This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asgard4eva View Post
    The Cylons make crap villains, the CGI isn't great and they have become even less menacing than those lame cylons from the original Larson series that walked around in tincan suits. Yes they pulled off the Pearl Harbor style attacks but since then they have been crap villians. The sexbots want to make Kara Starbuck a mommy in space or shack up with Baltar/Helo, they got their butts kicked on NewCaprica by football jocks, and they didn't exactly do a good job of pursuing and attacking the fleet? Tigh's progression with his suicide bombing by having redheaded guy taking out new cops, the show started taking further the full Iraq/Palestine analogue and pushing the RonPaul idea that America not muslim terrorists was responsible for 911. The whole New Caprica arc made them look like idiots, colonial suicide bombers vs doral sucide bombers and the pathetic soap arc with Leoben wanting to give Kara Starbuck babies have now have become the least enjoyed element of the series.

Both the humans and the cylons are badly written for the sake of shock-jock television.
    If you hate BSG so much, why post in a BSG forum? Let us guys who do like it, watch it, whilst you and your anti-BSG friends ignore it and quit getting so wound up over something so trivial.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      If you hate BSG so much, why post in a BSG forum? Let us guys who do like it, watch it, whilst you and your anti-BSG friends ignore it and quit getting so wound up over something so trivial.
      BOOOYAH!!
      sigpic

Comment

To the original idea, I have long wondered if the actual idea behind the series wasn't something to do with racism. IE: the Cylons hate humans and the humans hate Cylons even though we are both very similar at this point. Way back before the whole New Caprica thing I seriously thought the ending of the series would be with the breaking of barriers and the peaceful coexistence of both. That seems less likely now, though there seems to be at least a small fraction of Cylons still pursuing this goal.

If that were the case though then yeah, there would actually be a faction of Cylons that could be considered good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard4eva View Post

Both the humans and the cylons are badly written for the sake of shock-jock television.

They have a plan

Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
          They had to fake the ratings
          They had to fake the ratings.
          Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Working...
          X