X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't they still have a weapon? Spoilers for A Measure of Salvation

Even though . . .

Spoiler:
    . . . they were too late and the prisoners were already dead before they were in range of the Resurrection Ship, don't they still have a weapon? They know what it is, can't they develop it and try again? Hell, in secret for that matter to keep the same thing from happening?

i doubt adama or dr cottle would let them

Comment

Seems to me they should still have it. The problem is delivery, not to mention all the ethical brouhaha.
      Frak! --Apollo
      Frak you. --Cain
      FRAK Me! --Kat
      frakwit! --Tyrol
      B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Spoiler:
        they have samples for sure. it was just impossible to use it at this point... killing whole Cylon race in ep 6? c'mon, what would we watch

now they have weapon they can use, acctually they discovered much more - Cylon biotechnology doesnt have protection from some of diseases human are imune to and IMO they can acctually make more bio weapons now that they know for this vulnerability.

i think this ep was done to tie some loose ends and open up the show...
        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I think this disease maybe used later, maybe in the finale of the show. One of those things mentioned early in the series that comes into play later in the series history. Just a theory.

: Green is Good.
          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Agreed. A one-shot bio weapon, killing off the antagonist would end the series. Ultimately, the cylons will have to persue an immunity to some of the viral threats (now that they know they are capable of passing on infections). The likely hood that future attempts to use such a weapon may not have the desired results.

But consider this... now that the Cylone truley believe that the humans can do this, they will back off for a while.

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Originally posted by techjunkie View Post
              Agreed. A one-shot bio weapon, killing off the antagonist would end the series. Ultimately, the cylons will have to persue an immunity to some of the viral threats (now that they know they are capable of passing on infections). The likely hood that future attempts to use such a weapon may not have the desired results.

But consider this... now that the Cylone truley believe that the humans can do this, they will back off for a while.

Tech Junkie
              Heard it before. After the fleet took out their Resurrection Ship weren't the Cylons supposed to back off and resort to hit and run tactics. I wanted to see more there, but all we got was Scar.

Comment

Yeah they have a weapon. It's like having the best card hand you can have. But is it morally right to use it??? I would think that answer has been answered. Helo solved that problem...??? Or did he??? Time will work this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy_Little_Muffin View Post
                  Heard it before. After the fleet took out their Resurrection Ship weren't the Cylons supposed to back off and resort to hit and run tactics. I wanted to see more there, but all we got was Scar.
                  I think the same. If this had been successfull the series would have been done. It's an absolute....Great call, and great point. Next point.....

Why has Bill not thought of the hit and run on the base ships and other resurection ships????

Comment

It's cool that the great advantage of downloading has it's negative effects too. I think it was a too powerful thing for the cylons.
                    What strucks me is - why don't they have control of who is resurrecting - I mean they must have some kind of identification. So I wonder why they didn't just block the downloading of the cylons on the infected ship. Moving a resurrection ship out of range doesn't seem to be the most elegant way...
                    Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Working...
                    X