This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head!Six and other Heads!

Following on my ruminations from my maiden post, I want to raise a question about Baltar's Head!Six.

I guess this is partly prompted by some recent speculation on some forums that Head!Six is Cylon God. And that she cured the boy of his encephalitis in Six of One.

Can anyone give any specific examples of Head!Six actually knowing something that Baltar does not? Not speculation, deduction, analysis, etc, which can be explained by Baltar just reasoning, but actual evidence.

Likewise with Six's Head!Baltar, and Baltar's new Head!Baltar. LOL.

I am very dubious. I'm still clinging to a notion that the virtual characters are just that, and do not represent anything beyond psychological manifestations of the source themselves.

The alternative I think pushes us into mystical mumbo-jumbo territory of spirits and souls and god(s) and such nonsense. And generally, BSG has been pretty free of such magic. (At least in terms of real world consequences.)

So, examples anyone?

Originally posted by Fairy Nuff
    I'm still clinging to a notion that the virtual characters are just that, and do not represent anything beyond psychological manifestations of the source themselves.
    gosh I hope not, that would really suk big time for the storyline - major letdown if true

I doubt it's the case anyway

3 examples :

- head6 knew that some cylon humans were conditioned to think they were human, cf. miniseries

- head6 knew about the cylon humans' "projection" ability, cf. s3 Torn

- headBaltar knew that Saul Tigh had lost someone close to him and that he was responsible for it (his wife Helen), cf. s3 Crossroads part1

there may be more..

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      gosh I hope not, that would really suk big time for the storyline - major letdown if true

I doubt it's the case anyway

3 examples :

- head6 knew that some cylon humans were conditioned to think they were human, cf. miniseries
      Could not Baltar have determined this himself?

- head6 knew about the cylon humans' "projection" ability, cf. s3 Torn
      You mean the 1-6 & 8 models? Dunno, reckon it's flimsy and given the 'projections' of Baltar anyway...

- headBaltar knew that Saul Tigh had lost someone close to him and that he was responsible for it (his wife Helen), cf. s3 Crossroads part1
      This is the kind of example I was after.

there may be more..
      More would be good. I like hard evidence!

As I may have said elsewhere, I am afraid there is going to be a sudden introduction of some higher power/god/alien/mystical mumbo-jumbo explanation this season. Angels? Agents of god? Preserve us.

BSG is largely rooted in common sense and rationality (as long as we accept the basic original premises), and to throw this away at the end would be a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy Nuff
        Could not Baltar have determined this himself?
        how ? the only cylon he "knew" was caprica6. the very concept of a "cylon human" was a shock to him & he was barely getting used to it, let alone "a thinking cylon that thinks it's human"

You mean the 1-6 & 8 models? Dunno, reckon it's flimsy and given the 'projections' of Baltar anyway...
        she mentioned the word 'projection'. there are plenty other more "logical" words baltar could've used such as 'daydreaming', 'illusion' 'hallucination' etc.

BSG is largely rooted in common sense and rationality
        it is if you accept the omniscience of certain cylons

Comment

Didn't Head 6 tell Baltar about the cylon Transponder? Perhaps I'm remembering it wrong.

After Hera was reported dead, Head 6 told Baltar she was actually alive. In fact, didnt Head 6 tell Baltar about " the next generation of God's children" before anyone knew a cylon /human baby existed?

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448
            After Hera was reported dead, Head 6 told Baltar she was actually alive.
            what ep was that ? on the contrary I remember head6 scolding baltar for not preventing what happened to Hera, so as far as head6 knew Hera was dead

Comment

what ep was that ? on the contrary I remember head6 scolding baltar for not preventing what happened to Hera, so as far as head6 knew Hera was dead
              Perhaps my memory has failed. It has been a long time. If I find something specific I'll post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy Nuff View Post
                BSG is largely rooted in common sense and rationality (as long as we accept the basic original premises), and to throw this away at the end would be a shame.
                One could also watch this series and come to the opposite conclusion though. We have had: Lords, gods, god, "head" angels, oracles, religious scrolls of prophecy, "the space between life and death".

Someone could watch the show and conclude it is mostly rooted in religion/spirituality/mystics/etc.

I think the writers want it that way and I think they'll keep it that way to the very end. It will all be in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Working...
                X