This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    Anyone have any idea what's going to air on Friday in those other two slots once BSG starts in October? The Stargates are done with the first half of the season then, right? Are they going to show Stargate reruns or something else entirely?

I also worry that BSG's ratings will be hurt by losing the fans who have been tuning in mainly for Stargate but stick around for BSG. Will they continue to watch on Friday if there are no new Stargate eps?
    They could always put in Firefly or something that would get die hard fans watching that might stay around to tune in to BSG.

Comment

The reason is simple: SciFi executives have to meet their annual quota of stupid decisions .

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
        The reason is simple: SciFi executives have to meet their annual quota of stupid decisions .
        Nice!

Comment

I also worry that BSG's ratings will be hurt by losing the fans who have been tuning in mainly for Stargate but stick around for BSG. Will they continue to watch on Friday if there are no new Stargate eps?
          BSG proved back in it's first season that it could hold it's own airing in the fall by itself. It's just that when it was paired with SG fans of that may have come on board. Either way, lead-ins on channels with ratings that usually never break 3.0 don't usually matter. It would only mean a .1 -.2 difference.
          Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

just remember, anything is better then tremors the series
            anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

If this site is accurate, it sounds like BSG isn't going to air its third season nonstop as rumored. It looks like there will be 10 new eps starting in October, a break in December, and then the last 10 eps airing sometime in 2007. Now that could mean that it restarts in Jan and there's only a 2-3 week break or it could restart later meaning a much longer break.

This is all quite odd...

Comment

If this site is accurate, it sounds like BSG isn't going to air its third season nonstop as rumored. It looks like there will be 10 new eps starting in October, a break in December, and then the last 10 eps airing sometime in 2007. Now that could mean that it restarts in Jan and there's only a 2-3 week break or it could restart later meaning a much longer break.

This is all quite odd...
                Most shows break for a bit in late December- early January, so not too odd. It'll probably only be for a couple of weeks over the Christmas break.

Comment

You're question has probably already been answered, but i'll give my guess. I'm pretty sure it's because if BSG had wanted to do a full season (rather than a season split into two halves like season 2), they needed more time. They didn't like how it was split up so they gave themselves more time. Good news is, when it does finally come on again in October, there'll be twice as many episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                    They also probably deal with the financial matter with SkyOne

There's a "financial matter" with Sky One? Does that explain why they advertise the show so *******ed heavily?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                      Most shows break for a bit in late December- early January, so not too odd. It'll probably only be for a couple of weeks over the Christmas break.
                      That would make sense, though it's the vague "resumes sometime in 2007" feel of the info that makes me think it could be later than Jan.

Originally posted by Naonak

There's a "financial matter" with Sky One? Does that explain why they advertise the show so *******ed heavily?
                      I'm not sure what exactly Chricton meant, but IIRC Sky One and the SciFi channel made a deal to share the costs for BSG's season one (this is apparently why the first season premiered overseas 3 months before the US). I don't think that was the case for s2 - SciFi shouldered all of the costs for that season. No idea what's up for s3.

Comment

The CGI in BSG also takes much longer to create. No offense to the Stargates, the CGI looks great on both shows, but neither compare to BSG's.
                        I have to disagree with that, so much more has been done with the special effects on the Stargate series. From big space battles to plenty of action on the surface of planets especially The Lost City P2. I agree the CGI looks great on BSG but not better than Stargate.

Comment

Sorry, dude, but your wrong. Sure, there's more on Stargate, but it doesn't look nearly as good. There hasn't been a single shot in Stargate that looks as good as the battle in Resurrection Ship pt. 2 or Scar. Lost City came close, but it wasn't quite there. Plus the CGI since that episode seems to have taken a step down. The premier were especially disappointing in that regard.

I think there was even an article about how much more goes into the CGI of BSG. I'll have to find it.
                          Last edited by Chricton; 18 July 2006, 01:32 PM.
                          Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

BSG proved back in it's first season that it could hold it's own airing in the fall by itself. It's just that when it was paired with SG fans of that may have come on board.
                            OTOH, I know fans of SG who decided that BSG was a depressing sack of politically correct b.s. and turned off anyway. There are fans of SG1 and Atlantis who can't stand BSG, and vice versa. While I don't want to patronise the Stargate shows - or their fans - I have to wonder if there are more people who aren't usually SF fans but were tuning in because they noticed the raves in MSM outlets lthat aren't exactly genre-friendly. Perhaps SFC management are smarter than we think, though I don't want to push that too far with the geniuses who cancelled Farscape. The point is, that it strikes me as a real vote of confidence in the whole BSG team that TPTB think it can hold its own against the network newbies.

Comment

Sorry, dude, but your wrong. Sure, there's more on Stargate, but it doesn't look nearly as good. There hasn't been a single shot in Stargate that looks as good as the battle in Resurrection Ship pt. 2 or Scar. Lost City came close, but it wasn't quite there. Plus the CGI since that episode seems to have taken a step down. The premier were especially disappointing in that regard.

I think there was even an article about how much more goes into the CGI of BSG. I'll have to find it.
                              Of course BSG is going to have the better CGI- less location shooting=more $$$ for CGI, etc.

Stargate has to juggle the costs a lot more so their CGI won't be as spectacular (but it's still good).

Comment

Working...
                              X