Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:lol I have to admit...I will be getting the DVD too.....the 4th season looks to be a
    interesting final season...
    Last edited by dec55; 25 November 2007, 07:27 AM.
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tain View Post
      Its shown in the razor flashback where Adama and the old centurion plummet to the ground. When the centurion is de-gunned, he flicks his wrist and a sword thing slides out.
      The original series Cylons carried swords

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      This was so boring that I actually fell asleep. BSG is and has always been a cure for insomonia
      Kara Starbuck Thrace will lead the humans to their destruction! WTF!?! Most of it was a big Yawn

Comment

The pacing was all over the place, found it really hard to keep focus, it was so dull and disjointed. It just seemed like a really drawn out episode to me, and not a good one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by CaldwellForce View Post
          The original series Cylons carried swords

Kara Starbuck Thrace will lead the humans to their destruction! WTF!?! Most of it was a big Yawn
          :lol I think Glen Larson abused his own creation with Galactica 1980 and the
          last half of BSGTOS's only season......remember the singing robot duo in face paint?
          Classic..:lol

Razor was excellent, and it seemed to go too fast. Definitely going to get the DVD.
          Last edited by dec55; 25 November 2007, 01:30 PM.
          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I agree with many of the comments here. I liked it but I thought it went to fast, the story rushed. From the sounds of things, the extended version makes it feel a bit more cohesive.

The Quizno's recaps were great comic relief, I thought. "you just learned that Gina and Cain were lovers...." duh dum dummm

While i enjoyed it, Razor wasn't enough to pull me back into the BSG world. I can still *wait* for it to come back on where as last year, I couldn't wait.

Go Figure.

Comment

Maybe it was just BSG withdrawal, but I thought this was pretty good episode. Not the best, but very good nonetheless. It proves once again that thoughtful writing and complex characters makes great sci-fi and great TV.

Michelle Forbes was her usual magnificent self as Admiral Cain. I liked that the episode gave her character more depth and history behind her madness. I wasn't entirely happy that they had to choose an ultra-masculine cold-blooded admiral to be the token lesbian character, but it did add another dimension to her character and the Gina betrayal provided another motive for her turn to the dark side. And Forbes' reaction to learning about Gina's true nature was exceptional acting on her part.

I also enjoyed Stephanie Jacobsen as Kendra Shaw. This was her show and she carried it well. By the end, you were rooting for her and it was sad to see her go.

As for the last few minutes, all I have to say is I can't wait for April.
              Last edited by apollo123; 25 November 2007, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I've seen Razor twice now (as I tend to do w/ most episodes of BSG). I liked it and thought it served its purpose as well as can be expected. Razor was definitely a fan-targeted episode, allowing us to see details of Cain and Peguses' crew's fall from humanity, and to further the mythology aspect of the show via the rescue mission and Adam's flashback. Definitely didn't win the show new fans, but thats not the point.

Disclosure: although I grew up w/ the originals series (both of them), I never liked anything to do with it. It was, to me, dull and silly. I at first dismissed the new series because of it, until I saw "33" on scifi.com. I was hooked, and continue to be so, despite some aspects that I am weary of - a few pointless stand alone episodes in s3 and the never-ending 4-way love thing.

I'm eager for s4 and more answers to the whole mythological aspect. Especially after what the hybrid said to Kendra.

Also, Its hard to comprehend how many people waste their time on this board to try and crap on what most people here love. Seriously, I hated the OC but I never trolled their fansite message boards to try and "convert" people to my viewpoint. Go get a job!

Comment

nothing special
                  Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                  They had to fake the ratings
                  They had to fake the ratings.
                  Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

I loved it. I've already put this up on the other razor thread but i thought seeing cain again was great and i can totally understand now why she turned out being the way she was. Kendra shaw was also a great character and i thought it was excellent seeing apollo in command of the pegasus again as well as the old style cylon raiders and centurians. I've re-watched it about 6 times now and i've enjoyed it every time.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Awesometastic.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Just watched it and enjoyed every minute of it, can't wait for it to come out on DVD, especially HD DVD. Also hope they release the soundtrack.

Anyway, I noticed a minor plot hole.

SPOILERS for Razor and Season 3

Spoiler:
                        When we first hear about the Hybrids in Torn, Baltar basically doesn't know about them. Let when they bring in the old Raider onto the Pegasus flight deck, Sharon talks about the Cylon Hybrid and even tells them what they are used for. While Baltar wasn't there, I would seriously doubt that he wasn't told about them given that his position. And I can't believe that he would simply forget about them given his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by trakal View Post
                          Just watched it and enjoyed every minute of it, can't wait for it to come out on DVD, especially HD DVD. Also hope they release the soundtrack.

Anyway, I noticed a minor plot hole.

SPOILERS for Razor and Season 3

When we first hear about the Hybrids in Torn, Baltar basically doesn't know about them. Let when they bring in the old Raider onto the Pegasus flight deck, Sharon talks about the Cylon Hybrid and even tells them what they are used for. While Baltar wasn't there, I would seriously doubt that he wasn't told about them given that his position. And I can't believe that he would simply forget about them given his abilities.
                          no cos remeber kendra was the only one to see the hybrid. Adama didn't ever truly find out what was going on and baltar wasn't there when he told the others about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey
                            Too much of a stereotypical strong dyke lesbian thing, that's what Cain was, a big cartoon character.
                            gotta disagree with that. The lesbian thing was not a big thing. It was good that they had it. It showed the vulnerability in cain and even some of her later actions but it was not a big point. The point is that she was a career military admiral who basically tried doing her job the only way she knew how and along the way ended up on a sort of revenge trip.

Comment

i thought there was enough potential material to have a fresh story and not have to use flashbacks to explain the journey of the pegasus, the only flashback that i felt was warranted and vital to the storyline was Adama's, the pegasus's journey IMHO was a story enough, start to finish

Comment

well to be honest they could have made two movies that linked in together but hey, they can only have one and i loved seeing the peggy and cain again, and even fisk and thorne.

Comment

Working...
                                X