This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG in spanish

Does anyone who maybe saw the spanish miniseries captions know how cylon is spelled in it? How about the plural?

I watched the US version and accidentally began with the mexican-spanish audio: los cilones fueron creados para hacer la vida más sencilla en las 12 Colonias.... This is gramatically correct and it´s spelled as it´s written, literally. Besides, BSG is currently aired in Spain (satellite tv) I didn´t listen to the castillian (spanish in spain) version and they´ve dubbed it again. Many times english words are being literally taken because they sound better or cooler or whatever in features and/or TV series so it could sound different.

I couldn´t return to the spanish version after hearing Mary, Katee, EJ, and both James real voices.

Is this helpful for you?
    Last edited by DOIKECARTER; 09 May 2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by demredsox
      Does anyone who maybe saw the spanish miniseries captions know how cylon is spelled in it? How about the plural?
      I´ve watched the mini as it was aired in Spain. The voices are SO different I won´t see any more episodes. Ok, in Spain cylon plural is CILONS and I´ve written it with "i" because it´s spelled as english "e" letter.
      Besides "FRAK" is not mentioned in spanish version since the spanish word for "....." is totally different so the real word is used.....as in "jodido" .

Any other changes:

Yeah...Colonials is not translated to a spanish word so it sounds weird and it makes no sense in spanish, Vipers are "Viboras" (this is translated so I don´t see the point in changing some words and not others) and the most outrageous one ..: Laura´s words as she was being sworn, her opting for "accepting" the role of President instead of "taking" wasn´t mentioned....and I didn´t like this because you are not just changing words, but changing the character.

Comment

Working...
      X