The Scrolls Of Pythia plot hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scrolls Of Pythia plot hole?

If the scrolls of pythia chronicle the passage/journey of the thirteenth tribe from kobal to earth how did the book of Pythia get back to the twelve colonies? The first time that any one from earth has come to the colonies( IE.the final five) was at the end of the first cylon war, but the book of Pythia has been in the colonies since humans first left kobal thousands of years ago. this is a major plot hole in my opinion or is it? ideas, answers? anyone?

The person who wrote the book communicated with a 13th triber via radio or other communication method.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by oldschool k View Post
      The first time that any one from earth has come to the colonies( IE.the final five) was at the end of the first cylon war, but the book of Pythia has been in the colonies since humans first left kobal thousands of years ago. this is a major plot hole in my opinion or is it? ideas, answers? anyone?
      First time that we know of...but there is a connection long before that. The scroll of Pythia dates to 3600 years in the past. We've been told that the destruction and exodus on Kobol and the destruction on Earth occurred at the same time about 2,000 years ago. There might have been communication and/or travel between the two places long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
        First time that we know of...but there is a connection long before that. The scroll of Pythia dates to 3600 years in the past. We've been told that the destruction and exodus on Kobol and the destruction on Earth occurred at the same time about 2,000 years ago. There might have been communication and/or travel between the two places long ago.
        Point taken, but that's assuming that the thirteenth tribe had f.t.l. drives which Anders said they didn't or had lost the technology at some point in there history. it just seems like a plot contrivance, it's left up up to us to fill in the blanks of a major part of the story because the writers don't know themselves, I'm not saying everything needs to be laid out then there's no mystery to the show or intrigue to it . I suppose my original point is that it's an over site on the part of the writers something that has simply been forgotten about left unexplained and prob never will unless there is something I've missed? that explanation just seems too simple. sorry.

Comment

I got a theory that Earthlings put it there in the past.

Comment

"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again." - The scrolls could merely reference a previous runthrough of the cycle of events, either that or
            Spoiler:
            Kara is the next generation Pythia - she clearly has links to both the 12 colonies and the 13th tribe, perhaps the scrolls were written with the aid of a similar being.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

[QUOTE=oldschool k;9845290]Point taken, but that's assuming that the thirteenth tribe had f.t.l. drives which Anders said they didn't or had lost the technology at some point in there history. QUOTE]

No Anders said the Ressurection ship that they re-invented at placed in orbit around Earth did not have F.T.L drive.

I think a plauseable theory is this.

Baltar, and Kara have both seen images of cylons in their heads. Kara saw what I presume to be Daniel/number 7/her father, teaching her how to re-play the piano. If Daniel was Kara father that would mean Cavill put Daniel on the 12 colonies just as he put the final 5 there. It would also make Kara half Cylon which would explain why she is not dead. And if he died on Caprica he would have been ressurected someplace. Baltar sees the same 6 that was "killed" on Caprica whom also must have been ressurected. We also know Cavill has mentioned an outpost where he believes Ellen can re-invent ressurection. And We know that Ellen had nothing to do with the image that Deanna saw of the final five in the monestary meaning she also had visions in her head. Finally Boomer showed us that Cylons can communicate within the mind I cannot remember what she called it when her and the Chief lived their little fantasy. I am willing to bet that Deannas vision, Karas hallucination of her father, and Baltars crazy meetings with the 6 are all forms of some long range communication. The same communications could have been used to communicate fro Earth to Kobol giving the writer of the Pythia an accurate account. This would mean Somone is leading Baltar to do what he is doing and someone showed Deanna who the final 5 were, and someone showed Kara the how to play the piano. So here is a better question who is communicating with them, where are they leading everyone too. And why are they doing it.

Comment

one could conject that God himself or one of his angels placed the book there.

Comment

I remember RDM saying he was going to try to tie in the fact that humans originated on Earth. But that's a lot of revelations for the Colonials and Cylons to discover and digest in the remaining 3 episodes.

Logically, the only way Pythia would know about Earth and the journey to it is if there was an exodus from Earth in the first place. The 13th tribe is just backtracking the original journey. On the other hand, RDM could go the "Chariots of the Gods" route and humans were taken from Earth to Kobol or were experimented upon to remove eggs and sperm and the first Colonials would have been all test tube babies. We've already seen the Cylons taking human reproductive organs and/or using humans for reproductive experiments in the Farm episode. The Cylons must have got the idea from somewhere.
                  It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

This is just my guess about the finale, but since I have been right about the final five and earth and most other things I speculate on, I will put this in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
                    galactica is gonna travel through time and end up on kobol thousands of years earlier. After living on Kobol the cylon/human relationship will break apart and the cylons will move to Earth while the humans to the 12 colonies. While on their way to the 12 colonies, Roslin will re-write the sacred scrolls while realizing she is Pythia.
                    Lords of Kobol....thats the Quorum.

