This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is a Cylon?

I once thought a cylon was the weird big headed alien or the chrome toasters of the old BSG. I then thought a Cylon was the 12 models in the new BSG. But now I am leaning towards the Cylon being a program that became self aware and is now the Cylon god. The 12 models are sub-programs created by the original program or ‘god’ and are not the bodies but the program. But this would lead me to several more questions though:
    - Were is the Cylon ‘god’?
    - Is he like Skynet from Terminator a little piece here and there or is there a computer tower the size of a building that is its home?
    - How many copies of the 12 models are there? Not the numerous amount of skin unites, the programs themselves.
    - Is there more copies of the programs for the 7 then there are of the 5?

I don’t expert an answer any time soon but would like a little more insight in to these things. Or at the least find out I am way off and have a answer that way.
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

From what I have seen, it does not seem to me that the Cylon God is a type of Cylon or anything that created the Cylon.

They always refere to God as many on Earth would today, a supernatural being that created the Universe.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
      From what I have seen, it does not seem to me that the Cylon God is a type of Cylon or anything that created the Cylon.

They always refere to God as many on Earth would today, a supernatural being that created the Universe.
      Or their creater.
      Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I really try not to speculate on questions like this. This is a question I don't think the producers and writers have answered yet. So if they don't know, they'll continue to write the story to fit their needs.

Comment

Originally posted by CMiYC View Post
          I really try not to speculate on questions like this. This is a question I don't think the producers and writers have answered yet. So if they don't know, they'll continue to write the story to fit their needs.
          And I think something like this would have to be in the BSG bible, even if I am way off here.
          Doze Out...

Comment

I think the Cylons are the best judge of this For example - they refer to themselves in the singular - 'the Cylon' or 'Cylon' - never it seems 'the cylons'.

Keep in mind that even the old style centurions 'have their purpose' in the Cylon order. Fighters are now grown, and resurrect - and base ships are essential life forms as well. I think their heavy raiders are individuals as well by the design, although the story lines with Starbucks escape from Caprica showed them piloting it themselves.

...which by the way - where is that heavy raider they acquired? Hmmmm...

So I think the 'Cylon Race' has many facets - like the human race. their hierarchy is like ours was a hundred years ago - and so I won't use racial comment here, but we considered other 'races of humans' to be inferior for a time simple because they were different. The Cylon seem to have the same problems...
            Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Working...
            X