This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razor Extended-spoilers!!

apologies if this thread already exists somewhere but i didnt see it.

so, anyone seen this yet? what did you think of the additions?

overall i thought they worked pretty well, adding to the experience although i still believe the whole thing to be slightly redundant and much set up for series four....majorly cryptic clues dropped and i feel, yes a review in which i will go into details cloaked in the time honoured fashion of spoiler tags, behold!!

Spoiler:

so firstly its alot more graphic i noticed just little tweaks here or there and one hell of a lot of head shots for an hour and a half tele-novella, the addition of further backstory for cain, whereby she loses her entire family in the last five minutes of cylon war 1 is nicely done and raised some questions that if not answered in the future might prove to be vaguely annoying...... the major one being, if the cylons took her sister where is she now?

the other majorly extended scene is the one of young adama, which is basically putting all but the first two (i think) razorettes into the main body of the show so we get the whole destruction of columbia, the stupid as it is cool cylon/adama mid air tussle and then it continues much the same as before exept a little more graphic on the human torture stuff when he puts his hand in the vat of goo.
    the thing is, as if it wasnt already a flashback-o-rama, jees you hardly get three lines of dialog in the present (but not the present in fact almost two years ago in the timeline of the current series!) before another flashback occurs.

i really feel this shouldnt have been a stand alone release but alas.
    other additions are mostly in the form of bits here and there, baltar gets a scene with head six there are a few more fx shots of the docks exploding at scorpion and i swear to god (or the gods...whatever!) that at one point young adama calls a cylon a cocksucker, i'm gonna have to recheck that .....yep thats in there and a few more lines of dialogue from all concerned to no major effect, oh apart from a scene with shaw and starbuck before the mission to go see grandpa cylon which i felt was subtely significant to both their characters.
    anyway all the new stuff is good, makes for a better all round viewing experience but the real unexpected (by me at least) scene was with the cylon god, now when the marines enter the basestar there is a voice over whereby we hear some juicy clues as to the fate of the whole thing.

possible major spoilers......

Spoiler:

now when i say clues i mean, cryptic and somewhat vague clues but non the less interesting, firstly the guy predicts new caprica but then goes on to talk about the final five and some vague description of the fifth. saying that its shrouded in shadow and hungry for redemption and that it will only acheive this through great suffering, whats more he says about those who where once enemies joining together to reach their goal and something about the seven who now are six become splintered and consumed with sin, i think this is just reference to diana biers eventual return, the last bit really intrigued me though.
    "they will join together and head for the promised land gathered on the wings of an angel" so they are all going to earth and the cylons and humans will join forces to reach it, something which i had called although it might have been a bit obvious, but gathered on the wings of an angel? no idea.

its a nice build up for the final season im still not sure Razor as a whole was needed at all though.
    if its done anything its made me look forward to s4 even more but i was looking forward to it to begin with and who is going to watch this that isnt a galactica fan already?

thoughts?
    Last edited by Phantom Limb; 03 December 2007, 10:10 AM.
    To the Mandatorium!!!!!

cant wait for s4 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
      cant wait for s4 ?
      haha, yes? was that wrong then?
      its the end of the story, the final chapter, the point of the entire thing existing! damn right i wanna see it.
      To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

since spoilers is in the topic title i see no reason to put a spoiler tag here. but yea the stuff the hybrid said was freaky. one has to wonder how hybrids know so much and what they resurrect intoo. hm but from what the hybrid was saying there is only 1 or 2 ppl the last cylon can be. i couldnt understand some of what the hybrid said tho so i guess we have to wait til someone types it all out? he also described what the other 6 have been thru and that all ties in.

as for other stuff it seemed like young cain probably couldve saved her sis and gotten her to that place and been safe since the armstice gets signed right after. with cain i guess fear and anger actually were 2 sides of the same coin like starbuck said. first not wanting to save her sis becuz of fear. then later sending those viper pilots to their deaths on that suicide mission becuz of anger. getting those civilians killed on the ships which were looking to them for safety=anger also and then blaming it on now being able to save everyone when she couldve if she wasnt overcome with fear and anger. we did get to see a glimpse of what bonsai looked like

Comment

This reminded me a lot of the Pegasus extended edition in that it basically just fleshed out the story a bit more and filled in a few annoying holes. The stuff about young Cain especially was really essential to understanding why she acted the way she did so I don't know what they were thinking cutting that out.

I couldn't make out most of what the Hybrid said unfortunately. Anybody know of a source for a transcript of this.

Comment

does anyone know where to get the razor podcast? or is it the same thats ont he season4 part of the scifi.com podcast site?

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Limb View Post
              Spoiler:

something which i had called although it might have been a bit obvious, but gathered on the wings of an angel? no idea.

thoughts?
              Yep I think I have the answer and the proof,

Spoiler:
              Many people on these very forums reckoned Starbuck was a Cylon and after watching this I have to agree. Did anyone notice her on as one of the human guinea pigs on the Cylon base ?

Adama couldn't get the door open but you could clearly see it was who Starbuck was before the Cylons changed her...

Last edited by Defiant; 05 December 2007, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                Yep I think I have the answer and the proof,

Spoiler:
                Many people on these very forums reckoned Starbuck was a Cylon and after watching this I have to agree. Did anyone notice her on as one of the human guinea pigs on the Cylon base ?

Adama couldn't get the door open but you could clearly see it was who Starbuck was before the Cylons changed her...

