This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Othere View Post
    If you watch the pilot you will see that he did leave part of the fleet behind - those without FTL drives.
    That was Lee and Roslin though. Not Bill.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Been out on a night out with friends... quite drunk at the moment but...

I was watching Razor earlier tonight Episode 1. There is a character called 'HOSHE' if that's how you spell his name??

Well got in, intoxicated and carried on watching Episode 1 of Razor

HOSHE (appears) to get killed when Pegasus is still commanded by Ensign Roe (STNG), just before she slaps the new Razor bird after the 1st Cylon attack.

Later on (present) Lee Adama orders nukes to be fired at the museum piece cylon Basestar and Dad argues with him. Lee askes none other than HOSHE to do it. It's the exact same HOSHE fella!!!

Was HOSHE killed earlier because it looked that way to me??? Only explanation is that if he is arming nukes in the present and he was killed earlier then is he the final cylon??

I so hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Hoshi was just knocked out ....and at the time cain didn't have the time to make a better effort to wake him
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hi there, just finished watching Razor.
          It is a filler extra long ep. not really a story on it's own, but I think that wasnt what they wanted to achieve with it. I liked it, although I can imagine when you get your hopes up too high, it fails to please allot of viewers.
          Did like the old skool feeling to it

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
            Hi there, just finished watching Razor.
            It is a filler extra long ep. not really a story on it's own, but I think that wasnt what they wanted to achieve with it. I liked it, although I can imagine when you get your hopes up too high, it fails to please allot of viewers.
            Did like the old skool feeling to it
            Razor probably would have been a lot better without the "meanwhile in the present" side of it actually. Just making it entirely about the Pegasus before they met Galactica would have probably made it flow a lot better and that encounter with the old style Cylon ship and hybrid could have just been something Cain and company did.

I know that when I was watching it I tended to want the present parts to just hurry up and get back to the flashbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
              Razor probably would have been a lot better without the "meanwhile in the present" side of it actually. Just making it entirely about the Pegasus before they met Galactica would have probably made it flow a lot better and that encounter with the old style Cylon ship and hybrid could have just been something Cain and company did.

I know that when I was watching it I tended to want the present parts to just hurry up and get back to the flashbacks.
              I'm guessing that the events of them meeting the "old" cylons and Adama's involvement and intimate knowledge of 40-yr-old happenings is important. If it had only been the Pegasus crew the impact to s4 would be less.

Again, just guessing.

Also, could be that they didn't think the story would do well without some Galactica cast (not my opinion, but a thought).

Comment

I just saw Razor again and I seem to want more and more Cain .

Comment

Made a Sig with the Razor theme. Thats how much I loved this movie.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    I just saw Razor again and I seem to want more and more Cain .
                    I credit the actress for this. I don't think Cain would have been nearly as interesting without Forbes' acting behind her.

I remember a lot of people complained about the idea that they were going to make Cain female in the remake, myself nearly being one of them, then there were the complaints about her being too young.

It worked though. I'd have to say that of all the portrayals I've seen of "tough female military leaders" in shows like B5, Star Trek, Farscape or Stargate Cain's really on a whole nother level in terms of authenticity. She's the only one out of all them that really convinced me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                      I credit the actress for this. I don't think Cain would have been nearly as interesting without Forbes' acting behind her.

I remember a lot of people complained about the idea that they were going to make Cain female in the remake, myself nearly being one of them, then there were the complaints about her being too young.

It worked though. I'd have to say that of all the portrayals I've seen of "tough female military leaders" in shows like B5, Star Trek, Farscape or Stargate Cain's really on a whole nother level in terms of authenticity. She's the only one out of all them that really convinced me.
                      Forbes' portrayal of Cain is brilliant. She's ruthless, she's brutal, she's scary, and yet I still like her. As I watched Razor I hated where she was going because I liked her! Scary isn't it? That's all Michelle Forbes. I can completely believe why the Pegasus officers followed her as deep as they did. She's one hell of a leader and it does require a great performance to pull that off. Simply making her despicable would be too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        Forbes' portrayal of Cain is brilliant. She's ruthless, she's brutal, she's scary, and yet I still like her. As I watched Razor I hated where she was going because I liked her! Scary isn't it? That's all Michelle Forbes. I can completely believe why the Pegasus officers followed her as deep as they did. She's one hell of a leader and it does require a great performance to pull that off. Simply making her despicable would be too easy.
                        I agree. I liked her to, after Razor I even pitied her, what she'd become because of her past catching up with her like that. Yes she became a monster, there's no real arguing that anymore, but the path that led her there was so sad and so human.

I'll confess that Baltar's role in her death played no small part in switching me over into hating him. Mainly because it seemed that at the time she was killed she was actually begining to turn a corner to perhaps some measure of eventual redemption.

I've got to say that would have at least made for a more interesting season three arc than that "who's starbuck banging this week" thing; and if Cain had to shoot starbuck for insubordination at some point in there to show how the path to redemption isn't always such an easy one, well that would be a-ok with me to.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          The only thing I like in BSG is Cain. She is amazing and better than anyone .

Comment

meh, the only tragic part about her execution was that instead of it being at the hands of Adama & co. following a due trial for war crimes & what not, it was at the hands of someone who in the end turned out to be just as malevolent as her if not worse (Gina) so yeah Baltar screwed up big time (more so with that nuke - what the hell was he thinking lol). ultimately it was a senseless death

btw IMO her minions didn't follow her because of the leader she was, they followed her mostly because they lacked a spine (starting with Fisk) so she browbeat them into submission (and hey most of the colonial troopers haven't exactly shown free will so far - it's almost like they're programmed to obey, more like cylon centurions :-)

Comment

Baltar is wreckless, I just dont get what hes up to most of the times. He is meant to be a man of science for the love of the gods.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                                meh, the only tragic part about her execution was that instead of it being at the hands of Adama & co. following a due trial for war crimes & what not, it was at the hands of someone who in the end turned out to be just as malevolent as her if not worse (Gina) so yeah Baltar screwed up big time (more so with that nuke - what the hell was he thinking lol). ultimately it was a senseless death

btw IMO her minions didn't follow her because of the leader she was, they followed her mostly because they lacked a spine (starting with Fisk) so she browbeat them into submission (and hey most of the colonial troopers haven't exactly shown free will so far - it's almost like they're programmed to obey, more like cylon centurions :-)
                                I've wondered before how things might have gone differently on Pegasus had there been someone like Tigh, Helo or Lee around. You're dead on about the spineless cast of underlings Cain had working for her. She never would have managed to pull half the stuff she did had she not had so many willing lackies to help carry out her every order no matter how increasingly crazy they got. Adama even talks about this. About how he never went down that road maybe because he knew there were just too many people around him he'd have to face after he did.

We know from last week's ep that the colonial fleet does have a section of the rulebook that allows for the commanding officer to be relieved and presumably brigged if they start going bat****. So the means to get rid of Cain without resorting to something like murder was not only available but the duty of her subordinates to carry out. In not doing so they neglected their duty as colonial officers in not relieving a commanding officer who had obviously lost her grip on reason.

It's also worth pointing out that Shaw was in some ways just as bad as Cain. Even Fisk was begining to doubt things when Cain ordered them to kill those civillians and you could see that maybe this was finally going to be the line he wouldn't cross but then Shaw starts the massacre off.

Her I don't get. I get why Cain went nuts, I don't get her.

Comment

Working...
                                X