This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is scifi planning a special Original BSG conclusion series

Hey has anybody been hearing rumours that scifi is planning to air an *original series* concluding special 2 part movie? Richard Hatch, has been floating it to scifi. And trying to connect it to the new series, as a sort of prequel to the new series. The story is that a new series bsger before the events of the 2 part episode movie that started the series will have a nightmare. A sort of hullicination of parrarel battlestar galatica and their final adventure. A sort of nightmare alluding to what will become of his bsg. I hope they do it. i think alot of original fans would want it.

Not going to happen, at least not with Scifi channel. Brian Singer and Tom DeSanto were orginally going to do the continuation series with Hatch and Dirk, but the script was apparently terrible and FOX decided to fund Firefly instead of it, especially once production was halted after 9/11 (The sets were actually already put together).

Had the show actually been produced it would have suffered Firefly's fate.

Besides, many of the plot "ideas" that were in DeSanto's script are in TNS. Human cylons (Hatch's "Apollo" character would have been one ((LOL)), cyclon civilization stories, etc.

The season two finale/season three premier of TNS was actually a homage to what the original new series was going to be. Humans on an "occupied" Caprica waiting to be saved by Galactica.

If anything orginal BSG related ever came about, it would probably be some crappy straight-to-DVD thing, or the cartoon series DeSanto talked breifly about. But don't hold your breath for either. Continuations talks have been in the rumor mill since the mid 90's, and I doubt now with TNS airing it's ever going too happen.

Thankfully.

Are you sure all the stuff you just talked about isn't "Caprica" related? The spin-off to the new series in production?
    Last edited by Chricton; 18 August 2006, 10:05 AM.
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Working...
    X