Earth only gets 1 episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
    I'll be really pissed off if Cavil et al show up.

Why? Because (unless somehow Ellen Tigh is with them) they had no way of finding Earth. You could argue that the Hybrids always seem to know where everything is I suppose. But if they do show, it better be a good explanation.
    They found the Pythian Earth only thanks to Starbuck's Viper
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Indeed. With the help of 3 of the 5.

Without both the Viper, and some Final Fivers... how would the Cavilistas find Earth?

Unlessss.... Ellen Tigh is with them, and she now knows everything she knew.

As an aside, if the Cavilistas appeared now and started shooting, the Fleet & Friend would be screwed. What with all that's going on.

IN FACT... if that happened, maybe the injured Baseship would save the day. Leading to unity afterall.

Oh, oh, the mind boggles...
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
        Why? Because (unless somehow Ellen Tigh is with them) they had no way of finding Earth. You could argue that the Hybrids always seem to know where everything is I suppose. But if they do show, it better be a good explanation.
        I've been puzzling over that too, but the last lone 3 seemed convinced that Cavil would find them....I just have no idea why....

I'm not sure why Ellen would know either. Even if she remembers everything that happened, she wasn't with the others when they were "switched on" and even they only found Earth because of the signal from Starbuck's Viper....

Better be a damn good explanation if that happens.....

Spoiler:
        "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
        ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
          I've been puzzling over that too, but the last lone 3 seemed convinced that Cavil would find them....I just have no idea why....

I'm not sure why Ellen would know either. Even if she remembers everything that happened, she wasn't with the others when they were "switched on" and even they only found Earth because of the signal from Starbuck's Viper....

Better be a damn good explanation if that happens.....
          My guess is the hybrids have some sort of ability to "sense" where Cylons are, as a mechanism to preserve the race if they are ever scattered and lost. Then Cavil could just go in the directions the Hybrids pointed and eventually stumble upon them.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            My guess is the hybrids have some sort of ability to "sense" where Cylons are, as a mechanism to preserve the race if they are ever scattered and lost. Then Cavil could just go in the directions the Hybrids pointed and eventually stumble upon them.
            Yeah, that could be the case. I think something will definitely lead Cavil to them.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              I don't know. Galaxy is a big palce
              But it's not as big as a Home Depot.
              Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

I don't think that they're done with Earth. They looked, it was demolished, they want to get going instead of wasting time dwelling over a destroyed world. The clock is running and they need to find a home, they can't just stay on an irridiated planet.

But since Anders is supposed to have his memory return and remember all about Earth, I'd say they aren't done with it. They wouldn't build up 3.5 years of Earth only to abandon it in one episode.

Comment

seen the first thread that mentioned earth and posted here...

I'm watching Season 2 Episode 7 (Home Part 2) and am at the scene where they are in the tomb of athena and looking at the constellations. Starbuck just said "We're Standing on it........ We're standing on Earth. The scriptures say that when the 13th tribe landed on earth they looked upon the heavens and saw their 12 brothers."
                  So are they actually standing on Earth at that point? because the area is lush in grass and we know from the latest episodes that earth is a wasteland.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrogue View Post
                    So are they actually standing on Earth at that point? because the area is lush in grass and we know from the latest episodes that earth is a wasteland.
                    I don't see the contradiction. In the recent Earth-related episodes, we've seen that there are weeds (Roslin), reeds/wheat of some kind (Viper field), and driftwood (pyre). The weed was green, and the other two were still there and had not biodegraded, so they must have been at least somewhat recent. There's no reason to think green grass is unlikely.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrogue View Post
                      seen the first thread that mentioned earth and posted here...

I'm watching Season 2 Episode 7 (Home Part 2) and am at the scene where they are in the tomb of athena and looking at the constellations. Starbuck just said "We're Standing on it........ We're standing on Earth. The scriptures say that when the 13th tribe landed on earth they looked upon the heavens and saw their 12 brothers."
                      I always figured that was a hologram or 3D projection of some sort rather than actually standing on earth.

Comment

Working...
                      X