Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one wouldn't mind seeing aliens....if it is done right. Everyone says they'd leave the series if they had aliens, why? One or two bad episodes shouldn't make you hate the series. Also Ron more has done a pretty good job with the series. I'd at least give the episode(s) a chance before saying its horrible. To me, as long as the aliens are alien and not star trek/Stargate: sg1 (even though I love both series) aliens, I'll be fine with it.

Comment

Hey, I might possibly be in the majority here when I say NO to aliens! Contrary to popular beliefs, a sci-fi show/book does NOT need aliens to be sci-fi. BSG is unique among sci-fi shows in that it does not need aliens to tell a story. This show is about humanity from a human perspective and we do not need to constantly compare ourselves to a higher idealized civilization to see what is wrong with our society today.

I am glad that RM and EJO share the same sentiment in not having aliens on the show. We already have enough of other shows to fill in the 'alien of the week' niche, BSG is one of a kind, I would hate to see it become another generic sci-fi show.

Big huge disclaimer: I *adore* SG1, but it's in a whole different category to BSG and SG1 fill its own role admirably.

Comment

No aliens in BSG, it will break the balance. The human-machines divergence is a subject too juicy for us only to be replaced by some aliens that could be friends that could too conveniently help the humans defeat the machines or could become enemies (and in that case enemies of bothe) and also could too conveniently make those 2 parties join forces in order to defeat a greater threat. Aliens of the week is out of the question. Reason: it would be a filler with no importance to the general story, and I also hate fillers.

As for the theory that all humans are from Kobol I doubt that it's true. How could English develop independently on 2 separate worlds, and on top of that the Latin writing could also be developed independently. Too many coincidences. I expect an ending a la Planet of the Apes when we find out that all is happening in the future. I also expect a twist with a Firefly flavour where a great exodus happened and the first planet where they established was Kobol. From there humans later spread to the 12 Colonies.
        School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
        X