No announcement yet.

Cally? ( Minor spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She looks younger than she is IMO, but an age difference of ten years or so isn't exceptional by any means.
    sigpic

Comment

I actually liked Cally. It was a shame that they killed her off.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
        I've wanted her to go out of the airlock since season two episode four, when she shot Boomer

Comment

Why? Boomer shot Adama...
          sigpic

Comment

I thought Cally was kind of annoying and didn't really care for the character much, but I didn't hate her or feel that she deserved to go out an airlock.
            sigpic

Comment

My feelings exactly. Sometimes I wondered what Chief Tyrol saw in her, though.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                Why? Boomer shot Adama...
                Because revenge killings are A-OK as far as the law goes?

Besides Cally didn't shoot Boomer for shooting Adama but because she was pissed Tyrol was sleeping with Boomer and not her.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  My feelings exactly. Sometimes I wondered what Chief Tyrol saw in her, though.
                  I wondered that too at times. I suppose she was loyal(she reminded me of a puppy following Tyrol around lol), and she was available and willing to marry him, even after he beat her up. Cally and Tyrol as a couple always felt kinda weird to me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow, and here I was thinking that I was the only one who dislike Cally I mean BSG is all about real characters, full of errors, flaws, so real humans, but Cally... *sighs* I didn't mind her whining and all but she was... dumb... Sorry, but that's how I see her, I mean she was so close-minded. Especially about the Cylons. "You're bunch of toasters" or "bunch of skinjobs" and that was it for her. I mean common, after all these years, and she still has to be this stupid? And I'm not saying that she should love Cylons at all, but she judged them - and everyone else - very easily, without knowing th facts, or without thinking, IMO.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                      Agreed.

Cally may look like she should've been sitting at home playing with her Barbies (or whatever the Colonial equivalent is), but she's a tough cookie. She's had one of her best friends (Socinus) die in her arms. She's come within a hairsbreadth of being raped, then is shot in the stomach at close range. She survived a Raptor crash and being hunted by Cylons on Kobol...

Need I go on?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
                        Wow, and here I was thinking that I was the only one who dislike Cally I mean BSG is all about real characters, full of errors, flaws, so real humans, but Cally... *sighs* I didn't mind her whining and all but she was... dumb... Sorry, but that's how I see her, I mean she was so close-minded. Especially about the Cylons. "You're bunch of toasters" or "bunch of skinjobs" and that was it for her. I mean common, after all these years, and she still has to be this stupid? And I'm not saying that she should love Cylons at all, but she judged them - and everyone else - very easily, without knowing th facts, or without thinking, IMO.
                        That's pretty much how everyone was in the show. The only person in the first two seasons who didn't judge them to be "Frakking Toasters" was Helo. In season 3 it was Adama, Helo and Starbuck but only towards Athena. Then in season 4 even when they had the cylons as Allies it was a pretty damn uneasy truce.
                        It's easy to watch a show when you're sitting at home comfortable and seeing both sides of an argument and call someone closed minded. But even at the end of the series these people were still angry and in pain.
                        Not to mention the fact that Cally (Very realistically I felt) was suffering from major depression through season 4. Yeah she was whiney but that's how people get a lot of the time.
                        As for what the Chief saw in her; he himself said that she was the best of limited options. And to be fair the girl was very loving towards the chief for a long long time. And she was cute in a girlish sorta way. It happens.

Interestingly as well, going into the Psychology of some of the Galactica's crew, one thing I always noticed is that the Deck Gang was always some of the most vocal against the cylons. This I think can be pretty understandable. For starters they were put under a tremendous amount of pressure. Pilots had down time to rest up and training and patrol isn't exactly as full on as combat. Likewise for other officers and marines. The engineers and deck crew on the other hand was constantly full on. Why? Because there is always something to fix. There were no spare parts so anything that was full on busted had to be fabricated on top of regular maintenance. That's a constant high pressure job there. On top of that these are people who essentially fix up birds so they can send off pilots to die, and as they also doubled as damage control teams this also carried a lot of risk to themselves. All this kinda all adds onto the stress. In the end it's pretty understandable why Cally would be so loco.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I guess you're right, but still, the only person who was annoying for me, that was Cally. President Roslin, Adama etc. were close minded too, yes... I still liked them, I could understand their feelings, motives etc. But Cally, IDK... maybe the actress wasn't good enough, lol. Or maybe because she realized that her husband is a Cylon, the father of her child... and then she still said 'fraking clyons' and wanted to kill herself and her son. Of course it was a shock for her, her whole world just ended in a way, so I get it, but still... she was annoying, end of line

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X