The fate of D'Anna ... (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fate of D'Anna ... (spoilers)

Am I the only one who was disappointed how did they written out D'Anna? I knew Lucy Lawless will be in three episode, but I was expecting more in secret. I don't like that she stayed begind. The creators of BSG skipped the whole Cylon intro from the beginning of the episodes. It seems it is not important now. I feel myself a bit cheated, because I waited more from this storyline. We couldn't see the reactions how the fleet and the characters handled this discovery, even if they continued it with the rebellion.I know we will see Ellen again, but I think it was strange that D'Anna didn't mention this information for Tigh, who wanted to kill himself on Earth...
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Wanted to kill himself on Earth? I'm not sure we've been watching the same show, you and I.

I'm very satisfied with how D'anna was written out, personally.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Wanted to kill himself on Earth? I'm not sure we've been watching the same show, you and I.

I'm very satisfied with how D'anna was written out, personally.
      The ending scene could easily be interpreted that way. Remember the story Adama told about the fox riding the river current out to sea to die? At the end it appeared that Tigh was walking out into the water to do something similar. I believe he even said something about riding the tide out to sea. When he went in and got waist deep he began to remember about Ellen.

Comment

I don't think he wanted to swim only in a radioactive ocean... Maybe he wanted to kill himself.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It is sad D'Anna is gone, but the shock and sadness makes a good drama/show!

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
            The ending scene could easily be interpreted that way. Remember the story Adama told about the fox riding the river current out to sea to die? At the end it appeared that Tigh was walking out into the water to do something similar. I believe he even said something about riding the tide out to sea. When he went in and got waist deep he began to remember about Ellen.
            he was draw to the ocean just like he and the rest of the 4 where to the viper and the gym.

i think the higher power that is guided the events that we are seeing is leading to what we'll see in "no exit"
            this has happened before and will happen again

Comment

Originally posted by the missing 7 View Post
              he was draw to the ocean just like he and the rest of the 4 where to the viper and the gym.

i think the higher power that is guided the events that we are seeing is leading to what we'll see in "no exit"
              i think you are spot on there...

each of the 4 models were drawn to certain areas on earth, Tyrol to the market square, Sam to his musical instrument (tory we don't know) and Tigh to the water which before it was the place where he last remembered who he and his wife were...

Comment

Why didnt D'anna not tell Tigh that Ellen was the fifth, they obviously discussed the fifth at some point?

Did D'anna stay on Earth for her own reasons, does she think there is a resurrection hub hidden on that planet and thats why she wanted to stay to find it on her own. Maybe there is more on that planet than we know, is she the one bringing Ellen back.

After all she knew who the 5 were, she knew the 5th wasnt on board the fleet at that point, it makes sense why she said that now "I want the 4 in your fleet" but she knew that all 5 were on New Caprica before. She knew where the fifth was. Is that why D'Anna said "I'm so sorry" in the opera house because she knew Tigh had attempt to kill her and she was on New Caprica. Could she have gone back to NC and recovered Ellen's programming?

Does D'Anna know more than she's said, I think so?

Comment

I'm also kinda bummed that D'Annna is no more. I guess it makes sense from a story POV - she was only unboxed because she knew the identities of the final five, and now that everyone knows who the final five are her role is somewhat redundant.

I won't be surprised if she pops up toward the end though.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    I'm also kinda bummed that D'Annna is no more. I guess it makes sense from a story POV - she was only unboxed because she knew the identities of the final five, and now that everyone knows who the final five are her role is somewhat redundant.

I won't be surprised if she pops up toward the end though.
                    how????
                    this has happened before and will happen again

Comment

Sorry. Lucy Lawless isn't coming back to the show. She was contracted for Revelations and Sometimes A Great Notion, but she's a very expensive actress. I don't think we'll see any more of her soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X