Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone please put this quad out of its misery and bring our show back to us. Please!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      Someone please put this quad out of its misery and bring our show back to us. Please!
      "Thank the Lords of Kobol for fast forward" (that's how i would describe last episode) ... but angsty looks at the end made me cry ... i was hoping it will end finally ... and then we get that emo scene ...

"Emostar : Galactica 90210" (i think this adds it up)
      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

My God why is it TPTB can write great stuff Like the Baltar/Roslin/Interrogation scenes from Last episode yet in the same episode we get stuck with the Lee/Dee/Kara/Anders days of our lives crap

it boogles my mind realy T_T

*prays Lee dies sometime soon so we can move on with the plot*

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you, but this Starbuck loves Apollo junk is driving me crazy. If I want a straight soap opera I will watch day time TV. Here is an idea, Ron Moore, let's get back to Sci-Fi. No more wonton looks of Apollo to Starbuck, Starbuck to Apollo, wishfull meetings. Get to earth, get back to the story. NO MORE SOAP OPERA. Hey here is an idea. LOOK FOR EARTH.

Comment

I am sorry for the rant, but I am really getting sick of this story line. Please stop with the Starbuck crap. I don't care who she loves, who Apollo loves, I don't even care if Joani loves Chachi. Get on with what made Galactica great. PLEASE!! For the frakin love of the GODS. Stop torturing us with internal stories, we know the characters, get on with the STORY. Point the fleet towards earth, and now that you have the Pegasus destroyed, the fleet dwindled down, find more ships, somehow. right now the fleet is nothing and all they can do is run like hell. If they at least run into a stray fleet with some firepower that will at least start making the story interesting. Please Mr. Moore, make me eat my words. Make me look like a fool. Make the plot twist facinating. Right now I don't look forward to watching every sunday night? I think watching reruns of Cop Rock would be a blessed event. Even having a Coloscopy might bring up a better plot line. Sexual tension can only be taken so far before priapism sets in, and in comes the ice packs. Here is to a day of soaking and watching season 1.

Comment

This is a character driven show first, plot driven second. You seem to be expecting it to be the other way around.

Comment

I agree with both of you...

I think that they have dragged the Starbuck/Apollo thing out WAY too long and that they should resolve it and get back to Fleet Matters...not just make more tension...but on the other hand the show is character driven...I'm interested to see how the Caprica Six character plays out now that she's on Galactica...

Comment

personally i'd have preffered the whole apollo-starbuck thing never have happend. or at least leave it til a later season. they should be just good friends. besides starbuck was frakking zak adama. being with lee is just plain icky!
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I don't know, I thought Eye of Jupiter/Rapture was about that whole Earth thing, but maybe that was just me...
                    "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

i got that impression too. there wasn't that much to do with leed/dee/kara/anders.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        This is a character driven show first, plot driven second. You seem to be expecting it to be the other way around.
                        BSG has always been a character driven show, but the problem from my standpoint is how the development has been written in the shippy quad. Good character development tends to make characters more interesting, complex, compelling and the plot tends to move the characters somewhere or give some sort of resolution. I don't think the shippy quad did this well. While I gained some more insight with Dee and Anders and their reasons for staying, Lee and Kara both devolved into selfish, indecisive, hurtful creatures. I found neither of them interesting or compelling - I couldn't wait until they were offscreen. And at the end it appears that we're back to square one - Lee wuvs Kara, Kara wuvs Lee, but neither of them will leave their marriages so everyone is miserable. Poor management, IMO. Still curious what RDM thinks of the whole thing but I haven't listened to the podcasts.

Best I can hope for right now is that the quad hits the backburner and we get to see the four doing their jobs without all the angst. I'm sure the damn thing is going to rear its ugly head again, and I'm certainly not looking forward to that.

Comment

Ya know, I've seen a couple of people implying that dislike of the "love quadrangle" implies a dislike of ALL character developmental/non "space battle" material on the show and frankly that baffles me. Can't folks dislike ONE ELEMENT of something without it meaning they dislike ALL elements of something? The Agathons are two (or three) of my favorite characters and I love learning more about them. I like Tyrol and all his various angsts. I'm particularly interested in what happened in the temple. I'd even be interested in learning about Kara's "big destiny." But what I am NOT interested in seeing is "who's frakking who when they wanna frak this other person" soapy scum that has been taking over the show of late. ONE ELEMENT of a multi-layered and fascinating show. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            Ya know, I've seen a couple of people implying that dislike of the "love quadrangle" implies a dislike of ALL character developmental/non "space battle" material on the show and frankly that baffles me. Can't folks dislike ONE ELEMENT of something without it meaning they dislike ALL elements of something? The Agathons are two (or three) of my favorite characters and I love learning more about them. I like Tyrol and all his various angsts. I'm particularly interested in what happened in the temple. I'd even be interested in learning about Kara's "big destiny." But what I am NOT interested in seeing is "who's frakking who when they wanna frak this other person" soapy scum that has been taking over the show of late. ONE ELEMENT of a multi-layered and fascinating show. That's all.

/signed

(that's exactly why i started this topic)
                            VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I don't mind character development at all. I liked Deep Space 9 and it turned into a great series. This, however is just simply dragging a bad plot line out. There are so many more areas he could be delving into, instead for 5 episodes we are still going nowhere with this "Quad" and he is wasting screen time on it, versus continuing the story. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                                BSG has always been a character driven show, but the problem from my standpoint is how the development has been written in the shippy quad. Good character development tends to make characters more interesting, complex, compelling and the plot tends to move the characters somewhere or give some sort of resolution. I don't think the shippy quad did this well. While I gained some more insight with Dee and Anders and their reasons for staying, Lee and Kara both devolved into selfish, indecisive, hurtful creatures.
                                But this isn't a show like Stargate where everyone is a Hero. Characters are meant to have their flaws, their ugly sides. That's what makes them real.

Comment

Working...
                                X