X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Baltar on Trail?

Why is Baltar on trial at all?

Didn't Roslin declare an amnesty in "Collaborators"?

This is from http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Collaborators

"Laura Roslin is re-inaugurated as the President of the Twelve Colonies, and issues a decree of amnesty against all alleged collaborators, after it is privately revealed that Zarek authorized the trials and sentences conducted by the Circle in an attempt to protect Roslin from having to deal with months of public trials which could destroy the unity of the Fleet through highly publicized "witch hunts".
    In place of the trials, Roslin announces a commission on "truth and reconciliation", to record the history of the occupation for posterity"

My bold
    Last edited by Tanduay; 24 March 2007, 10:47 AM. Reason: my fracking typing

I didn't know he was on any trails...

If you mean Trial, well he's on trial because he was the head of the collaborator government and he supposedly actively sought the destruction of the human race etc....

Comment

The fact that Baltar left New Caprica with the Cylons instead of with the humans is probably a huge factor. He's only on trial because they captured him ...not because he chose to be with them. Probably, as far as they are concerned...he's chosen to side with the Cylons.

Comment

I have thought about this, and the only conclusion I can come up with is that her amnesty only applied to those in the fleet at that time, which Baltar was not in the fleet anymore. I do agree its a grey area she created by granting the amnesty, and would largely depend on the exact wording of her presidential order and who it applied to.

Comment

Working...
        X