Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katee Sackhoff interview, About the rumors ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wallpaperman View Post
    People said the same when RDA left SG-1 and the show continued to work.
    Yeah.... right..... and the ratings went to hell and the quality of the show went to hell and oh yeah it was canceled after 2 seasons!

Your opinion, not everyones.

And people compare "no one is safe" on the show to Lost, that's bull. Lost hasn't killed any truely major charater. In the first and second season it was clear who would die and in the second they wrote in new charaters just to kill them. Kate, Sawyer or Jack will not die on the show. However BSG no one is safe literally. Starbuck could very well be truely dead, that's something Lost would never even think to do with Kate.

And someone needs to interview Moore because last time someone asked about Starbuck in season four his reply was "We don't have a season four yet".

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman View Post
      People said the same when RDA left SG-1 and the show continued to work.
      But, well that's a real bad idea from the producers to put her away ... even if it is needed on the script, there are always other ways to do things.
      And in terms of marketing, that's a suicide.
      It just doesn't make sense to me, because so much of the drama and the grittiness of the series comes from her character. Still, the show has made hard left turns before...

I'd miss her. She's the character to which I most identify, and no way would I feel comfortable with her being a Cylon! Anyway, wouldn't the Cylons have figured that out? They've had her prisoner twice.
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
        Yeah, my opinion. No need to be agressive.
        Gilles
        http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
        Ben Browder interview
        Beau Bridges interview

Comment

To be honnest, I find Kara annoying! So if she dies, I wouldn't really care. (And since she is not with Lee, we don't need her anymore!)
          I juste Hope they'll keep Baltar! (if they cut Baltar, it would cut most of the scenes with #Six)

Anyway we'll see!
          All good things must come to an end...
          Canada Rule!!!

Comment

Talk about character assassination with Starbuck. Yet, another independent female lead character axed from the show. Perhaps if she was written to be more stereotypically co-dependent as Dualla then maybe Kara would still be with the series.

Without the dramatic juice supplied by the character of Starbuck, the best this show could come to nearly match would be to out Dee as a cylon. It would definitely add some short lived dramatic spark to the show, although in no way replacing what RDM has lost in destroying the fundamental chemistry of the show.

Comment

Yes she is being killed off because Moore is sexist and not for storyline reasons.

Comment

If Kara's demise were based on storyline reasons -it wouldn't happen - you don't kill off the 'chosen one', that makes for shoddy storyline plotting. You kill off Laura or Dee - both deaths would create huge emotional holes and killing the president would impact how the rest of the characters are driven plotwise.

Of your choices...what are we left with????

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
                  If Kara's demise were based on storyline reasons -it wouldn't happen - you don't kill off the 'chosen one', that makes for shoddy storyline plotting. You kill off Laura or Dee - both deaths would create huge emotional holes and killing the president would impact how the rest of the characters are driven plotwise.

Of your choices...what are we left with????
                  For all we know the President still can be the choosen one.

And she might only "die" aka Doctor Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy_Little_Muffin View Post
                    Ok, just curious, but has it been confirmed confirmed that she dies in Maelstorm? Or are the people saying she does just going on assumption?
                    well just my 2 cents

possible spoilers

Spoiler:
                    the trailer for the next episode at the end lee is SCREAMING no no no he partlcially crying is i think something bad happens
                    http://video.scifi.com/player.html?dlid=64703

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yes she is being killed off because Moore is sexist and not for storyline reasons.

LOL... I'm doubtful. Moore and Eick have created some of the most independantly strong female characters that television has seen in a long time (if not it some respects, ever). I think if she does die, which we don't know will happen, it's to further the story. Pointless deaths tend not to happen on BSG.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

All I have to say is there better be more Starbuck shooting down Raiders in her Viper before whatever is going to happen, happens. I'll be pretty if not.

Comment

All I can say is I hope it's not true. The tone and tenor of her interview was upsetting. It's like she's already boxed up BSG and has moved on from it mentally, which communicates to me that she is in fact done with the show (or the show is done with her); like she's put her BSG experiences in the past and is moving on with her life.

I was also intrigued by the adjectives she used for the different people...especially for Jamie. Methinks there was possibly some trouble we aren't privy to.

The thing is, Starbuck is pretty much my main interest in the show....that and Sharon's story. I've been less than impressed with most of this season to be honest; so if this truly is true, I'll probably be clicking the off button pretty soon.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

118 hours and change... and counting. Or thereabouts.
                            Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the bad "reputation" man, I appreciate
                              What's your problem?
                              Last edited by Wallpaperman; 28 February 2007, 01:27 AM.
                              Gilles
                              http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                              Ben Browder interview
                              Beau Bridges interview

Comment

You know, there is a chance that the contrived lack of information may be part of an elaborate hoax for a misdirect.

Yes, the interview is a concern - but it still carefully says nothing. And honestly, thinking about it, she is on hiatus, she has unlikely given the show a thought because she is currently reading for features or working on them. Everything she said can be taken in many different ways and not all of them = her leaving.

So there is hope. Panic not.
                                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X