This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The link between the colonies and the cylons... discussion

We've seen lots of stuff until now that was built way before the cylons were created, but still bears significance to them. and not only that but there are paralels between their God, the Final Five and the gods of the colonists.

Does anybody believe that there is indeed something spritual behind all this, or is there some kind of "fate and mysticism risen from technology", a la The Matrix. Why did the temple on the algae planet, built way way before the cylons, allow D'Anna to see the final five?

I may be slightly behind all you guys so if this has been discussed, please let me know .
    My heart beats in 13/8.

At the end of Rapture it becomes known that Kara Thrace (Starbuck) has been drawing the "Eye of Jupiter" for as long as she can remember. This is probably do to the assumed "time loop" where in the future after finding Earth they set out to settle the colonies and it happens again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by unruhbrady View Post
      At the end of Rapture it becomes known that Kara Thrace (Starbuck) has been drawing the "Eye of Jupiter" for as long as she can remember. This is probably do to the assumed "time loop" where in the future after finding Earth they set out to settle the colonies and it happens again and again.
      Wow was this "time loop" ever mentioned on the show?"
      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

This is the first I have heard of it. Never even considered a "time loop." Interesting.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

"this all has happened before, and will happen again and again and again"

something to that effect.
          Visit my Website

Comment

Then you're not really thinking of it as a time loop, but rather as a technological predisposition to recreating one's self over and over . Like digital fate.
            My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
              Why did the temple on the algae planet, built way way before the cylons, allow D'Anna to see the final five?
              We don't actually know who or what she saw... SHE certainly believes she saw the final five, but who knows. The humans believed the Eye of Jupiter would show them the five priests of the temple.

I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I do think there will be some significant link between the colonist and cylon religions/histories.

Comment

I would be disappointed if it would be a time-loop story. But I must admit I had the same thoughts...
                Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

The matrix has you...

Comment

I'm really interested in what people have to say about this stuff, so I will selfishly *bump* this thread, if no one minds.

We were told BSG wouldn't have any alien technology or time warps or anything like that, so there has to be something very different.
                    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
                      The matrix has you...
                      no it has everyone not just you any way
                      the bit about time loops was mentioned in another thread i'll put think this has spoilers for those who have not seen season 1 and 2

Spoiler:
                      http://www.thethoughts.co.uk/thoughts/battlestar-galactica

Comment

I've always suspected that when the cylons left after the first war they came across pre-colonial ruins or something and based their culture on that.

Ties in with my suspicion that the colonials cylons aren't the first iteration of artificial humans, that the colonials themselves were created by the people of kobal and they have just forgotten their history. The cylons just stumbled onto the originals.

Comment

The entire issue of polytheism (many gods) vs. monotheism (one god) is an important issue that can't be ignored...

It may represent a pagan vs. organized religion allegory...
                          SO SAY WE ALL
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X