This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adama's rank (minor spoilers)

The principle reason Commander Adama got promoted to Admiral was becuase he was in control of two ships. Now that Pegasus is destroyed shouldn't he be demoted bank to Commander?

Originally posted by shaqarava View Post
    The principle reason Commander Adama got promoted to Admiral was becuase he was in control of two ships. Now that Pegasus is destroyed shouldn't he be demoted bank to Commander?
    No he earned that rank, he can't be demoted because his simple son destroyed one of his ships.

Besides who's gonna be the unlucky fool who's gonna tell him? Here's how that scene would play out...

Unlucky fool : "Ummm sir, sorry but I'm afraid I have to tell you that you've been demoted."

Adama: ...

Unlucky fool : "Uhh sir...umm OH GOD SIR PLEASE STOP HITTING ME...NO NO!!! PLEASE!! DON'T PICK UP THAT 1800lbs DESK AND BEAT ME WITH IT...AAARRRGGGGHHH AAAGGGHHHH..." (sounds of brains being splattered about the walls)
    Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Is lee still a commander? If so does it go, Adama, Lee then tigh?

I see conflict and dead people.

Comment

He's commander of the human fleet, both civilian and military. So he's still qualified as an Admiral.

Besides, the other thing is... the human fleet became the colonial fleet when Cain joined it, meaning that they still need an admiral.

Comment

Lee will probably stay at rank Commander but just be the Galactica CAG.
          "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Not yet. He still has to jump a lot more to remove all that FAT.

Comment

Cain only had one ship and she was still an Admiral. Granted, her group o' ships was destroyed after her promotion, but then again... so was Adama's.

In other words, no. There will be no demotions.
              Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                From what I saw from promo pictures, he ends up being a Captain or maybe Major again

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                  Cain only had one ship and she was still an Admiral. Granted, her group o' ships was destroyed after her promotion, but then again... so was Adama's.

In other words, no. There will be no demotions.

She was an Admiral before the s*** hit the fan.
                  Last edited by pizzadude; 29 October 2006, 02:50 AM. Reason: just to be clear

Comment

Originally posted by cubby14 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    From what I saw from promo pictures, he ends up being a Captain or maybe Major again

Spoiler:
                    Yup the next episode promo it looks like he's a major doesnt it, when he's in his flight suit.

Comment

I re-read the topic starter and you said 'the principle reason for Adama being promoted to Admiral was because he was in charge of 2 Battlestars' but I thought the reason was that if another Admiral turned up, there wouldn't have to be a new military commander of the fleet so that the whole Cain problem wouldn't happen again. Bill would then stay in charge of the military in the fleet if any other Admiral would to turn up. I could be wrong but i'm watching Ressurection Ship again just to be sure.

Comment

I re-read the topic starter and you said 'the principle reason for Adama being promoted to Admiral was because he was in charge of 2 Battlestars' but I thought the reason was that if another Admiral turned up, there wouldn't have to be a new military commander of the fleet so that the whole Cain problem wouldn't happen again. Bill would then stay in charge of the military in the fleet if any other Admiral would to turn up. I could be wrong but i'm watching Ressurection Ship again just to be sure.
                        Being in charge of more than one Battlestar meant that he COULD be named Admiral, but I don't think it was necessarily required. I think your reasoning is correct, that Roslin didn't want another "Cain" on her hands with the danger to the civilian fleet that brought. Also, there's indication that she did it as a "parting gift" to honor him as she was close to death at the time....

Spoiler:
                        "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                        ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by burn out View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Yup the next episode promo it looks like he's a major doesnt it, when he's in his flight suit.
                          I don't recall anything like that being shown. I believe that no demotions will take place. In real life it just doesn't happen like that.

In Collaborators he was still a Commander.

Comment

Originally posted by gateroom View Post
                            I don't recall anything like that being shown. I believe that no demotions will take place. In real life it just doesn't happen like that.

In Collaborators he was still a Commander.
                            Spoiler:
                            In a promotional picture he surely looks like a Major and that is Starbuck with long hair.
                            Last edited by cubby14; 29 October 2006, 11:48 AM. Reason: link didn't work

Comment

Spoiler:
                              In a promotional picture he surely looks like a Major and that is Starbuck with long hair.
                              I don't know it almost looks like a old picture to me. I guess we will find out in the next few episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X