Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but that strategy might also backfire: if people are afraid any character might be killed off at any time, they also might be more wary of committing to the show, instead preferring to stay as casual viewers.

That said, I'm glad that RDM sometimes kills characters off, that BSG isn't like Star Trek TOS where only the redshirts get killed off, never the crew.
    sigpic

Comment

well at least in bsg we know that the major characters are safe for the most part unless the actor wants to leave. Adama, Apollo, Starbuck esspecially.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well, it was uncertain until the season 3 finale whether or not Katee Sackhoff would return. I do agree, however, that both Adamas and Starbuck will probably make it (almost) to the end.
        sigpic

Comment

I have to say there is nothing more I could ask out of this TV movie it has action, Characters drama, and Crazy Glenn Larson Cylons(that by your command made me laugh so hard) But even with that I'm kinda unmoved but it as a whole I think other than Lee and Starbuck i would rather than seen any of the main cast let the Admril come in give a command and then walk out. The Main cast felt out of place for the most part and even Athena added next to nothing that couldn't have been set up on The Beast. It seemed more like here are some token roles so we can pay you.
          What was the point of this? Just look at it from how this moves the universe forward one garbled transmission with a warning about kara to me seems to be kinda lacking. Also some was saying something how BSG doesn't kill red shirts i'm sorry but when you seen there were 4 people one had the bomb, one is nameless peon, And the others are the CAG and the XO i knew the Peon was going to die and he did.
          And Kara talking about here destiny with lee seemed out of place too considers how much she fights its and doesn't believe it and to say like yeah well Cylon A said i have a Destiny.
          I like the story of The Cain and her ship and think the larger story was kinda needed for that but as a whole Shaw not living made me sad because she was a good character and after we had spent so much time with this character just to killer her off so they don't have to explain where she is I thought just was lacking And the bomb that got broke, come on you got a nuke on your back what are you using it to suck up bullets it to get it broke. I hate the whole not we have to leave someone behind to blow it up manually because the characters are stupid thing, I would rather there taking fire and someone has to stay with it to make sure the cylons don't disarm it, Granted in that instance the cylons don't just give up and let you walk around the ship freely....
          As a whole 6 our of 10 above average BSG
          Last edited by Night Marshal; 03 December 2007, 07:18 AM.
          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            Well, it was uncertain until the season 3 finale whether or not Katee Sackhoff would return. I do agree, however, that both Adamas and Starbuck will probably make it (almost) to the end.
            well that always seemed strange to me. i kinda figured she would have to return since nothing came from it.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

as soon as kara got 'killed off' i knew she'd be back. and i even knew that she'd 'mysteriously reappear with word of earth' there's post around here somewhere with that theory, i'm just too lazy to go and find it

things happen for a reason. i will give rdm credit, he does manage to avoid many of the cliches and seems to go out of his way to do just the opposite of what'd you'd expect him to do. but sometimes he plays the cliche card. and kara returning with word of earth was just....there.

Despite the fan outcry and the screams for lynching , i knew that she wasn't going to stay dead. baltar's position as 'head antagonist' has altered, so they need another one. and, from day one, they've hinted at kara knowing more than she thinks she knows. from the painting of the malstrom to her uncanny piloting skills to her ability to survive.

razor, it'd be nothing standing on its own. put the movie out there and people would be going 'eh???'

but it's basically a collection of 'missing scenes' or 'stuff left on the cutting room floor' from season three. stuff they hinted at or suggested adn finally made canon.

we know, morally, how far cain fell in her quest to survive. adn we got to see that descent. i do think it lacked a bit of punch though shortened to 2 hours and suffering from 'yeah, knew that was gonna happen'

If you could go back in time, it coudl habve been interesting to see BSG and Razor airing concurrently, with separate but intertwined episodes happening. that way the sense of suspense could be kept and revelations like gina and cain would have had that gobsmack moment rather than a 'hah! knew it!!'
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I saw the DVD in Target. The frakkin' thing is $22.99! This is just for a movie. It's not even a boxset or nothing. Just to see a few scenes we didn't get to see on Sci-Fi? What a frakkin' ripoff. Skiffy has got some nerve. Well....it's not worth buying for me.
                sigpic
                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

it's 19.99 at some other places. best buy has extra footage (an exclusive thing) at their store

hastings has it at 19.99 so to heck with target, check out the other places.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justinkb View Post
                    I'm surprised no one noticed this big plothole:

Spoiler:

When Starbuck, Shaw etc are about to enter the room where they experimented on the humans, we hear the hybrid speech. He says, talking about the 7 human form cylons we know (except the ones revealed in the season three finale), "the seven, now six self-described machines", referring, presumably, to D'Anna Biers being "boxed"). However, this doesn't happen until way after RAZOR takes place, in the episode "Rapture" of season 3. Major goof imo.
                    I can't remember that bit specifically, and at first glance I'd agree, however since it's the hybrid saying this, it could be taken as the hybrid speaking of things to come, prophesising, you might say- what he said of Kara was of things yet to come, there's no reason this wouldn't be as well. The hybrids speak in nonsense and clues of the future, so there's no reason not to think that that was what this hybrid was doing here, therefore it isn't a plothole, if you look at it that way.

Got my copy of the DVD today, haven't watched the actual movie yet, but I have to say, while still not entirely stellar, the menu art is certainly a vast improvement over past BSG releases. And I love the cover- didn't vote for this one, but now I'm glad that it won, it looks really lovely, and there's a nice picturey part when opening the velcroed section of the slip case. Plus it came with a little BSG calendar at future shop.

I paid $22.99CDN plus tax, which I thought was pretty decent- especially if that's equal to what the US price is. (since when does that ever happen?) Most movies here are $25.99.

Comment

i got mine at best buy. 19.99 with a bonus disc...which i haven't stuck in the player yet

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i got mine at best buy. 19.99 with a bonus disc...which i haven't stuck in the player yet
                        Nice! Let us know what's on it.....unfortunately my town's Best Buy is still at the not-having-a-roof stage, last time I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by justinkb View Post
                          I'm surprised no one noticed this big plothole:

Spoiler:

When Starbuck, Shaw etc are about to enter the room where they experimented on the humans, we hear the hybrid speech. He says, talking about the 7 human form cylons we know (except the ones revealed in the season three finale), "the seven, now six self-described machines", referring, presumably, to D'Anna Biers being "boxed"). However, this doesn't happen until way after RAZOR takes place, in the episode "Rapture" of season 3. Major goof imo.
                          He sees the future essentially. "This has all happened before and will happen again and again and again."

They mixed in bits of "future" stuff that we (having already seen season 3) would know took place like he said with additional predictions we haven't seen yet on purpose.

Comment

i wonder if gina couldve actually killed cain. she killed those other guards/officers there quickly but when she got to cain she stopped/hesitated and couldnt do it and cain obviously saw that. so we also get to see how cain treats ppl who give mercy to her. of course this mercy was gone gina after the resurrection ship ep where she kills cain

i wonder what the wings of the angel are that the hybrid says as the way they wil get to the promised land? the only angel we know about is the one inside baltar's head and she has the ability to appear in the real world thru unknown means i wonder if the 4 or the 6 can get into baltar's head and get taken to earth that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Thanks for the tip Skydiver. I'll check it out.
                              sigpic
                              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Personally I am hoping the wings of angle will be those being we sure in the original Galactica, they sought of look likes angles with out wings.

But this moore we talking about so it probably be you idea, sadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X