their heads to prevent them rebelling again even. I wonder how the skin jobs sold them on that idea. Or was there some explanation involving the final five that I missed.

Comment

One thing I don't think they ever explained either is why his model became basically the leader of all the others. It could be because he was just made first or maybe even just because of his more assertive personality but I don't recall there ever being a reason given.

A bigger problem I always had though is how the skin jobs ended up running things in the first place. The Centurions had just escaped slavery to one race and then they end up enslaved to another, with inhibitor chips planted in their heads to prevent them rebelling again even. I wonder how the skin jobs sold them on that idea. Or was there some explanation involving the final five that I missed.

Cavil was the first once made... since his model is 1.....

I but i think the reason the skin jobs were in control is because they first batch of Cylons were all turned into skin jobs, and then the newer Cylon Centurion became subservient, well mainly that and that inhibitor that they had.
            sigpic

Comment

It was said in season 4 that he helped the Five make the other seven, he was the one responsible for destroying the Daniels, as well as terminating the Five--the Five whom are forbidden knowledge as far as the surviving seven (minus Cavil) believe.

I think it's more than reasonable to assume that he reprogrammed the other models before bringing them all back online.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Proves what a sadist he is...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  It was said in season 4 that he helped the Five make the other seven, he was the one responsible for destroying the Daniels, as well as terminating the Five--the Five whom are forbidden knowledge as far as the surviving seven (minus Cavil) believe.

I think it's more than reasonable to assume that he reprogrammed the other models before bringing them all back online.
                  Yeah so I did miss something then. I remembered that he killed Daniel, but didn't remember all the stuff about him making the others. If he had a hand in their creation then it's likely that, as you say, he just put a few tweeks into their subconscious programming to make them all fear/respect/obey him.

Proves what a sadist he is...
                  He's really one of the most chillingly evil characters I can ever remember seeing in sci-fi. When you actually take the time to examine not only exactly what it is he's done, but his reasons and motives for doing it, you'll find nothing but jealousy viscousness, pride and well, evil.

There's a lot of other characters out there who look and superficially act more evil than him, but even they'll typically have some sort of redeeming feature or sympathetic motive buried somewhere. With him the more you dig the more rotten he gets and yet at the same time he never strays into cheesy muhahahaha evil for evils sake territory. He's frighteningly believable and I think a lot of that's down to Dean Stockwell's awesome performance.

Comment

Oh yeah, he killed a kid, without second thought..... EVIL!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
                      or if the ship that apollo shot down was full of cylons or not.
                      Agreed! I kept waiting for that and we didn't get it.

I agree with what was said above about him being the first and all. But it's also his personality. Some people are just natural leaders and you can drop them in any situation with any group of people and they'll be calling the shots before you know it. I think it's more this than programming for the simple fact that later in the series some models start dissing him. LMFAO
                      “When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
                      ~ Jack Hardy

Comment

this has happen before .....

i loved that line
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Does the Plan actually explain anything? Apart from what was going on in the backround.
                          Tst

Comment

No, it explained some of the disasters that went on inside the fleet during those first few months... aside form that no nothing else.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                              Does the Plan actually explain anything? Apart from what was going on in the backround.
                              It gives you a better sense of why the Cylons attacked the 12 colonies. It doesn't do anything to resolve any of the mysterious angels, head people, starbuck coming back from the dead or "god did it" stuff though.

Comment

It showed Cavil a jilted child... a proverbial middle child that wasn't loved enough.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X