Spoiler:
                that little girl looked alot like starbuck as a little girl but i don't think it was her. the man also sounded a lot like leoban but when we see him he looks nothink like.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

P-90_177 I really think the eyes gave her away, also lets not forget what he said
                  Spoiler:
                  "Gathered on the wings of an angel" because she's supposed to be dead

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                    P-90_177 I really think the eyes gave her away, also lets not forget what he said
                    Spoiler:
                    "Gathered on the wings of an angel" because she's supposed to be dead
                    hmmmmmm. i supose but i'm hoping it's not true. it seems too obvious. or at the very least:

Spoiler:
                    i hope there is a damn good explanation about how starbuck and the others are cylons when one of them was born before the cylons took human form or should have been.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

For those that didn't see

Spoiler:
                      Here's the wings and the Angel. You'll note their all gathered too

http://uk.video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=381417

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        hmmmmmm. i supose but i'm hoping it's not true. it seems too obvious. or at the very least:

Spoiler:
                        i hope there is a damn good explanation about how starbuck and the others are cylons when one of them was born before the cylons took human form or should have been.
                        maybe they were replaced just before the attack and the real one are locked up somewhere
                        sigpic
                        Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Limb View Post
                          apologies if this thread already exists somewhere but i didnt see it.

so, anyone seen this yet? what did you think of the additions?

overall i thought they worked pretty well, adding to the experience although i still believe the whole thing to be slightly redundant and much set up for series four....majorly cryptic clues dropped and i feel, yes a review in which i will go into details cloaked in the time honoured fashion of spoiler tags, behold!!

Spoiler:

so firstly its alot more graphic i noticed just little tweaks here or there and one hell of a lot of head shots for an hour and a half tele-novella, the addition of further backstory for cain, whereby she loses her entire family in the last five minutes of cylon war 1 is nicely done and raised some questions that if not answered in the future might prove to be vaguely annoying...... the major one being, if the cylons took her sister where is she now?

the other majorly extended scene is the one of young adama, which is basically putting all but the first two (i think) razorettes into the main body of the show so we get the whole destruction of columbia, the stupid as it is cool cylon/adama mid air tussle and then it continues much the same as before exept a little more graphic on the human torture stuff when he puts his hand in the vat of goo.
                          the thing is, as if it wasnt already a flashback-o-rama, jees you hardly get three lines of dialog in the present (but not the present in fact almost two years ago in the timeline of the current series!) before another flashback occurs.

i really feel this shouldnt have been a stand alone release but alas.
                          other additions are mostly in the form of bits here and there, baltar gets a scene with head six there are a few more fx shots of the docks exploding at scorpion and i swear to god (or the gods...whatever!) that at one point young adama calls a cylon a cocksucker, i'm gonna have to recheck that .....yep thats in there and a few more lines of dialogue from all concerned to no major effect, oh apart from a scene with shaw and starbuck before the mission to go see grandpa cylon which i felt was subtely significant to both their characters.
                          anyway all the new stuff is good, makes for a better all round viewing experience but the real unexpected (by me at least) scene was with the cylon god, now when the marines enter the basestar there is a voice over whereby we hear some juicy clues as to the fate of the whole thing.

possible major spoilers......

Spoiler:

now when i say clues i mean, cryptic and somewhat vague clues but non the less interesting, firstly the guy predicts new caprica but then goes on to talk about the final five and some vague description of the fifth. saying that its shrouded in shadow and hungry for redemption and that it will only acheive this through great suffering, whats more he says about those who where once enemies joining together to reach their goal and something about the seven who now are six become splintered and consumed with sin, i think this is just reference to diana biers eventual return, the last bit really intrigued me though.
                          "they will join together and head for the promised land gathered on the wings of an angel" so they are all going to earth and the cylons and humans will join forces to reach it, something which i had called although it might have been a bit obvious, but gathered on the wings of an angel? no idea.

its a nice build up for the final season im still not sure Razor as a whole was needed at all though.
                          if its done anything its made me look forward to s4 even more but i was looking forward to it to begin with and who is going to watch this that isnt a galactica fan already?

thoughts?
                          Oh, sweetheart. Whilst I appreciate the play-by-play, would it of killed you to fuse in some grammar? Seriously, that was painful.

I have scattered thoughts so I'll use dot points:

- I do not think that Starbuck is a Cylon. In fact, I think that the "Dying Leader" is Kara, not Laura.
                          - I believe that the First Humaniod Cylon was telling the truth, but correct perceptions and interpretations are impossible to make at this point.
                          - I think that D'Anna Biers will return - but only because TPTB want to bring Lucy Lawless back. In truth, the storyline would be better if she stayed boxed. I mean, it would be good if one of the characters that died actually stayed dead.
                          - I think that Caprica Six will become much like Athena. She knows love and loss and understands humans more than the others. She is empathetic and she was clearly becoming wary of her fellow Cylons.
                          - I think that Hera and Nicholas represent Adam and Eve.
                          - I think that Earth will have no life on it. I think that the twelve colonies are meant to populate it. Thus, we come from them. All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again.
                          - I do not think that the Cylons will ultimately "come good", though they may work with the humans for nefarious or desperate reasons. I think the only Cylons that will live on Earth amongst the humans are the Final Five, Athena and possibly Caprica Six.
                          - I think that the final Cylon in Tom Zarek.
                          loffs

Comment

That is not Kara...

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                            X