Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the movie. It didn't have as much space battles as I thought it would but what very little they showed was good. Seeing the original (close enough) Cylons was awesome. "By your command"

The thing that got me - and what really kills me most about BSG - is the way they try so hard to make the Colonial Soldiers seem so hard core without having any idea wtf they're talking about. like how they keep saying "...if you can do that, you become a razor" or w/e - it's complete rubbish. They even gave Starbuck a line at the end that said exactly that. It made the whole thing seem pointless.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      anyway...what's the deal with that old cylon hybrid being seemingly omniscient ? sure the show's had its fair share of mysticism in the past (and personally I don't mind an a priori Sci-fi show going Sci-fi-fantasy as I like both genres), but to that extent ?
      Well we don't know yet if he's right. And even if he is, it doesn't necessarily make him omniscient. He may know something about Starbuck that we don't know. He may know who (or what) she really is. Also the whole theme of history repeating itself could be part of a greater plan implemented by someone/something else. The hybrid might be part of that plan.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo123
        Well we don't know yet if he's right. And even if he is, it doesn't necessarily make him omniscient. He may know something about Starbuck that we don't know. He may know who (or what) she really is.
        yeah but the thing is starbuck wasn't the only one, for example he knew kendra's name & her past quite well (almost like he could read thoughts - perhaps that's one of the hybrids' abilities in addition to speaking in metaphors -)

Comment

Battlestar Galactica: Razor will be blasting onto DVD on the 26th December 2007 unravelling the long awaited truth behind the saga.
          Serving as a prelude to the release of season 4, Razor takes us back in time to tell the epic story of the doomed 'Battlestar Pegasus' and the desperate survivors of that ship.

Check out www.razorchallenge.co.uk for more about the DVD, exclusive clips, images and challenges or visit the official site www.battlestargalacticarazor.co.uk

Comment

It seems a little better than the series but the story is preety much pointless. And in my point of view a movie with so many flashbacks doesn't show character development it just fills in the gaps between the present time so the movie is more larger. And i know the hero stuff is overated in our days but filling the movie with to many antiheroes isn't good either. Overall it isn't the worst movie ever but not that great either.
            sigpic

Comment

i cannot believe ppl think starbuck is a cylon its too obvious my guess is it will be a character who has already died, ellen or kendra anyone

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

i don't think starbuck is a cylon. it's too easy. I do think that she coudl have been the first hybrid. The first half cylon/half human. which would explain her memories.

I don't think the fifth cylon is dead, it's someone that's alive and part of the crew.

commander adama could be a possibility. since he was on that planet and saw the experiments, what he could be remembering is implanted memories to explain his presence, and he's really a skin job.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

and if starbuck was teh cylon, that'd defuse the mind freak she'll have when seh realizes she married a skin job, so she has to be human

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I don't think the fifth cylon is dead, it's someone that's alive and part of the crew.
                    No but imagine the reaction of characters and the public when a long dead character walks through the door.. thats what i think the writers will aim for

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

Comment

when is the rest of the season showed

Comment

the rest of the season airs after the first of the year. march i think...probably right after sga ends so they can have 23 weeks of 'all new' programming (10 of sga, 13 eps of bsg)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                          when is the rest of the season showed
                          the rest of the season airs after the first of the year. march i think...probably right after sga ends so they can have 23 weeks of 'all new' programming (10 of sga, 13 eps of bsg)
                          as of right now (according to scifi stream (show status)

ON HOLD. The first 10 episodes of Season Four have been produced, and are expected to begin airing in April. The rest of the final, 20-episode season is on hold due to the Writer's Guild of America strike.
                          but hey anything is possible ....like it has been said before season 4 could air on NBC becuase of the writers strike.

http://www.scifistream.com/story.php...---_We_Mean_It

Comment

but i thought s4 of bsg was only 13 eps?

or did scifi originally only want 13 but moore compromised and said 'end it after s4 but gimme 20'

sigpic

Comment

but i thought s4 of bsg was only 13 eps?

or did scifi originally only want 13 but moore compromised and said 'end it after s4 but gimme 20'
                              I don't think it was ever going to be thirteen- the number was always twenty, with the season airing in two blocks of ten. It's just that there are only thirteen of the twenty eps made so far.

I think thirteen was more a number that fans were throwing around- hoping for two more thirteen ep seasons.

Comment

not sure if any1 has mentioned this yet but i just spotted a major goof... when the cylon board and kendra realises that gina is a cylon , they just they all the toasters on the ship didn't even mentioned how they were defeated

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X