This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    I am curious though - Eick says that Olmos has commented on the possible end of the show before. When exactly was that? I never remember him saying that. Is Eick pulling a fast one?
    I was thinknig that too. I have NEVER seen him come out and say "this is the last season". To me Eick is lying and just trying to cover up the fact that they don't really know. I'm hoping this isn't the last "season" and that there will be a miniseries "season 5" of 6ish episodes.

Comment

As long as they end it properly by whenever it does end I'll be satisfied. If that's by episode 22 of seaon 4, so be it. It's not the kind of show you can really leave hanging though, so I hope they don't.

Too many really good shows have died recently. It seems like it's getting even harder than usual for Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows to stay on the air for long runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        Now that's just painful.
        Very painful. Not only do we have to wait a long-ass time before Season 4 even starts. Now it looks like it won't wrap up until late next year? That is just cruel IMO. It I was just a casual viewer of the show, I wouldn't even bother tuning in next season.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, only painful for people living in the US....everyone else gets to see it in one go
          Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
          Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
            "Whether or not BSG ends 22 episodes from now is a big question mark, however, when the fourth season finale airs in late 2008,
            Spoiler:
            it will conclude the search for Earth."
            If that were the case then we would be expecting a 5th season, because

Spoiler:
            RDM has specifically said that BSG won't finish with them "just finding Earth" and will (thankfully) deal with the aftermath of that discovery and actually conclude the whole story with a bit more than "hey, look...!"

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
              Well, only painful for people living in the US....everyone else gets to see it in one go
              I highly doubt that.....

Comment

Originally posted by silver_blue View Post

Spoiler:
                RDM has specifically said that BSG won't finish with them "just finding Earth" and will (thankfully) deal with the aftermath of that discovery and actually conclude the whole story with a bit more than "hey, look...!"
                Maybe the spoilery bit will be explored in a post-series miniseries? Start BSG with a 4 episode miniseries, end it with the same. That could work nicely.

On a related topic, I haven't heard anything about Caprica recently. What are the odds that skiffy will actually develop the series, especially with Moore and Eick working on other projects?

Comment

Originally posted by silver_blue View Post

Spoiler:
                  Yeah it won't end like Voyager. But they could do something like a miniseries. I think this will be the last full season and Eick is just hiding the fact they are in talks to finish it up with a miniseries.

Comment

Or they could just start the first half of the season with them getting to earth and end the second half wrapping it up.

Comment

Originally posted by jmw326 View Post
                      Or they could just start the first half of the season with them getting to earth and end the second half wrapping it up.
                      Not likely- at least I didn't get that impression from various RDM interviews, not to mention that it's too late; RDM stated several weeks ago that the first eight episodes had been broken/written, so by now they'll be at mid-season or later.

Comment

I'm guessing the series will end when they reach Earth, and they probably will have a miniseries (hope we don't have to wait too long) showing how the arrive at Earth and make contact or something.

Also I'm guessing in the last few episodes several characters are going to die and they have one giant confrontation with the Cylons and end up using the virus from season 3 before reaching Earth.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deathskull View Post
                          well i suppose time to break out the petitions better croos out sg-1 and write on bsg
                          No, it's not. It's time to prepare the funeral and say goodbye. We've all seen what happens when a show is renewed past its prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            I highly doubt that.....
                            Canada or UK will pick it up and everybody else will have seen the series finale MONTHS before the US because of Sci-Fi being retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                              Canada or UK will pick it up and everybody else will have seen the series finale MONTHS before the US because of Sci-Fi being retarded
                              The UK maybe. But not at all likely. I think SG-1 was more an excpetion to the norm, and the whole reason for Atlantis in Canada first something specific to the channel that it's on, which is NOT the same channel as BSG. SPACE is pretty much bound to SCI-FI's rules. They had to completely re-arrange their entire schedule after the switch to Sunday's because they weren't allow to air episodes even a day early. Getting the show here first? Not. A. Chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
                                I'm guessing the series will end when they reach Earth, and they probably will have a miniseries (hope we don't have to wait too long) showing how the arrive at Earth and make contact or something.

Also I'm guessing in the last few episodes several characters are going to die and they have one giant confrontation with the Cylons and end up using the virus from season 3 before reaching Earth.
                                Yeah sounds like the finale for enterprise. "Hey, it is the finale ya know. Jee, lets kill off a main character. Of course we could go all out, but na, lets just kill off one. And hey, lets do it in the lamest way possible."

In my opinion I think that the whole Starbuck returning and saying she found the road to Earth was just their way of creating some kinda safety net, so if the show doesn't get renewed for a fifth season they jump right into Earths orbit. And avoid any puzzling looks and "Hey, where did that come from?"

And if they do get renewed, they could always stretch out the storylines a couple episodes longer, possibly create some new ones, add a few plot twists, through in a battlestar here or there, even make Lorne Green the fifth cylon. Who knows.

But hey, don't worry. Be happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X