X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lords of Kobol (spoilers for late S3)

Okay here's what my brother thinks.

'The 12 lords of Kobol, each of them divinities of sorts and gods if you will, had a way of communicating with humankind and it was by presenting themselves as almost human - and with advanced technology they managed to possess 12 hybrid bodies so that they could take control of Kobol and everyone on it. However, something happened there which resulted in the deaths of hundreds and the 12 lords left for the 12 colonies - and another, the mythical 13th tribe, left for their own planet.

Afterwards, 5 lords of Kobol, perhaps the leaders of the gods (and why the temple on that world was called the Temple of Five), foresaw the destruction of the 12 colonies and knew that their human bodies could not live that long, and so they being gods, planned out where their bodies could be reborn and grow to be in a strong position where they could save the last of humanity from this destruction and lead them to sanctuary - leaving clues around space to guide them to a 'switch' that tells them who they are so that they could lead the way to Earth 4,000 years later, waiting for them in the Ionian Nebula (featured in Crossroads part 2).

So eventually the bodies of the 12 gods died and they returned to spirit form, watching over humanity from the 'Opera House'. Thousands of years passed and the cylons were created, they rebelled, they evolved.....or did they? Or did they simply uncover the advanced technology that housed the 12 hybrid bodies of the 12 gods on Kobol, explaining their presence there in season one, and use these bodies to infiltrate the 12 colonies and destroy them.

But 5 hybrid bodies were missing, for these of the leaders were not 'made' as the others were, no, they would be born as humans, risen as humans, and they would be humans in all of their glory, and they would save humanity from destruction.'

Saul, Galen, Sam and Tory....leaving one lord still unaccounted for. I don't think it's Kara. It could be whatever being as manifested itself in either Caprica Six's or Baltar's head...or even the one who helped Kara die in 'Maelstrom'. This theory is just basic and doesn't explain everything, but there's still a season of secrets and answers to be revealed - and a movie to provide some even more so.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Well Mapp, I like the idea, old chap.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Not that far away from what I'm thinking. There has to be some link between the 13 models of Cylon and the the 12+1 Colonies. Duh! But what exactly...?

I'm just hoping it's inspired writing and not convoluted as was so often the case in S3.
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

i know we have the 4 from the watchtower... and one obvious choice for the last would be kara... but what abt roslin... she like the phrases "save out existential asses" just as much as the cylons like to say it... who knows... maybe a connection..
        ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

This thread just got attacked by a resurrection ship.

Get it?

sigpic

Comment

oh ha ha...

here's an idea....

there isn't just one cylon to be revealed... but 2! one final one of the 12 and final 5, and a last "head cylon" to signify earth... just a random idea.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              Okay here's what my brother thinks.

'The 12 lords of Kobol, each of them divinities of sorts and gods if you will, had a way of communicating with humankind and it was by presenting themselves as almost human - and with advanced technology they managed to possess 12 hybrid bodies so that they could take control of Kobol and everyone on it. However, something happened there which resulted in the deaths of hundreds and the 12 lords left for the 12 colonies - and another, the mythical 13th tribe, left for their own planet.

Afterwards, 5 lords of Kobol, perhaps the leaders of the gods (and why the temple on that world was called the Temple of Five), foresaw the destruction of the 12 colonies and knew that their human bodies could not live that long, and so they being gods, planned out where their bodies could be reborn and grow to be in a strong position where they could save the last of humanity from this destruction and lead them to sanctuary - leaving clues around space to guide them to a 'switch' that tells them who they are so that they could lead the way to Earth 4,000 years later, waiting for them in the Ionian Nebula (featured in Crossroads part 2).

So eventually the bodies of the 12 gods died and they returned to spirit form, watching over humanity from the 'Opera House'. Thousands of years passed and the cylons were created, they rebelled, they evolved.....or did they? Or did they simply uncover the advanced technology that housed the 12 hybrid bodies of the 12 gods on Kobol, explaining their presence there in season one, and use these bodies to infiltrate the 12 colonies and destroy them.

But 5 hybrid bodies were missing, for these of the leaders were not 'made' as the others were, no, they would be born as humans, risen as humans, and they would be humans in all of their glory, and they would save humanity from destruction.'

Saul, Galen, Sam and Tory....leaving one lord still unaccounted for. I don't think it's Kara. It could be whatever being as manifested itself in either Caprica Six's or Baltar's head...or even the one who helped Kara die in 'Maelstrom'. This theory is just basic and doesn't explain everything, but there's still a season of secrets and answers to be revealed - and a movie to provide some even more so.
              Excellent theory, but I would make one addition being that the 12 lords were once members of a ancient race who created machines who rebelled etc etc in much the same way that Humans did, this lead to there only being 12 survivors stumbled across Humans living on Kobol and lived among them... from here things progress much like your theory.

The addition explains the repeated references of
              all this has happened before and all this will happen again
              Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
              i know we have the 4 from the watchtower... and one obvious choice for the last would be kara... but what abt roslin... she like the phrases "save out existential asses" just as much as the cylons like to say it... who knows... maybe a connection..
              Never considered Roslin interesting...

Get it?
              HAHAHAHAHA yes very clever
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Get it?
                Ha? Ha?

*is laughing on the inside, she swears*
                Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X