Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, the nuke... forgot about the nuke... Still, we have the benefit of seeing what he went through leading up to that... he wasn't exactly the most stable of folks.

As for the self-sacrifice argument:
    Dying gets you off the hook. Question is: are you willing to live for your people?

Comment

I for one believe he will die, and wake up in the resurrection ship and find out that he isn't one of the Final 5, no, he is the Cylon God himself. A chip was put in his head, and it allowed him to be killed and moved into a Cylon body. He then finds out that Caprica 6 in his head was one of his ceraphim.
      http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
      The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star View Post
        So I guess those 9,000 (roughly) people who died when that nuclear bomb went off on Cloud 9 should feel pretty sorry for Baltar too...
        He was never linked to the nuke in the show. He was a really bad leader during a time that the cylons attacked. He was forced to sign the paper work that is the only proof of treason.
        Just because we know better dose not mean that it can be proven in the world of BSG. Baltar will walk and have a part in the show for some time... if there is a show.
        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by EnderSix View Post
          Don’t want to turn this thread into a fight but, just have a look in the history:
          Never heard that Robert Oppenheimmer was sentenced to death, yet the bombs he created killed millions...
          Never heard that Reagan was accused of treason, yet the guns he gave to Irak, where used and are still used against US military…
          Isn’t the guns industry saying “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people”, and selling thousands guns per year in the US, responsible for countless bloodshed.

>a real man dies before being the cause of others death.
          Yeah, I only wish to see that in real life and not just in movies or in books.
          and Baltar wasn't?
          let's think .. not only he DIDN'T warn others about Cylons in fleet - his detector worked, but he had a Cylon in his mind .. which guided him all along.

i don't care what it was .. only times he showed spine, was when he had nothing to lose. otherwise, he was ready he own mother (with all other members of human race) to save his own butt ...

some development ... sure ... great person ...

(argh ... i won't go further)
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

^^ Lemming with an attitude… you got to love that.
            Lemming Green to you!
            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Baltar is my hero.
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

He may be a pimp, a victim and all that.... But he gave a NUKE to someone/something that killed innocents with it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching his character work, but he was never cornered into giving away a nuke. There is no excuse for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chig View Post
                  He may be a pimp, a victim and all that.... But he gave a NUKE to someone/something that killed innocents with it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching his character work, but he was never cornered into giving away a nuke. There is no excuse for that.
                  I agree... Baltar bad. BUT there is still nothing in the show to link him to that nuke. With out that link there this point is mute, at least in the show.
                  Doze Out...

Comment

Working...
                  X