Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesnt President Roslin look pretty good for her age?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesnt President Roslin look pretty good for her age?

Doesnt anybody here think President Roslin look pretty good for her age. she has some desperate housewive thing going around her. Is that just me or does everybody agree.

no...sorry...not at all...no way.
    Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Uhm.....what exactly IS her age......?

Comment

I won't post it here but it's easy to find out if you google the actor's name (i'm guessing Laura is supposed to be the same age as Mary)

and yes, I think she looks remarkable for her age so does the Admiral *starts thinking about the Admiral* {Mod Snip}!

*mutters and tries to go back to maths*
        Last edited by TameFarrar; 05 May 2006, 05:55 PM.

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Yes! She is sooo gorgeous! Pretty good doesn't describe it at all she is so elegant and sophisticated, dare I say...sexy.

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

In the first season I found her quite attractive...2nd on the show only to Kara.

However, in the 2nd season, don't know if they changed the makeup to go with the character changes, but I find her character much less attractive and the woman as well.

She must be an excellent actor!
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

She's gorgeous. 0_0 I hope I look half as good as she does when I'm her age. But age aside, she's a beauty, an unconventional beauty, but a beauty all the same. To me, she's the prettiest female on that show, she and Kara are my top 2. And...I envy her hair!

I do not have the talent to make this sig. It was Elly! *gives cookie* You rock my socks. It be so pretty, pretty. ^_^

[Currently No Banner of Shameless Fanfic Advertising]

o_O

Comment

Envy's a good word!

About her change in season two -

Spoiler:
                when that much happens to you, and you have to go through dying and all sorts of other things, I think it is surfice to say that you're going to look a little different. To come out of that season still looking gorgeous is an achievment in its self! Although, I do like her hair just that little bit shorter, like early season two. And Adama MUST LOSE THE MOUSTACHE!

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

As Mary 'Stands With A Fist' and 'Dances with Wolves' reguarding the subject of her ageless secrets.

More along the lines of classic beauty
                  The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Yes, I completely agree! She's amazing! I mean it can't just be makeup cause she ALWAYS looks that good! Even when they have her sick and dying in s2 she manages to stay attractive which adds up to really good acting and a classic sort of natural beauty. I hope I'm half as gorgeous as her when I'm her age! Bravo, my friend!
                    WARNING: NO PENCIL ON EARTH IS SAFE UNTIL THE A/R SHIPPER'S DEMANDS ARE MET. ALL PENCILS ARE ADVISED TO EVACUATE THE PLANET IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. UPDATES WILL CONTINUE AS SEASON 3 SPOILERS CONTINUE. PLEASE STAY TUNED.

"Never give up hope." ~ Laura Roslin
                    Thanks 4 the sig, Elly! It brought tears to my eyes! (The good kind!) I bow to your supreme AWESOMENESS!

Comment

Yeah, I'd have to say that see looks pretty good for her age.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

She really is quite beautiful for a mature woman and does add something to any scene that she's in.
                        You don't know the power of the Dark Side

Comment

I do want to remind you guys that this thread, by its very nature, flirts with the 'respect the actors' rule.

If you - the general you - don't happen to think that Roslin looks good for her age, i ask you to phrase that thought in a respectful manner.

'Ros is a dried up hag' is inappropriate while 'i dunno, she looked so tired all the time' is ok.

The main reason for asking folks to be careful with the distinction is because we are talking about the character's appearance...which is one and the same with the actor's appearance.

So please, share your opinions, just don't make them personal
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Having looked up her age I'd say that she doesn't quite look it no.

I don't really find her sexy or anything though and I don't think that was really the point of her character. I don't really think of any of the BSG women as "hotties" in the same way I do with other shows really. Probably because there's so much drama in the writing and their fantastic performances that I don't really need to create the added mental distraction to stay interested. Classy show with classy ladies.

Comment

I think we have to give mary props for keeping up with such a hectic schedule. Shes a fulltime mother, and she's acting fulltime. And she has time to head to the gym. She's 54 years old, and for that age she looks pretty damn good. Can you imagine working fulltime, kids, and having to maintain a good figure. Remember, it is the acting world, and you have to maintain a certain type of style, while you are in the business.

And speaking characterize, I think they were trying to downplay her looks b/c she was suppose tobe suffering from cancer and stress. That's why they were trying to town down her looks.

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                              In the first season I found her quite attractive...2nd on the show only to Kara.

However, in the 2nd season, don't know if they changed the makeup to go with the character changes, but I find her character much less attractive and the woman as well.

She must be an excellent actor!

Comment

Working...
                              X