Humanity and cylons are stuck in a temporal loop.
                    Last edited by quade_1; 07 March 2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                      This is just my guess about the finale, but since I have been right about the final five and earth and most other things I speculate on, I will put this in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
                      galactica is gonna travel through time and end up on kobol thousands of years earlier. After living on Kobol the cylon/human relationship will break apart and the cylons will move to Earth while the humans to the 12 colonies. While on their way to the 12 colonies, Roslin will re-write the sacred scrolls while realizing she is Pythia.

That would be pretty cheap. I would be pretty annoyed if that was the way it turned out.
                      Spoiler:
                      Time travel paradoxes are so passé.

Comment

Originally posted by wontgetfooledagain View Post
                        That would be pretty cheap. I would be pretty annoyed if that was the way it turned out.
                        Spoiler:
                        Time travel paradoxes are so passé.
                        i agree, but i think the fans have hyped it up too much. the finale is gonna be like wanting to have sex with angelina jolie, when u actually get there its like, wtf this is nothing special.

Comment

Spoiler:

I think this theory may be right especially after the fact that the base ship is near a singularity, however the details of your theory could be fun to play with, here is my thoughts.

[SPOILERS]I remember a hybrid once saying something along the lines of "The children of the one will live on" The one is Caville. Also Caville told Hera "Calm down soon you will have lots of little playmates to play with" Indicating that he plans on making more children like Hera. Hera was the queen of the gods and creator of life according to Greek Mythology, she also is described as an Evil, Jealous, Vindictive person. Those same qualities were used in the Sci Fi Channels Last Frakkin Special to describe Ellens character.

What if instead of Galactica going back in time, Hera and the other children Caville plans on creating end up back in time on Earth, and use their cylon knowledge and ressurection technology to pose as Gods to the people on Earth. They leave Earth for Kobol after Christianity is born taking with them humans that still believe in the Greek order of Gods. The people they take live on Kobol and eventually become the humans of the 12 colonies.

Hera knows that her very existance depends on everything playing out exactly the same so Helo and Sharon can get together so she can be born, and so her child self can be thrown bacjward in time. Thats why Hera wrote the Pythia, and is manipulating everyone (Karas vision of her father, Deannas vision of the final 5, Baltars vision of the 6, the Pythia itself) Hera could be using the same technique Boomer used to make her dream home with the Chief. Hera is manipulating everyone to make sure she is born again.

Hera is ELLEN..... Think about it, it all fits perfectly.

Comment

i agree, but i think the fans have hyped it up too much. the finale is gonna be like wanting to have sex with angelina jolie, when u actually get there its like, wtf this is nothing special.
                            Have you had sex with Angelina Jolie to be able to comment on its lack of specialness?
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by bum783 View Post
                              I think this theory may be right especially after the fact that the base ship is near a singularity, however the details of your theory could be fun to play with, here is my thoughts.

[SPOILERS]I remember a hybrid once saying something along the lines of "The children of the one will live on" The one is Caville. Also Caville told Hera "Calm down soon you will have lots of little playmates to play with" Indicating that he plans on making more children like Hera. Hera was the queen of the gods and creator of life according to Greek Mythology, she also is described as an Evil, Jealous, Vindictive person. Those same qualities were used in the Sci Fi Channels Last Frakkin Special to describe Ellens character.

What if instead of Galactica going back in time, Hera and the other children Caville plans on creating end up back in time on Earth, and use their cylon knowledge and ressurection technology to pose as Gods to the people on Earth. They leave Earth for Kobol after Christianity is born taking with them humans that still believe in the Greek order of Gods. The people they take live on Kobol and eventually become the humans of the 12 colonies.

Hera knows that her very existance depends on everything playing out exactly the same so Helo and Sharon can get together so she can be born, and so her child self can be thrown bacjward in time. Thats why Hera wrote the Pythia, and is manipulating everyone (Karas vision of her father, Deannas vision of the final 5, Baltars vision of the 6, the Pythia itself) Hera could be using the same technique Boomer used to make her dream home with the Chief. Hera is manipulating everyone to make sure she is born again.

Hera is ELLEN..... Think about it, it all fits perfectly.
                              There was no christianity or greek mythology, aside from call signs, as far as I know. They believe in the "Lords of Kobol", which could be the final five cylons, or some sort of Quorum. But we will just have to wait and see. I don't see Hera as being anybody, that ideology that she is a savour isn't believable. On my list of BSG loose ends, Hera is near the bottom. Who cares its just a cylon hybrid kid, it was done before on Earth and those ones weren't that special since the cylons went and blew them all up.

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                              Have you had sex with Angelina Jolie to be able to comment on its lack of specialness?
                              Yes i met her at a bar one night but she was fatter and uglier, atleast she told me she was angelina jolie

Comment

Working...
                              X