This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Five and the Elder Centurions...

I was thinking - how do you explain the missing five Human Cylon models and the old model Centurions?

Well i'm thinking...

Spoiler:

The old model Centurions created the Human models to infiltrate the colonies, not to destroy them, but just to keep an eye on us Humans.

However seven of the 12 Human Models wanted to destroy humanity...the Centurions disagreed and so did the other 5 models, a civil war ensued and the Significant Seven won...they in turn created non-sentient Centurions and Raiders so as to not repeat the mistake of the older Centurions, who created other sentient Cylons that turned on them

Sure a pretty whacky theory, but most are. Tell me what you think

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

very complex explination, but it woul;d make sense

Spoiler:
    Ive always wondered what happened to the early centurions, how exactly did they evolve enough to decide to go against the humans in the first place. What empowered them to shoot for war.

And then you also raised the question, what happened to them during the 40 years after the war, where did they go. and how did they go from the early models to the human models and advanced Centurions.
    Under the Ice of Antarctica....
    O'Neill: I cant go on....
    Carter: You spent 7 Years on MacGyver and you cant figure this one out. We got belt buckles, and shoelaces and a piece of gum build me a Nuclear reactor for crying out loud. You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimik but now your Mister MacUseless.

Comment

that's purely speculative lol and it's a pretty big assumption....but it has rythm to it
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

It would also be a rather ironic twist. Flesh makes machine, which rebels. Machine makes flesh, which in turn rebels itself. Kind of fits the whole "this has happened before" thing as well. It would also explain why the centurions would design non-sentient heirs, that part never made sense to me. The answer in this solution would be "they didn't", the meatbag cylons did.

Comment

in one of the episodes, caprica 6 says that they still have the old cylon models around and use them form time to time, dont ask what episode, think its from season1/miniseries.

Comment

Originally posted by happyclappy View Post
            in one of the episodes, caprica 6 says that they still have the old cylon models around and use them form time to time, dont ask what episode, think its from season1/miniseries.
            Its in the miniseries. Baltar says something along the lines of "The last time anyone saw the Cylons, they looked like walking toasters" To which 6 replied "Those models are still around, they have their uses."

Pretty vague all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Tain View Post
              Its in the miniseries. Baltar says something along the lines of "The last time anyone saw the Cylons, they looked like walking toasters" To which 6 replied "Those models are still around, they have their uses."

Pretty vague all around.
              I personally feel she was referring to the newer model Cylons in that statement because they are huge walking toasters too.

I like this theory. But lose the spoiler tags. If it's speculative, it's not spoiling anything.

Comment

Very interesting speculation i haven't seen the original season of BSG and if anybody has a screen-capture of one of the toasters?

Comment

spoiler from upcoming eps

Spoiler:
                  Baltar and Caprica Three search for the remaining five Cylon humanoid models. Caprica Three uses the resurrection process in her efforts. She also becomes addicted to dying, which has consequences. From David Eick Interview [There are only three episodes left for this to happen since Lucy Lawless will be done with her commitment by Episode 311 (Rapture). The consequence is likely the elimination of the entire model series.]

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                    spoiler from upcoming eps

Spoiler:
                    Baltar and Caprica Three search for the remaining five Cylon humanoid models. Caprica Three uses the resurrection process in her efforts. She also becomes addicted to dying, which has consequences. From David Eick Interview [There are only three episodes left for this to happen since Lucy Lawless will be done with her commitment by Episode 311 (Rapture). The consequence is likely the elimination of the entire model series.]
                    wow a real spoiler
                    http://sword.myminicity.com/

Comment

That is pretty interesting stuff, I can't imagine what else they can do. Well I can, but it lacks the imagine needed for this show.

: Green is Good.
                      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                        Very interesting speculation i haven't seen the original season of BSG and if anybody has a screen-capture of one of the toasters?
                        As seen in the BSG miniseries:

As seen in the original series:

Not sure if it's the exact same prop, or redone to look similar like they did with the Viper Mark II. It's neat because in the miniseries, they have tech papers on the Centurion and in a painting in Adama's quarters, there's a bunch of humans fighting the old-school centurion with swords.

I didn't read that spoiler above, but if it involves old-school Cylon Centurions, I can't wait. If it's the final five, can't wait for that either.

Comment

The Elder Centurions should have a higher place in Cylon society surely if they spawned what we see now in the show?

Unless some of them terminated themselves on purpose to be placed in newer bodies? They had to test the resurrection process right? The ships resurrect so why not the original Cylons?

Unless what number 6 said in the pilot was just a throw away line.

Comment

Working...
                          X