Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im a bit confused (Spoilers for recently aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a bit confused (Spoilers for recently aired episodes)

OK if there has been a thread about this somewhere i apologize just point me in the right direction don't bite my head off haha..

Anyway I was thinking
    Cavil knew who the final 5 where the Entire time... He pretended not to know... Why would the other 6 not know who they were.. Assuming cavil changed their programs to make them not know... But why? What was the point..

Further more.. When the cylon civil war started.. Why instead of going oops guys sorry here are the final 5 lets all be friends... Did he let them destroy the resurrection hub, unbox dianna, and wipe out most of the Sharons, Eights, and Leobans... It makes no sense in my head

Question 1. Because Cavils a bit of a jerk. And because he likes being in power.

Question 2. Because that would reveal that he knew who they were. Up until that point thy thought the 5 programed them to forget who they were. If suddenly they know he's been manipulating their programing for so long. The choices aren't as simple as you make them. He could admit what he did and have 5 Cylon models try and smack him down, or he could stick to his guns and lose 3 of them but still keep his position of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Denanthor View Post
      Cavil knew who the final 5 where the Entire time... He pretended not to know... Why would the other 6 not know who they were.. Assuming cavil changed their programs to make them not know... But why? What was the point..
      The point was control, or that's my thought. Cavil had "killed" the Final Five, replaced their memories with false ones (when they downloaded) and then inserted them in the 12 Colonies to teach them a lesson in humility. Cavil didn't want this known, so he somehow messed with the memories of the other six skinjobs to discourage them from thinking about the final five.

Originally posted by Denanthor View Post
      Further more.. When the cylon civil war started.. Why instead of going oops guys sorry here are the final 5 lets all be friends... Did he let them destroy the resurrection hub, unbox dianna, and wipe out most of the Sharons, Eights, and Leobans... It makes no sense in my head
      Part of this is that his plan for the final five went wrong. Ellen stated that he wanted them to die in the holocaust and then, when they downloaded, admit to him that they had been wrong, that humanity was not worthy of being saved, etc. When they escaped with the RTF, he lost control of them because they were protected by the fleet. The other part of this is, again, control of the other six. If he had revealed to them the existence of the final five, they would have contacted them and eventually the six would have found out about what he did to them. Let's just say they wouldn't have been too happy with him at that point...

Spoiler:
      "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
      ---Bill Adama

Comment

Working...
      X