Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the centurions are under-used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think the centurions are under-used?

I know the new BGS is more about the characters, and less about the sci-fi, but do you think the writters have under used the centurions? I do.

I think the potential missed storyline are endless, and I only hope with the uprising on Galatica that they are used abit more in its retake.
    I got nothing!

Yes the Cylons are totally under used and this very good tv has been changing course since season 2. It has changed from a science fiction based show to a relationship based show - where is the science?!?

Pandora's Box got opened

The most popular BSG threads in GW are

" Kara Anders Love Thread"
    "Homosexual characters on the series *Spoilers* "
    "Everyone Takes there pants off way too much "
    " The Roslin/Zarek Shipper Discussion Thread"
    " Heart Aaron Douglas/Chief Tyrol Thunk Thread! Kisses"
    " Starbuck (Kara Thrace)/ Katee Sackhoff -- appreciation thread "
    " The Roslin/Adama Shipping Thread"
    " Anti Lee/Dee Thread "
    " The Pro-JarJarAdama/StarfrakThrace relationship thread "

The DeSanto thread is kinda active too but it wouldn't be so active if I wasn't posting in it

Comment

I think the Centurians are definantly underused. Especially after the "The 6s have no idea of the threat they have unleashed" line when they removed the talons falco inhibitor. I was expecting the centurians to rebel against everyone... Apparently not hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Denanthor View Post
        I think the Centurians are definantly underused. Especially after the "The 6s have no idea of the threat they have unleashed" line when they removed the talons falco inhibitor. I was expecting the centurians to rebel against everyone... Apparently not hahaha
        Thats what I was hoping for, they hinted at it endlessly, but alas all we get is 50 mins of Roslyn sulking in a cabin, boring!
        I got nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Denanthor View Post
          I disagree. We did learn then that they were not completely loyal to the Fleet. The whole point is, they are willing to kill other Cylons that they deem a threat. I do, however, think the Centurions know more than the Raiders and the skin jobs.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
            I disagree. We did learn then that they were not completely loyal to the Fleet. The whole point is, they are willing to kill other Cylons that they deem a threat. I do, however, think the Centurions know more than the Raiders and the skin jobs.

Question is, is that a fan pipe dream, or have the writters saved it up for the later episodes?
            I got nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bey0nd View Post
              The DeSanto thread is kinda active too but it wouldn't be so active if I wasn't posting in it
              I thought your sole purpose was to post in dead threads?
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

For some reason I'm really scared that in BSG they are losing money. There were some episodes where the Centurion CGI was particularly good, most notably Valley of Darkness and Season 1, when the plot MEANT that the centurions always make an appearance. This always seems to happen when a show KNOWS its going to end (i.e Stargate Atlantis, and BSG, SG-1 always had stunning effects) or maybe its just me not seeing a proper space battle since 4x01 (4x03 if you include Razor). But for some reason me thinks the writers and producers are saving up for an amazing end. If the episode before "The Plan" is just a load of character development and talking (like most of Season 4 so far) I will be quite disappointed. This doesn't imply that the only things i like about TV is a nice bang everywhere (in every meaning )

Comment

Yeah, definitly! i thought the centurians were really cool, but we haven't seen them much this season
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Amaunet for the sig!!!
                  My First Gateworld News Item!

Comment

The centurions have become more and more unused and it is sad...Sometimes I forget BSG is a science fiction show unitl I see spaceships or the centurions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                      I thought your sole purpose was to post in dead threads?
                      That's one for your side....not that we're keeping score.

Spoiler:
                      "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                      ---Bill Adama

Comment

I think this plays on both sides in BSG. Both marines and centurions are highly underused in the series.
                        These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Don't forget that the Centurions are purely CGI and therefore not cheap. Battlestar looks good but it's never had the biggest budget. That being said, where the story needed Centurions to be present, they have been and considering that this show is a character-based narrative rather than action-based, I am perfectly content with it.
                          I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Yes they are way under use.

Comment

Yeah, definitely under-used. We should have seen more of the centurions than we have in this series.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X