Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they going to show chatroom posts DURING the episode?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they going to show chatroom posts DURING the episode?!

I don't know if I misinterpreted that ad, but if that's what it is, PLEASE no.

The last thing I need to see during my favorite show on TV is some 13 year old Lee/Cara shipper raving about how 'Starbuck pwns u'.

Anybody who works at scifi: PLEASE don't subject us to chatroom posts during the show.

i think the only doing it once and im sure they won't just put any thing up

Comment

But not during the a new episode, right? I only saw half the ad.

Comment

yeah there only going to do it during some BSG merthon next month i think

Comment

IMO....way to ruin a decent BSG marathon SciFi.

Comments *can* interesting...but not during the actual show as it
          runs/airs.....it distracts from the show too much..IMO.

This is an NBC/Universal thing...they've done this during a marathon run or two on Bravo for some of their shows that air on Bravo.
          I think that they last did this during their last marathon run of PR3 leading up to the finale epsiode for their Project Runway 3 show.

The comments can be lame..and they can be interesting...but there is no doubt that they are a distraction.
          I want to watch the show...not read a message board while trying to
          watch/soak in the show....even if it is a second or third viewing etc.

I don't really care if they do this type of thing with their "reality" shows on Bravo....but I don't really want to see it done with a BSG type show on SciFi.
          I think that it will be both bad and good...but way more bad than good.

IMO...it's a lame stunt....but sometimes stunts can work....it's a one time special thing...it will be something unique in the BSG world.
          It helps to serve the viewers only a small bit.
          I understand that they want to help expose ideas and layers to the characters and the stories.....but I just see it as a bit of a goof on a great show.

It will come...it will go......let's move on with the show.

I really hope that SciFi plans to also run a BSG marathon without the message board comments stuff.

Comment

A suggestion to all who will find this stuff annoying and/or distracting during the BSG marathon.

Try putting something up on the screen to block it all out/cover up that portion of the screen where the messages are being displayed etc.
            A big piece of paper etc should do the job...if it doesn't become too much of
            a distraction by itself....I suggest using something black.

They had better not cut the messages in and out at will and cause some kind of distortion to the playing image etc....that would suck so hard.
            If it just runs like a constant stream along the bottom you can try to cover it up and ignore it....just something along the bottom like the crawl on the cable news networks.

Comment

Originally posted by Winst View Post
              A suggestion to all who will find this stuff annoying and/or distracting during the BSG marathon.

Try putting something up on the screen to block it all out/cover up that portion of the screen where the messages are being displayed etc.
              A big piece of paper etc should do the job...if it doesn't become too much of
              a distraction by itself....I suggest using something black.

They had better not cut the messages in and out at will and cause some kind of distortion to the playing image etc....that would suck so hard.
              If it just runs like a constant stream along the bottom you can try to cover it up and ignore it....just something along the bottom like the crawl on the cable news networks.
              Don't sweat the small stuff. That's the most important advice I've ever received. I consider it my solemn duty to pass it on to you, as my father passed it on to me.

It won't ruin the marathon. It won't detract from the show. It's something along the bottom that you can ignore, especially since you know its going to be there. It's like telling somebody not to look at the helicopter flying overhead. Those who look for it to be annoyed by it will be, those who just go along their way and see it won't give it a second thought afterwards. Similar situation here, unless these messages are going to cover half the screen and wrap around the edges, with bright pink text and a Cylon death metal band playing background.

If this was that one VH-1 show (Popup Video, I think?), you'd have a problem. I'm fairly sure they're going to be unobtrusive about it. I could be wrong, but it's far better to be wrong than to build up a straw man to rant against.
              War... war never changes

Comment

Just an update......I never took a good look at the promo that they have been running.

From the example shown in the promo it looks as if they will be presenting the "comments" text in big white lettered text running across the screen in the blacked out area under the widescreened boxed image.

Any over under bets going for just how many times the comment "Starbuck's hot!" will be shown on the screen?

Comment

Working...
                X