This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roslin's cancer cure?

So how come no one has given Roslin a shot of Athena's kid's blood? it worked before...well for some time...

Have they addressed this and i just somehow missed it?

That's what I've been wondering.
    sigpic

Comment

It was a temporary cure. The cancer cells developed immunities to the blood and now is nigh destructible!!! It will kill Roslin, then turn into a giant monster and destroy New York!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304
        That's what I've been wondering.
        ditto - plothole ? ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
          It was a temporary cure. The cancer cells developed immunities to the blood and now is nigh destructible!!! It will kill Roslin, then turn into a giant monster and destroy New York!!!
          I saw that movie and I thought it was tokyo? Actually I wonder if the cure would only be temporary. that the cancer would return no matter what. The cylon blood was only a stop gap measure. it doesn't actually cure you, it holds the cancer itself at bay.

In a cylon it is indefinite as they resupply their own blood, in a human it only lasts a little while.

edit it isn't a plothole as it was asked about after baltar's court and roslin gave no answer.

Comment

They used stem cells IIRC, because the child was unborn that is how they were able to use them, stem cells are blank cells that only form in early stages of pregnancy, it's impossible to do it again unless we have another cylon baby.
            "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

I'm not sure, it may simply be Hera's cells that won't work again.

Which means when Tyrol is discovered, it may be Nick's cells that save her.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                I'm not sure, it may simply be Hera's cells that won't work again.

Which means when Tyrol is discovered, it may be Nick's cells that save her.
                Erm, how do you figure this out? My amateur grasp of genetics doesn't agree sorry.
                Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                  Erm, how do you figure this out? My amateur grasp of genetics doesn't agree sorry.
                  I'm not sure I understand your point of contention.

Comment

Working...
                  X