Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if there find earth and earth rejects them.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      what if there find earth and earth rejects them.
      Then they're pretty screwed. I mean this whole trek has been about finding Earth. If they were to actually find it, and not be allowed to stay, I can't even begin to imagine how they'd deal with it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They will find earth Uninhabited with the 13th Colony already gone, leaving them with a scripture, telling them to turn their backs on technology, being the only way to defeat the cylons....

This will then create the stepping stones for our time earth which will become their kobol and it will all start over again a couple of thousand years....

there we go...

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000 View Post
          They arrive at Earth...See the Daedalus hailing them. Then the stargate command says "You traveled all this way in ships?! You should have just used a stargate!"
          A better version would be "This is the Earth ship Apollo "

Or the Colonials and the Cylons both arrive at earth at the same time but the earth is super advanced and sits down with all of them and works out some kind of treaty

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
            I was just thinking about how it might be interesting if Galactica got to Earth, did some recon and realised that they could never join the population of the Earth (either because Earth is still too underdeveloped, or because they felt that it would be wrong to introduce their Cylon conflict into earth society) and so, instead they just entrench themselves around the earth to defend it against the Cylons.
            The above quote almost sums it up for me. It would be exciting if they find earth and discover the remnants of the "13th colony" ie present day us and then have to defend the earth from a final assault by using the earth sattelite virus that infected the cylons in an earlier episode. Because current day earths technology would be alien to the cylon and behind BSG tech.

Comment

Well looks at the dates:

4,000 years ago (from BSG present) the 12 colonies leave Kobol
              2,000 years ago (from BSG present) the 13th tribe leaves Kobol

I'm willing to bet that the 13th tribe ends up being ancient Greece, ancient Greece started around 2,000 BC that would mean BSG present is 0.

Perhaps they realized that Earth is not advanced enough and either decided to abandon the Planet and go somewhere else or decide to just integrate into the culture.

(Baltar could be jesus!)

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Then they're pretty screwed. I mean this whole trek has been about finding Earth. If they were to actually find it, and not be allowed to stay, I can't even begin to imagine how they'd deal with it.
                it would be a great twist i evil one but great.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Do we know how long Kobol had been settled before the departure of the 13th tribe? Here's what I'm thinking:

The Colonials (and Cylons) find Earth. They come to an "arrangement" and live in peace together (Cylons as the new "Lords of Kobol"?). A faction of the Colonials can't accept this and return to New Caprica or Kobol (new 13th tribe?). The series ends with an oracle describing the departure and making a prophecy of the exodus from Earth

Comment

I think we will see something even simpler,

I think that we will find that Earth was the origin of the human species and every time we leave, we always come back home.
                    I agree that BSG is probably some point in the “VERY” distant past.
                    Perhaps earths magnetic field has a similar effect on the Cylons, like the nebula in the mini-series. Making earth a safe haven, but where most of their technology becomes useless.
                    They will find an earth where the 13th tribe had to abandoned their technology and settled millennia ago. Perhaps as a way to avoid all of the problems they had, as knowledge is power and that power nearly destroyed them.
                    The colonials see an opportunity to settle on a world where the cylons can never touch them, at the price of their technology.
                    The “skin jobs” also can-not settle on earth, but their offspring can and bring about a new line of thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X